AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
Hi...I have landed on April 16 and still waiting for the card.
I called CIC today and they said it's still in pending status. Does anyone has any idea how many more days it will take?
Yours has hit the 57th day mark, right? I really think you should call back and find out why yours is pending when its crossed the updated timelines they have posted themselves. I'll give them a call if I don't find anything in my mailbox on Monday. This is honestly so frustrating....

simonletourni

Jun 13, 2017
A quick update and further details. I have been living in Canada for over 3 years always legally on different work visas. I applied for PR through spousal sponsorship in feb 2016. At the time I was looking at a 16 to 24 months processing time. I made travel plans at the beginning of 2017 to visit family in France from June 18th 2017 to July 1st. I was abruptly invited to do my landing, which I did on april 20th 2017 and was told I would get my card within 4 to 6 weeks. My specific situation is that my wife being a flight attendant , we travel stand by and therefore cannot produce boarding passes or proof of ticket purchases, hence my ineligibility to apply for PRTD. yesterday I checked on my ETA status which I applied for and was granted last year while still on a work permit. It was valid yesterday so I figured there was my chance to Be able to board a return flight. Although when checking again this morning, my ETA had disappeared and I was unable to apply for a new one because I suspect my PR status had finally been registered in the system. Now what I'm hoping is that the meaning of this is that either my PR card has been processed, or even better MAILED OUT. But of course I have no way of knowing for certain or know when I will find it in my mailbox... or do I ????? My only other option s would be to go anyways, hope for the card to arrive while I am away and have my friend to FedEx it to me--- or cAncel the trip which would result in the loss of a chunk of money, a logistical nightmare, and a very sad grandmother who won't be seeing her grandson for her 90th birthday.

NehaP

Mar 20, 2015
What is pending stage. Is it similar to production? When you called what info they requested before giving you this price of info.
I called CIC last week also and the agent told me that it is in production. When I called yesterday the agent told me it is not in production yet but still pending. There is no clear status from them though I am assuming its waiting to get approved and I have already mentioned that it passed 57 days processing time as well. I have to travel in next week and this wait is really annoying.

miuonpak2

May 31, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I landed on April 20th in Etobicoke,ON, and am still waiting for the CARD. It is seemingly impossible to get through to anyone on the phone. I have tried many times at 8am sharp only to be bounced around from answering machine to answering machine, and I can't really afford to take a day off to hold the line hoping someone will ever pick up the receiver on the other end. On landing day I was told the processing would take 4 to 6 weeks. Then the IRCC website has since kept updating their estimated processing time, latest entry states 57 days.
I am sure the good people at Immigration Canada are very busy and are trying to do their jobs but I cannot comprehend how producing the card can take so long, furthermore, I do not understand why one isn't allowed to travel abroad and reenter a country he/she is officially a permanent resident of, without a PR card BUT with a valid passport only, the very same passport that was used for the Permanent Resident application.
I do not understand the logic and the frustration is real. My travel plans to visit my family that I haven't seen in over a year are in jeopardy, my situation doesn't apply for the Emergency Travel Document ( fortunately no one is dying or has died ...) , add to that the fact that my wife and I both have booked the time off, and we made arrangements to have someone housesit for us ...and there goes a couple grand and my sanity .. Hell, I might even have crash at my friend's house because I'd feel awful canceling the house sitting gig..

Anyhoo.. I just thought I'd share my personal situation to make it more relatable, I'm sure most of you folks are going through the same ordeal and are trying not to lose it. Hang in there people!

Peace

Totally get it.

I am going on vacation in two days and my PR card still hasn't arrived. I landed on April 16 and was supposed to get the card by end of May. I booked this trip to celebrate getting my PR. However the frustration from waiting has already half-ruined my mood for the trip.

I called CIC in May, they said card was in production on May 15th. However when I called again at end of May they said my card was not in production yet. Then I saw the processing time extended from 45 days to 52 days then 57 days. I feel something might have happened in production department, could be a machine breakdown, or the whole office went on vacation. But the thing is, they don't care how much negative impact the delays have on people's lives.

They don't allow messages to be sent to production until its past processing time, then they extended processing time so my messages got declined twice. At the end of the day, they are not the ones that suffer from the wait.

I have already prepared the files to apply for PRTD in order not to cancel my vacation. I will bring all the papers and visit the Canadian embassy.

In your case, you can email the Canadian embassy in France and ask about the PRTD. I don't think a return flight is mandatory to apply for PRTD providing your intention to live in Canada in the future. Good luck

Reactions: pavn

simonletourni

Jun 13, 2017
This is all very confusing and frustrating. My specific situation does not allow me to apply for the PRTD so I will either get the card FedExed to me, providing it arrives while I'm away, or fly to the USA on my return trip, rent a car there and cough out the cash to drive back to Canada and drop the rental off in Toronto. Good luck everyone and thanx for sharing your experiences!

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16
Landed 02 -May-17 , have called early may CIC to update my address,
Still PR cards

anuragwankhede

Aug 6, 2016
Landed on 25-April, still waiting for PR card.
I have to move to a new address on 29th June, and my 57 days wait will be over on 21st June.

Does anyone know how many days it will take after 21st June to get PR card in hand.

I will be taking mail forwarding from canada post just to be on safer side

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
Landed on 25-April, still waiting for PR card.
I have to move to a new address on 29th June, and my 57 days wait will be over on 21st June.

Does anyone know how many days it will take after 21st June to get PR card in hand.

I will be taking mail forwarding from canada post just to be on safer side
Honestly, no idea. I got off the phone with an IRCC agent just now, and he said that my PR Card hasn't been mailed yet, even though the person I spoke with last week said that it would be mailed by the end of last week. From what I have seen, it takes them time to update the address and there is no guarantee that they would send out your card in good time. Perhaps give them a call and see what your options are.

NadalBurgers

May 30, 2017
Hello,

I have the same issue. I called CIC and the agent told me that as long as the home address is correct there's no need to worry.

Good luck!
S.
That is what is confusing in my opinion. Now I have my mailing address correct and on the contrary my home address is wrong. So what address are they using to send a card? Home or Mailing?

NadalBurgers

May 30, 2017
Hi everyone. Important information here. Just spoke with an agent on the phone. The waiting period begins from the date when you change your address not from landing date.

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
Thanks for sharing that update. I will call them again now and ask them about my card again...

solanki123

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
hey please reply, i landed on 27th may and m travelling on 2nd aug, will my pr card be available till than. What should i do? how can i faster my pr card process?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
hey please reply, i landed on 27th may and m travelling on 2nd aug, will my pr card be available till than. What should i do? how can i faster my pr card process?
57 days is the current processing times add another week for card shipment, you may receive before 2nd August. No option to faster the process, you can reach out to CIC after 57 days are passed.

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16