+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

SUSANJJ

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Singlemum_chennai said:
I landed on April 8 2016...90 days after still no PR card...
I will call on Monday to find out the status, the webpage (ecas) doesnt have option to put in your 5688 number. Is any one who landed in Toronto around April, still waiting?
Hi

i landed in Toronto on April 15 and still waiting.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
tempa said:
I am here to spread some good news, wish those ppl who are waiting their pr cards will get it soon!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canada-post-drops-lockout-threat/article30847931/
Well.. i just dont know if this is good news or not :'(
Because CIC is waiting on a solid confirmation from Canada Post on NO STRIKE and only then they will mail our PR cards. I dont think this article clearly states that the STRIKE IS OVER. it only says that the lockout period is over BUT JUST FOR A WHILE.

prforme

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
IELTS Request
Ip on 9 Oct 2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Request
Remed req 14_12_2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Passport Req..
DM on 10 Jan 16 n ppr 11 jan 16
Still waiting out for pr card .. Landed in February 2016 photos req in April first week no update yet .. What's going on

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Postal service will not be interrupted while talks continue

OTTAWA – Earlier today, the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, MaryAnn Mihychuk, encouraged both Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers to continue their discussions beyond the lockout notice.

Accordingly the Corporation has withdrawn its 72-hour notice. As a result, there will not be a lockout, which will allow both parties to focus their efforts on serious negotiations.

We are also expecting the union to honour their repeated public statements that they have no plans to issue a strike notice. Assurance from both parties that the postal system will remain open for business while we negotiate will provide the certainty that Canadians and our employees are looking for.

Canada Post is committed to negotiating agreements that are fair to our employees while providing affordable pricing and service to Canadians.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2016/07/10/postal_service_will_&cattype=announcements&cat=newsreleases

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
Well.. i just dont know if this is good news or not :'(
Because CIC is waiting on a solid confirmation from Canada Post on NO STRIKE and only then they will mail our PR cards. I dont think this article clearly states that the STRIKE IS OVER. it only says that the lockout period is over BUT JUST FOR A WHILE.
Hi edmonton1985,

how you know CIC is need a solid confirmation from Canada Post on NO STRIKE ?

hooman_m

Oct 31, 2014
It seems that we are ok for now: "Canada Post drops threat to lock out workers on Monday":
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-post-union-labour-lock-out-mail-1.3672570

I'm just not sure if cic will continue sending pr cards?!

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
prforme said:
Still waiting out for pr card .. Landed in February 2016 photos req in April first week no update yet .. What's going on
Hi prforme!

What's going on is a labour dispute between Canada Post and the Union. That means that CIC decided not to post PR cards as from July 5th till Canada Post and the Union get things sorted out. So basically, unless they sent your PR card before July 5th, CIC won't mail your card, at least for now. Canada Post's delivery has significally slowed down in the last few weeks and quite a few of us haven't received PR cards, even though we've been told they were mailed in June 24-27. So we are all hanging in there and hoping the postal service goes back to normal soon.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
hooman_m said:
It seems that we are ok for now: "Canada Post drops threat to lock out workers on Monday":
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-post-union-labour-lock-out-mail-1.3672570

I'm just not sure if cic will continue sending pr cards?!
Well, I hope I can get mine soon. It was mailed at the end of June. I think CIC might wait a while to see if things settled down before sending our cards again. Canada Post and the union have been playing games, so my guess is that CiC will wait and see.

Eienkei

Star Member
May 31, 2014
What difference does it make for them? It is not like they want to send PR card via courier if Canada Post is on strike! At least if inside posting system, we know it is moving!

rambe

Jun 22, 2016
Hi Friends,
Could you please help with below query:
In ECAS site, do we need to update mailing address?
I see it has mailing address and current home address.

Current home address is updated by immigration officer which is canada address but mailing address is old address which we used to fill the form.
Do we need to update mailing address to Canada address?
Please help me which will avoid the the delay in getting PR Card.

azeemmet

May 19, 2014
rambe said:
Hi Friends,
Could you please help with below query:
In ECAS site, do we need to update mailing address?
I see it has mailing address and current home address.

Current home address is updated by immigration officer which is canada address but mailing address is old address which we used to fill the form.
Do we need to update mailing address to Canada address?
Please help me which will avoid the the delay in getting PR Card.
You don't need to update anything on ECAS and your PR will be sent on your Canadian address.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone called today to see whether their card has been mailed out today? I think that's the only reliable way of finding out if the IRCC has resumed working with Canada Post yet.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Hi guys
My wife called CIC this morning and they told her that her PR CARD was mailed out last week (on Tuesday). The agent told her with confidence that Canada Post has resumed their services and CIC will mail out cards normally.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
Hi guys
My wife called CIC this morning and they told her that her PR CARD was mailed out last week (on Tuesday). The agent told her with confidence that Canada Post has resumed their services and CIC will mail out cards normally.
That's great!