+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danielsue said:
Same here. Landed in May and today got the photo request email. My wife and I took the photo by photographer in London Drugs at the same time. She got her PR card last week. I am really not sure what is wrong with my photo.
Are you talking about the photos for Re-submission from london drugs or the ones you initially submitted. Also, since my email doesn't include anything about my wife....does that mean her Photo has no issues or we have to send for both??

danielsue

Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-05-2016
nasha27 said:
Are you talking about the photos for Re-submission from london drugs or the ones you initially submitted. Also, since my email doesn't include anything about my wife....does that mean her Photo has no issues or we have to send for both??
I am talking about the one submitted after I got "ready for visa" email three months ago. I don't think your wife's photo has problem if it does not mention her photo, just like my case.

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Received PR card today in mail
Landed 16 June

Good luck for all who is still waiting

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
is it ok to submit glossy pictures? Read on this forum that many suggested matt paper, however there's nothing written in photo specs about it

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nasha27 said:
Hi All

So I got the PR Card photo Email today, though the specs are same as the one I submitted for CoPR in Jan 2016. The email is addressed to me and doesn't mention about photographs of my wife who also has not received the PR Card? My timeline is below and I would appreciate expert advice on few question:

Landed: 16 April 2016
Photo Request: 04 August 2016 (110 Days / 3.5 months)

1. Should I send the photos for both me and wife?
2. What needs to be submitted in addition to the photograph, since nothing is mentioned in the letter.
3. What options available to post the photos? and can we track them?
4. If anyone is aware of good photography options in Vancouver for PR Card
5. Can I use the photos previously provided if they match the spec?

If you called CIC and ask them these questions … for sure they will answer you to send the pic of yourself only and wait for the other family members.
My advice for your is to send for all of the family members who is not receive their PR cards
And if this action will not help you .. it will also not harm you.
However if they send to you an email after you send all the photos .. and ask you to submit the photo of your family members .. you should do that again.

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engMostafa said:
If you called CIC and ask them these questions ... for sure they will answer you to send the pic of yourself only and wait for the other family members.
My advice for your is to send for all of the family members who is not receive their PR cards
And if this action will not help you .. it will also not harm you.
However if they send to you an email after you send all the photos .. and ask you to submit the photo of your family members .. you should do that again.
Yes, that's what we thought. No harm in sending my spouse pictures together. The email and attached letter I got doesn't mention about any form to be enclosed....just says 'Please return this letter and photos by mail to:...'...i read someone in forum also sent a form ??

Has anyone got email for photos of all the family members together? Most of people I know got Envelops in mail box for photo request....separate for each person... may be they are sending Emails now instead of Mail.

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Perhaps somebody can advise me on the following;

My wife and I were waiting to receive our PR cards and she has received hers today (she was the main Express Entry Applicant). I wondered if these cards tend to come together or seperately? I'm wondering where mine has got to? If anyone has an idea then please share.

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nasha27 said:
Yes, that's what we thought. No harm in sending my spouse pictures together. The email and attached letter I got doesn't mention about any form to be enclosed....just says 'Please return this letter and photos by mail to:...'...i read someone in forum also sent a form ??

Has anyone got email for photos of all the family members together? Most of people I know got Envelops in mail box for photo request....separate for each person... may be they are sending Emails now instead of Mail.
I believe if you call later after couple of days and ask about the status for your wife card .. they will says yes we received a note to send your wife pic.
And the joke is .. the PR print with old photo not the new one.
It seems the photo request is just for reducing the work load by delaying.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikosyozzer said:
Perhaps somebody can advise me on the following;

My wife and I were waiting to receive our PR cards and she has received hers today (she was the main Express Entry Applicant). I wondered if these cards tend to come together or seperately? I'm wondering where mine has got to? If anyone has an idea then please share.
The PR cards tend to be processed separately. You may receive yours later, or may be asked to provide new photos.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody got any experience about the action the call agents could take after a processing time is over?
Does their action/note or whatever it is they do actually help? and how long would the turnaround be after they send the note?

raj23

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
I have a question guys. I got an email asking for new photos but that email does not include my client Id or file number. So my question is do I have to print out that email and send the photos with it and add another paper with writing my client Id on it?? Please guys help me. Thanks

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raj23 said:
I have a question guys. I got an email asking for new photos but that email does not include my client Id or file number. So my question is do I have to print out that email and send the photos with it and add another paper with writing my client Id on it?? Please guys help me. Thanks
Mine had application number that I've never seen (probably attached to PR CARD production)
and UCI.

I'd call CIC or just take photo and include UCI #

TAHA1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
lvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 july 2014
Doc's Request.
17 June 2015
Nomination.....
13 nov. 14
Med's Request
17th June 15
Med's Done....
27th June 15, newborn medical was done on 1st Nov 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22nd March.2016
we r family of 4.Got 2 pr cards today and for 2 members on enquiry came to know that new photos are needed
Landed all on 19th june

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Panic over. My PR card arrived seperately to the immigration attorney's address who we used.

Despite providing CIC of the address to send the cards to at landing they only updated my wife's details. The attorney is sending me my card.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
My card finally came today. Such relief.

Landed March 18
Photo request May 24
Photos received May 27
PR card issue date July 25
PR card received date (Calgary) August 5