+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

MFI_2014

Sep 18, 2014
Hi,

I landed on 14 May on Toronto Airport with my wife and 3.5 years son. My wife and my PR card was delivered on 15 July but i did not get the card for my son.

Is it normal and should i wait for a week or so OR to contact CIC? Can anyboddy let me know how to contact them. I am really worried about my Son's PR card. I did the landing and stay there for 2 weeks, currently i am not in Canada.

Please note that CIC did not ask for the new picture and it was the same pic which was submitted at the time COPR.

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MFI_2014 said:
Hi,

I landed on 14 May on Toronto Airport with my wife and 3.5 years son. My wife and my PR card was delivered on 15 July but i did not get the card for my son.

Is it normal and should i wait for a week or so OR to contact CIC? Can anyboddy let me know how to contact them. I am really worried about my Son's PR card. I did the landing and stay there for 2 weeks, currently i am not in Canada.

Please note that CIC did not ask for the new picture and it was the same pic which was submitted at the time COPR.

Hi ,

We are in the same boat

Same landing date … same airport… the only different is child card received while main applicant and wife cards still pending and no information about these cards or photo request.

Please keep me update .. if you receive any thing and I will do the same.

Swansong

Jul 7, 2016
Aj2323 said:
I have USA visa. I last enter USA in 2014
And I entered canada in April 2016 and waiting for PR card and I have to visit my country in emergency for 15 days so I am thinking to go usa by car on my landing paper and from usa to my country by flight and come back to usa after 15 days by flight and then come back to canada by car on landing paper I have !
So my question is that did usa immigration will stop me to enter usa again after 15 days when I come back to usa ??
And I don't know about residency obligation to re-enter canada!
I can re-enter canada by car on landing paper right ??
You should be ok there- Just tell US immigration that you will go back to Canada and you're a PR. Only issue could be that you'd have to book a return flight from home to US and back since you're on a visit visa and US is your final destination as far as airline knows and cares. You can cancel that later so have it flexible.

Crossing Canadian border on COPR is just fine and normal. In fact, being a ligit Canadian PR, they shouldn't stop you even if you don't have COPR though you'd need any valid Passport for ID in all cases.

MFI_2014

Sep 18, 2014
engMostafa said:
Hi ,

We are in the same boat

Same landing date ... same airport… the only different is child card received while main applicant and wife cards still pending and no information about these cards or photo request.

Please keep me update .. if you receive any thing and I will do the same.
Sure will keep you update as soon as i get the card. But did you call them or raise a query?

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MFI_2014 said:
Sure will keep you update as soon as i get the card. But did you call them or raise a query?
actually the cards is for my sister family.
and yes she called CIC and we raised a query and still no feedback
no one understand the reason behind request the photos again

venkstar

Aug 3, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
Nomination.....
NA
Voong said:
Hello venkstar, i have a question, you submitted your health card application right after you landed or should we waint until we have PR card on hand ?
I applied for the health card after i got an address proof. You just need your COPR and Address proof to apply for the health card. PR card is not required.

i3eyes

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
11-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Jan-2016
AOR Received.
24-Jul-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
15-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
13-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-May-2016
LANDED..........
27-May-2016
I received my PR card last Friday (7/22) :) I landed on 5/27.

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,
my wife and i landed on 29th april 2016.
i just called cic for the status of our pr cards and was told that they were mailed out on 28th june.
they havent been received yet at my friend's address in toronto -- should i be worried about the 4 weeks delivery time to toronto?

thanks in advance.

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just found out that both the cards (my wife and me) have been delivered!
our copr was issued last year in Nov and the photos were as per old specifications but we did not get a photo resubmission request.

thank god, and thanks to all canadavisa members, this part of the journey has been completed!

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Landed on March 18 in Calgary, new photos received on May 27. Still no PR card :(