+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We should stay positive, but we also should take some action (at least report complain to CP).
I don't think it should take so long to arrive and this situation is unusual.
Either CIC hold our card or the CP Receiver forgot our cards in somewhere didn't put in the mail stream.
Since CP didn't clain there's any delay, and our cards have been delayed. We should Let either CIC or CP know the situation.
If we just sit and wait, I can't say the card won't show in our mail box after tomorrow, maybe 2-3 weeks later.
But what's the purpose of them to claim the date of processing time?
When I call CP, the agent told me it could be wait forever to get my card.

StanleyP

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015
Med's Request
10-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2016(PP received on 27-05)
LANDED..........
30-05-2016(Received PR Card on 25-07)
I'm curious of how to check PR card progress? Is telephone call the only option?

mishati

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/9/2014
Nomination.....
28/12/2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
19/3/2015
Med's Request
23/4/2015
Med's Done....
16/6/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
oct 2016
LANDED..........
7th of May
StanleyP said:
I'm curious of how to check PR card progress? Is telephone call the only option?
unfotunately yes , no other way !

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
tempa said:
We should stay positive, but we also should take some action (at least report complain to CP).
I don't think it should take so long to arrive and this situation is unusual.
Either CIC hold our card or the CP Receiver forgot our cards in somewhere didn't put in the mail stream.
Since CP didn't clain there's any delay, and our cards have been delayed. We should Let either CIC or CP know the situation.
If we just sit and wait, I can't say the card won't show in our mail box after tomorrow, maybe 2-3 weeks later.
But what's the purpose of them to claim the date of processing time?
When I call CP, the agent told me it could be wait forever to get my card.
I think CP is lying here,a s I really noticed they've bene slacking off for a while. Regardless, yes, we should all complain to CP and CIC for this. This is not only one card or two, we're talking a huge pile.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Hi,

I have a quick question about address for PR cards and would be grateful if someone can answer. I landed in May in Toronto Pearson airport. I gave the address to the officer on a piece of paper. He told me to wait to complete the formalities and once completed called me to sign both COPR copies and told me the PR card will be sent within 1-2 months on the address I provided him. I didn't see my address written on any of the COPR copies. I have been going through this thread and it seems people have mentioned that IO writes the address on the COPR copy rather than updating it on the system.

Is this correct? Is it an issue if the officer didn't write the address I gave him on the COPR when I signed it?

Also is it possible to call and confirm the address with the call agent for the PR card even though I haven't reached the average processing timeline?

Thank you very much in advance. This is really bothering me and would be good to get some closure on this.

Thank you again for your response.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
immigrantbee said:
I think CP is lying here,a s I really noticed they've bene slacking off for a while. Regardless, yes, we should all complain to CP and CIC for this. This is not only one card or two, we're talking a huge pile.
Hey guys,
I spoke to this Canada Post worker outside my house and he told me that CP has been piling a lot of mail in their respective city warehouses since they were not sure about the strike. However, the good news is that now they are catching up in delivering all those mails and hopefully we will see some progress within next week. Therefore, in light of hoping for the best, I am assuming that our PR Cards are/were probably in the same pile and they will get delivered very soon!!!!

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
hotshot007 said:
Hi,

I have a quick question about address for PR cards and would be grateful if someone can answer. I landed in May in Toronto Pearson airport. I gave the address to the officer on a piece of paper. He told me to wait to complete the formalities and once completed called me to sign both COPR copies and told me the PR card will be sent within 1-2 months on the address I provided him. I didn't see my address written on any of the COPR copies. I have been going through this thread and it seems people have mentioned that IO writes the address on the COPR copy rather than updating it on the system.

Is this correct? Is it an issue if the officer didn't write the address I gave him on the COPR when I signed it?

Also is it possible to call and confirm the address with the call agent for the PR card even though I haven't reached the average processing timeline?

Thank you very much in advance. This is really bothering me and would be good to get some closure on this.

Hi,

In my case, the CIC officer confirmed the address they had on file with me. She didn't write anything or asked me to write down my address. She just confirmed my address with me. And yes, you can call CIC to check on your PR card or check if they have there right address. I posted the instructions on this thread. You can just look it up.

naila14

Mar 24, 2016
hotshot007 said:
Hi,

No big issue, They do not write on the COPR the address. But if you want to be sure I would suggest to call CIC and confirm the address that you wrote. (Be careful , Do not change the address with the agent otherwise you will start another 2 month of waiting time for your PR)

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
edmonton1985 said:
Hey guys,
I spoke to this Canada Post worker outside my house and he told me that CP has been piling a lot of mail in their respective city warehouses since they were not sure about the strike. However, the good news is that now they are catching up in delivering all those mails and hopefully we will see some progress within next week. Therefore, in light of hoping for the best, I am assuming that our PR Cards are/were probably in the same pile and they will get delivered very soon!!!!
I agree with you in that CP has been slacking off and not delivering due to the Labour Dispute. So hopefully, our cards will be delivered soon.

Eienkei

Star Member
May 31, 2014
I just received a regular mail from Ontario which was printed on July 6 (probably sent on July 7 or 8), so I can easily say there is no delay or backlog by CP. CIC agents are just stalling us, that's it!

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
edmonton1985 said:
Hey guys,
I guess it depends per warehouse, since Ottawa/Gatineau didn't seem to have any issues, however since Sydney, NS gets re-directed to Halifax, NS and they process all the mail from the entire province there (I believe), it might be possible.. Let's hope for the best!

mishati

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/9/2014
Nomination.....
28/12/2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
19/3/2015
Med's Request
23/4/2015
Med's Done....
16/6/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
oct 2016
LANDED..........
7th of May
could any one answer my question plz , is it true that if u change ur address online ur waiting time will be another 2 months ?!! i read it before on this forum that some one updated it 3 weeks before he got his cards , so anything to share about this ?!!

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
CP has be slacking off with mails. my sp was sent from ottawa on june 20th still did not receive it and i have been many cases like me here. it is shameful. :(

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
mishati said:
could any one answer my question plz , is it true that if u change ur address online ur waiting time will be another 2 months ?!! i read it before on this forum that some one updated it 3 weeks before he got his cards , so anything to share about this ?!!
I changed my address via a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry), and no, it did not add any extra time. I am still yet to receive the PR card due to Canada Post issues, but I was told it was mailed on Jul. 4 (landed May 4).

mishati

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/9/2014
Nomination.....
28/12/2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
19/3/2015
Med's Request
23/4/2015
Med's Done....
16/6/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
oct 2016
LANDED..........
7th of May
vsoftco said:
I changed my address via a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry), and no, it did not add any extra time. I am still yet to receive the PR card due to Canada Post issues, but I was told it was mailed on Jul. 4 (landed May 4).
thanx alot vsoftco , in the airport the officer didnt mention any delay as we didnt have a canadian address although on ecas we had our representative address who is here in canada , i changed it online ( ECAS ) late may/ early june cant really remember , but the agent told me its gonna be delayed because of this update and i should call in august and she didnt even ask any other questions or even give our file a look , im really really worried now and im gonna try to call tomorow hoping that another agent picks my call and gives me clue on what is happening