+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on LMO/LMIA...share your timelines here and get through the wait

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Any news/updates from persons waiting on LMO/LMIA? Feel free to share your timelines everyone. I'm approaching the end on my 6th week and the wait is brutal.

Province : Manitoba
NOC 2112

skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
Any news/updates from persons waiting on LMO/LMIA? Feel free to share your timelines everyone. I'm approaching the end on my 6th week and the wait is brutal.

Province : Manitoba
NOC 2112
"6th week" That's nothing ... :) I am on 22 week... I hope It wont take this long for your application.

onsjmd

Nov 15, 2013
2174, Vancouver BC.

Original application: 5 Nov, rejected in March
Appealed again: 15th April

Waiting ever since, I had interviewed for the startup company in 2013 August :) It's going to be an year of waiting! Blimey!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
onsjmd said:
2174, Vancouver BC.

Original application: 5 Nov, rejected in March
Appealed again: 15th April

Waiting ever since, I had interviewed for the startup company in 2013 August :) It's going to be an year of waiting! Blimey!
Omg! Well if the pattern holds you should know something within the next few weeks. Its hard to focus on anything else when this major life event just hangs in limbo.

Rut

Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2016
LANDED..........
22-01-2016
26 weeks, Allberta NOC 7216

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well yesterday my boss received a letter saying that his application will be returned and refunded and he can re apply within new conditions. That was my last chance to stay in Canada...

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
duarca said:
Well yesterday my boss received a letter saying that his application will be returned and refunded and he can re apply within new conditions. That was my last chance to stay in Canada...
Sorry to hear that duarca. Do you mind sharing your details? Can you tell us when you applied, what province and your NOC? Was your wage below the median wage of the province?

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
Sorry to hear at duarca. Do you mind sharing your details? Can you tell us when you applied, what province and your NOC? Was your wage below the median wage of the province?
Applied was mid june, before changes, noc 6661 in AB. They called my employer few days after, for routine identification questions, then a week or two after they asked him to repost advertisment and some papers more. It did not get rejected because something was wrong with wage or advertisment or anyhting else, they just said reapply under new conditions.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
duarca said:
Applied was mid june, before changes, noc 6661 in AB. They called my employer few days after, for routine identification questions, then a week or two after they asked him to repost advertisment and some papers more. It did not get rejected because something was wrong with wage or advertisment or anyhting else, they just said reapply under new conditions.
Ok then. Well my application was submitted mid June as well. Haven't heard a word except that it was received around the 3-4 week mark. I hope they don't send it back. $1000 is a lot of money to pay.

Do you know what you'll do next?

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
Ok then. Well my application was submitted mid June as well. Haven't heard a word except that it was received around the 3-4 week mark. I hope they don't send it back. $1000 is a lot of money to pay.

Do you know what you'll do next?
If you paid $1000 means that your application has been processed with new conditions, so shouldn't be returned for that reason. I'm thinking of studying or go somewhere else, don't really have a choice now...

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
duarca said:
If you paid $1000 means that your application has been processed with new conditions, so shouldn't be returned for that reason. I'm thinking of studying or go somewhere else, don't really have a choice now...
We didn't pay a $1000. Was just thinking that the employer might be unwilling to have to pay that under the new conditions. Good luck with whatever you decide.

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
We didn't pay a $1000. Was just thinking that the employer might be unwilling to have to pay that under the new conditions. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Oh I see, thank you :)

mdhkr

Nov 23, 2011
IS there any one who received a positive LMIA till date.. for the food service supervisor.. :((