+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Monty2018

Apr 10, 2018
Why you got the photo request? Did you send the photos withinw the envelope while you send you passport to the CIC?
i sent the first set of photographs along with my passports. The landing instructions which came along with the CoPR also asked the candidate to carry an additional set of photographs when reporting for landing. In my case the landing officer did not ask for the second set during the landing formalities. I guess they are now asking for this second set when processing my PR card.

J-chy

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
i sent the first set of photographs along with my passports. The landing instructions which came along with the CoPR also asked the candidate to carry an additional set of photographs when reporting for landing. In my case the landing officer did not ask for the second set during the landing formalities. I guess they are now asking for this second set when processing my PR card.
oh~ but i didn't receive any request

J-chy

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
oh~ but i didn't receive any request
Did you receive your card?

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
My wife's PR card timeline:

Landed: 25 November 2017, Toronto Pearson

Acknowledgment received from CIC that PR card application was received: Jan 10, 2018

Filed information about the PR card: In Canada Case Specific Enquiry - Permanent Resident Card - Initial Card: Feb 27, 2018

Reply received from case-specific enquiry (CIC): Submit two photographs, March 9, 2018

Photos submitted & received: March 12, 2018

PR card received: April 11, 2018

Never got any letter from CIC about the photographs, we found out through case-specific inquiry.

Monty2018

Apr 10, 2018
I called up CIC today and got the latest updates. CIC is currently processing resubmitted photos received by 15th March. Hope this helps folks who have received photo resubmission requests recently.
I will request anyone calling CIC, to ask the date upto which photo re-submissions are being processed and post it on this thread. this will help everyone keep track of the rate at which the re-submission requests are being processed.

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

My wife and I just received our CoPRs and landed on Apr 14. The problem is they sent back one of my photos with the passports and the CoPRs, but not for my wife. Don't they need two photos to issue the PR card? Does this mean they sent back my photo by accident and they will be asking for new photos while they start processing my application?
Thanks

ALP15

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Spousal Family Class - Outland
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
Hi everyone, i am landing on Feb20, any one has any thoughts about how long i still need to wait? Because i wanna book my flight and other plans…Thank you
Landed feb 23. Still waiting. No photos have been requested either. Where did you land?

Last edited:

Pune210682

Sep 7, 2017
Have u received ur card? I landed 02 March, card was dispatched 12 April but has not been delivered to Mississauga address yet. Please update once u receive ur card.
Landed feb 23. Still waiting. No photos have been requested either. Where did you land?

Groupof5

Nov 20, 2017
Landed in Toronto on 20/04/2018 collected SIN at the airport with my wife and son. Connect to Montreal with AC as ETA don't go to Montreal and as a QIIP I must land and stay in Qeubec. Waiting for the PR card with my Quebec address.

mari.shim

Apr 3, 2017
I've just got my card :D, my timeline is

Landing: Jan 7th (YVR Airport)
New photographs request:Feb 21st
Photographs Delivered: Feb 26th
Photographs approved: March 14th
PR Card sent for production: March 14th
Application approved: March 19th
PR card received: March 23rd.

Best of luck guys! hope everyone get their card soon.
Hey, I was wondering how do you know the date of when you PR card was sent for production? Did you do an inquiry? I couldn't find such information on the myCiC nor ECAS.
Thank you!

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
which number exactly should I call to find out the status of my card?BTW I landes on 15th of March,still waiting for the card.

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

I landed at Etobicoke on April 30, 2018. This might be a dumb question but what is the process to get your pr card after landing?

Thank you!!