+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting more than 100 days without answer (spouse sponsorship)

sylrod

Nov 23, 2011
Hello all,

I'm a Canadian living in Vietnam. My wife and I are waiting for an answer concerning our demand for permanent residency.
-We paid online on the 7 of July
-Received a receipt immediatly
-Mailed (FEDEX) the demand on the 17 of July
-FEDEX told us that it arrived in Mississauga on the 21 of July
Since then... nothing.

It's been very long and we have no way to know if they really received the demand. I wrote a mail to the singapore office in charge of demands from Vietnam on the 10 of November... No answer.... I cannot call them ( they don't have a line). I cannot call to Mississauga because my case is processed outside of Canada.
Really don't know where to get "information".
Any idea? Desperate about the non acknowledgement of reception

Sylvain

sahm2boys

Star Member
Aug 9, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
sylrod said:
Hello all,

I'm a Canadian living in Vietnam. My wife and I are waiting for an answer concerning our demand for permanent residency.
Since then... nothing.

It's been very long and we have no way to know if they really received the demand. I wrote a mail to the singapore office in charge of demands from Vietnam on the 10 of November... No answer.... I cannot call them ( they don't have a line). I cannot call to Mississauga because my case is processed outside of Canada.

Sylvain
Do you have your receipt (from the sponsor fees) handy? There is a receipt number on there, you can try and use that on ECAS to see if your approval is there. That is an option they give you aside from the client number. I'm not sure if ECAS is available from where you are but it's worth a try. Do you have a phone number to the singapore office?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en - click this link and follow the instructions for ecas

Use the receipt number and sponsors details and you may be able to login.

You could also try contacting Singapore.

www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/ - link to website
Singapore-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca - general enquiry email
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=singapore - case specific enquiry e-form

Good luck!

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
sylrod said:
Hello all,

Since then... nothing.

Sylvain
You should still be able to call CIC even if you are applying outland, because the call centre has access to the file regardless,and they can look to see if your sponsorship has been approved, and or let you know the status of the app.

I provided an email, hoping they would contact me this way, but they still sent a letter, so Iam not sure which address you put. Perhaps because you are in overseas the letter takes longer.

Anyway, hoping the best for you and your wife!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
ccbrasil said:
You should still be able to call CIC even if you are applying outland, because the call centre has access to the file regardless,and they can look to see if your sponsorship has been approved, and or let you know the status of the app.
You can only call the CIC call centre from within Canada and the OP is living in Vietnam.

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
pinklady said:
You can only call the CIC call centre from within Canada and the OP is living in Vietnam.
Sorry, I thought I read in another topic that you were able too, but you are right, I just checked the CIC website and that is correct.

His best bet is either ecas access with the receipt number, or calling the Visa Office.

Best of luck to you! I am sorry I wasnt helpful.

trungngan

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
27-05-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
28-02-2011
Passport Req..
03-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2011
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
Hi Sylvain

call this 1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message) for any where will get you to CIC. You may have to call couple times.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically, CIC does say people are unable to access the Call Centre if they are outside the country but in practice, some people have reported success using a number to call from abroad. I have no idea since I'm in Canada and have never tried calling the Call Centre (not that's it that much help) from abroad.
ccbrasil said:
Sorry, I thought I read in another topic that you were able too, but you are right, I just checked the CIC website and that is correct.

His best bet is either ecas access with the receipt number, or calling the Visa Office.

Best of luck to you! I am sorry I wasnt helpful.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In addition to logging into e-cas and calling the Call Centre, really verify that the sponsor in this case has not received the sponsorship approval from CPCM via mail or email. The sponsorship approval is mailed to the sponsor and not to the PR applicant.
sylrod said:
Hello all,

Since then... nothing.

Sylvain

sylrod

Nov 23, 2011
Thanks all,

I did try by using the receipt number and send email to Singapore.... but nothing. Also, I live with my wife so I know we didn't receive any paper.
I'll try the number in Canada as I cannot get answer from anywhere else.

Thanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If Fedex has a signature for the package, CPCM obviously received it. They also should have completed processing it, as it's been well over two months. I would recommend checking the sponsor's email (including trash folder) more thoroughly. Also, I don't know why you were not able to log in with the receipt number but you should certainly have something in e-cas by now. Sign up for e-cas tracker with all the information you have and it will email you when it is able to log you in.
sylrod said:
Thanks all,

I did try by using the receipt number and send email to Singapore.... but nothing. Also, I live with my wife so I know we didn't receive any paper.
I'll try the number in Canada as I cannot get answer from anywhere else.

Thanks

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Another thing to try: If you have family in Canada, ask them to contact the MP for their riding on your behalf. Often times, the MP's office will be able to follow up with CIC and figure out what's happening. I figure it varies depending on where you live, but I've contacted my MP's office several times since the time we applied and they've been very helpful to us.

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
Quote from the September 2011 topic:

hambzik said:
Hi, you can try this:

It is possible to reach the CIC call centre from outside Canada via Foreign Affairs Canada:

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

I hope you can reach them using 613 area code number.

sylrod

Nov 23, 2011
Hi all,

I called the number that Trungngan gave me, waited about 15 minutes got to talk with an operator and he was surprised that i was able to call from abroad but still he helped us. They've found our files under my wife's name!!!! Yeah. It was mentioned that they sent us a confirmation email on the 6 of October and its now being analyzed in Singapore.
Feels lighter now...

Thanks again for your advises. Now we can start to wait as usual but knowing that it's not lost behind a cabinet.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
sylrod said:
Hi all,

I called the number that Trungngan gave me, waited about 15 minutes got to talk with an operator and he was surprised that i was able to call from abroad but still he helped us. They've found our files under my wife's name!!!! Yeah. It was mentioned that they sent us a confirmation email on the 6 of October and its now being analyzed in Singapore.
Feels lighter now...

Thanks again for your advises. Now we can start to wait as usual but knowing that it's not lost behind a cabinet.
Great news! Thanks for the update!