Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good News :)

IRCC has resumed using Canada Post mail services

Effective July 11, 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has resumed normal processing and shipping procedures using Canada Post mail services.

We are monitoring the Canada Post situation and will provide new instructions as needed.

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
immigrantbee said:
OMG. You landed in February and still waiting for the card? Geesh CIC!

Hope you get it soon, and so the rest of us that are waiting.
Hopefully we all get our and our families PR cards soon!!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
I check ecase this morning. Says that my husband's PR card was mailed on June 27th....
Not a surprise that we have not seen it yet in the mail, we have only been waiting since November 2, 2015 when he landed.

Fingers crossed it is coming this week... I mean, how long does it actually take Canada Post to deliver. My experience has always been just a few day. Again we are waiting BUT at least they finally issued it!

;D

VonWinter

Jul 9, 2014
Canadianinlove said:
I check ecase this morning. Says that my husband's PR card was mailed on June 27th....
Your ecas page shows that? I had no idea they updated it after the "You've landed at.... on..." line.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
VonWinter said:
Your ecas page shows that? I had no idea they updated it after the "You've landed at.... on..." line.
Ha, I don't even have that line! Mine stopped at Decision Made and medical results have been received.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
engMostafa said:

Effective July 11, 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has resumed normal processing and shipping procedures using Canada Post mail services.

We are monitoring the Canada Post situation and will provide new instructions as needed.

Great news finally! Thanks for sharing! :D

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
engMostafa said:

Wonderful news. Just a question would this mean all mailed out PR cards before July 11 will just start processing on July 11? or would it mean the card was already processed before the July 11 IRCC notice.?

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Skywalker09 said:
Wonderful news. Just a question would this mean all mailed out PR cards before July 11 will just start processing on July 11? or would it mean the card was already processed before the July 11 IRCC notice.?
CIC stopped mailing out cards produced up to July 5th due to CP labour dispute. So this would be for cards produced up to July 11th

Mali_0

Oct 8, 2013
No news on the delivery of the cards today? The cards dispatched in the weeks of June 27th and July4th have not be delivered yet :( Mine was sent out on July 4th to Toronto and still has not arrived.

immigrantbee said:
CIC stopped mailing out cards produced up to July 5th due to CP labour dispute. So this would be for cards produced up to July 11th

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Mali_0 said:
No news on the delivery of the cards today? The cards dispatched in the weeks of June 27th and July4th have not be delivered yet :( Mine was sent out on July 4th to Toronto and still has not arrived.
I have the same story ..mine was sent to Toronto on the 4th too .. But no luck so far

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, that's why I wonder anyone who received their card since July?
Cause as far as I know, I don't see any case which card sent out after June 24.
CIC start sending out cards is good news. However, if your card stuck in the mail stream by Canada Post.
It's still huge problem!! Cause it's untraceable and don't know how long will arrive.
Please file your complain to Canada Post to ensure we have enormous complain tickets to draw their attention.
If you wait over 6 weeks, all you can do is submit Solemn Declaration and wait one more month for CIC to do
the process AGAIN!!

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
tempa said:
CIC start sending out cards is good news. However, if your card stuck in the mail stream by Canada Post.
It's still huge problem!! Cause it's untraceable and don't know how long will arrive.
Please file your complain to Canada Post to ensure we have enormous complain tickets to draw their attention.
If you wait over 6 weeks, all you can do is submit Solemn Declaration and wait one more month for CIC to do
the process AGAIN!!
I think we should file complaints to Cp and also start a petition to CIC to change the way they deliver Cards. Mine was mailed on June 27th and still no card so far.

Mali_0

Oct 8, 2013
Let's be positive. They have been repeatedly saying that the volume of mails has significantly decreased in their system. It might indicate that they did not have enough mail for one ship. That's why our cards have been sitting somewhere in the system. Since there is now movement and the talk between union and Canada post has apparently progressed, we can be hopeful to have them by the end of this week.

tempa said:
the process AGAIN!!

Eienkei

Star Member
May 31, 2014
I have received 3 mails sent from Ottawa (from RBC) in past 2 weeks and they were all received in about a week's time! So I think CIC is not really telling the whole truth, they might have started the process but not actually posted it yet.

Mali_0

Oct 8, 2013
You might be right.

The cards come from Nova Scotia, not Ottawa. There is a post in this channel where someone posted a picture of his PR card letter and the address on the letter is the PR processing centre in Sydney.

Eienkei said:
I have received 3 mails sent from Ottawa (from RBC) in past 2 weeks and they were all received in about a week's time! So I think CIC is not really telling the whole truth, they might have started the process but not actually posted it yet.