+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

tannaalok

Feb 8, 2018
I am not able to link my PR card to my CIC account. I am getting below error.
The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Validation error: Provide the necessary information below to continue.

• Error Description: The application number you entered does not match the category you selected or is not valid for the transaction you are performing.

I spoke with CIC customer care and they are saying everything looks good on there end. Not sure what to do ?

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017

• Error Description: The application number you entered does not match the category you selected or is not valid for the transaction you are performing.

I spoke with CIC customer care and they are saying everything looks good on there end. Not sure what to do ?
Same thing happened with me. I tried many many times to link my PR card app but it could never be found by the search. Its wasn't that bad tho, my card still came. I just couldn't see status updates I guess. I did a lot of googling about this issue, both on this forum and the web. It seems some people just can't link their card apps. Some also contacted CIC and had it linked somehow..? It didn't seem worth the hassle to me. I just waited it out.

- I never had that exact error. It just kept telling me no applications could be found matching my info.

jbourne

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017

what is the CIC customer care number ?

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Update! Called CIC today to get some update, the agent told me that my card was mailed out last Friday, February 9.

Landed on December 21. Total 7 weeks since landing.

Reactions: Tomi2

beesting

Feb 13, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding travel plans during the PR process:

I am a CEC inland applicant with a dependent spouse who is here on a work permit, We already got passport and request and passports have been delivered to CIC, just waiting to get them back.

We have travel plans outside Canada for first week in May but I have no valid visa because my study visa has expired, I have a valid paper work permit only. My spouse has a work visa stamped on his passport and the paper work permit which is still valid. My questions are below:

How do we get back into Canada after our trip?I am sure we will get out passports back before then, can we get our PR cards before the first week in May if we land immediately we get our passports?
Is it okay if we land on our way back?Will there be any issues?
Do we need to apply for visas to be allowed re-entry?

In summary, what are our options for re-entry?

Please advise