+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
mishati said:
thanx alot vsoftco , in the airport the officer didnt mention any delay as we didnt have a canadian address although on ecas we had our representative address who is here in canada , i changed it online ( ECAS ) late may/ early june cant really remember , but the agent told me its gonna be delayed because of this update and i should call in august and she didnt even ask any other questions or even give our file a look , im really really worried now and im gonna try to call tomorow hoping that another agent picks my call and gives me clue on what is happening
Keep trying until you get a decent agent. Some time they give inconsistent/incorrect answers. Don't tell them anything about CSE, just tell them that you landed at the beginning of May and you should have received your PR card by now. They will look into your file, as the processing time now is 57 days, and you are above that. Most likely the delay has to do with the Canada Post issues and mishandling of those issues by IRCC.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Eienkei said:
I just received a regular mail from Ontario which was printed on July 6 (probably sent on July 7 or 8), so I can easily say there is no delay or backlog by CP. CIC agents are just stalling us, that's it!
I think it depends on province. I have seen quite a few people on tweeter (cupw page) complain about postcards being stuck in the mail system. So I think Cp is to blame here. Sometimes, CIC can be dodgy, but not when it's just about everybody having issues with Pr cards. This is CP.

whoo1

Apr 9, 2016
I have a quick question.
I landed on April.14. 2016. Im still waiting my PR card.
If I go to USA without PR card next week by tour bus, do I have any plroblem when I come back to Canada?
I called CiC call centre and they said the processing of my PRcard is no problem, just wait.
My parenets visited me.. so, we have a plan to travel in NY by tour bus...... what can I do?? Please help me.

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
whoo1 said:
I have a quick question.
I landed on April.14. 2016. Im still waiting my PR card.
If I go to USA without PR card next week by tour bus, do I have any plroblem when I come back to Canada?
I called CiC call centre and they said the processing of my PRcard is no problem, just wait.
My parenets visited me.. so, we have a plan to travel in NY by tour bus...... what can I do?? Please help me.
you can re-enter Canada on a private vehicle (rented, owned, borrowed or a ride with some in a personal vehicle) - however, you will not be allowed to board any commercial transport by the commercial carrier (air, boat, and probably a bus as well) without your PR card.

permanent_res1

Star Member
May 2, 2015
tracking on ECAS using T*** COPR number and getting below error. Is this expected? :eek: Any body able to see their status or a different message using COPR number?

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided.

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Anybody waiting for their PR card:
Read this under the header "lockout averted"

http://www.cupw.ca/en/parties-are-meeting

Gods Not Dead

Feb 23, 2016
Hair guys
So I called CIC Monday and one representetive told me my card was sent into production the 8th July
Then I called this morning and was told my card shipped out Tuesday ! Hoping this is accurate stuff will keep you guys posted
Looking forward to my vac end of next week so keep God lifted up that he will do for all of us !

Landed :Feb 3rd 2016
Photo request:March 30th 2016
Sent photos :march 31st arrived around the 4th april (not sure)
went into production :July 8th
Card shipped out July 12th
Card recieved: 15 July yaye hope everyone receives theirs good luck

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys
landed may 13th 2016.
called them today .....they said card was mailed out on july 8
fingers crossed

permanent_res1

Star Member
May 2, 2015
permanent_res1 said:
tracking on ECAS using T*** COPR number and getting below error. Is this expected? :eek: Any body able to see their status or a different message using COPR number?

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided.
hi Guys please suggest on above question. I don't want to call CIC for this. Want to check on forum first

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
permanent_res1 said:
hi Guys please suggest on above question. I don't want to call CIC for this. Want to check on forum first
Yes its very normal. To this date I see the message "Decision made" - " We have received your medical". Note that I received my PR Card in March.

Mali_0

Oct 8, 2013
No delivery update today?? Please please update if you get your card.

I just talked to a CP agent. Nothing useful. He was claiming that everything has been normal and if there is no tracking number, no way to track.

financepk

Sep 15, 2007
I think those whose card were mailed in last week of June have been received as I dont see them on the forum anymore. I called today and they said my card was mailed on July 6. Its a town outside Calgary so I am hoping that I will get it either tomorrow or early next week. Fingers crossed.

rjml123

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
Med's Request
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-11-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-04-2016
financepk said:
I think those whose card were mailed in last week of June have been received as I dont see them on the forum anymore. I called today and they said my card was mailed on July 6. Its a town outside Calgary so I am hoping that I will get it either tomorrow or early next week. Fingers crossed.
Hi financepk, my card was mailed out on June 24 according to CIC. Still have not received it as of today..