Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
rjml123 said:
Landed on 27th April.... When I called CIC they said the card was shipped out on June 24th (I called multiple times and the CIC agents all gave me the same shipping date)... Surely even regular mail cannot take this long to be delivered?

If it passes 6 week mark from the shipping date, I'm thinking I will fill out the solemn declaration form..

no other choice..good luck to everyone still waiting for their PR cards!
I just phone CIC. My card was shipped June 27. It's taking a bit too long to arrive. Fingers crossed it will arrive soon.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
mel713 said:
Perfect. Now I have a very reasonable ground to be worried!
I just got off the phone with CIC. Agent said PR cards are mailed from Ottowa, not Sydney. Mine was mailed on June 27 and still hasn't arrived in Calgary. i think it's Canada Post being slow.

rjml123

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
Med's Request
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-11-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-04-2016
immigrantbee said:
I just got off the phone with CIC. Agent said PR cards are mailed from Ottowa, not Sydney. Mine was mailed on June 27 and still hasn't arrived in Calgary. i think it's Canada Post being slow.
That's odd... when I phoned they mentioned it was shipped from Sydney, NS... Fingers crossed we get it soon before any potential Canada Post strikes..

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
rjml123 said:
That's odd... when I phoned they mentioned it was shipped from Sydney, NS... Fingers crossed we get it soon before any potential Canada Post strikes..
It makes sense that it comes from Ottawa, as they are the ones that fully process Pr applications and send out COPR. Sydney just screens PR applications before they are sent to Ottawa. So I guess it makes sense that PR cards are sent from Ottawa. The agent said to call again in 2 weeks if I haven't received it. I am also waiting for a refund cheque. The progress of refunding me was started in May but no cheque yet. I think Canada Post is just being slow, very slow. I got my COPR in like 6 days from Ottawa, so this wait is ridiculous.

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There will be no Canada Post lockout or strike for at least next 30 days.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2016/07/08/canada_post_agrees_t&cattype=announcements&cat=newsreleases

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarad1 said:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2016/07/08/canada_post_agrees_t&cattype=announcements&cat=newsreleases
that's great news.

hopefully they will start delivering the PR cards now

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarad1 said:

This is only the case if the union agrees to the terms. Canada Post agreed to the extension only on the condition that a binding arbitration would follow if there was no successful negotiation in the end of the 30 day period. The union has initially declined to submit to arbitration. So we should wait to see what they say now. A little too soon to call it good news.

lvlemon1

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
MySky said:
This is only the case if the union agrees to the terms. Canada Post agreed to the extension only on the condition that a binding arbitration would follow if there was no successful negotiation in the end of the 30 day period. The union has initially declined to submit to arbitration. So we should wait to see what they say now. A little too soon to call it good news.
For me it's good news cause mine mailed out this Monday.

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems less people received card this week which their cards sent out by Jun 24-27.
I've seen over 5 applicants face the same situation.
Usually it take up to 8 business days maximum for national wide regular mail to be delivered.
But now, it's definitely over that.
Since the volume already drop dramatically, why it is still takes so long to deliver mail?

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lvlemon1 said:
For me it's good news cause mine mailed out this Monday.
How would it be good news for you if the union didn't want to accept the conditions set by Canada Post for their agreement to the cool-off period and the lock-out still happened on Monday?

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
edmonton1985 said:
What a mess! All this time wasted for nothing. I wonder if I ll ever receive my wife's PR Card.
I am just really mad at Canada Post right now, especially at the union. Not that I don't feel for the workers, but it's about time they figure things out. There are people out there waiting for permits and other very time sensitive stuff.

We should start a petition for CIC to use alternative posting options, even if that meant we had to pay. I honestly wouldn't mind paying for a courier if that meant peace of mind.

Jul 7, 2016
I have been talking to a supervisor from Canada post regarding this issue.

They said, they only move letters on weekends, they only deliver on weekdays.

The service wont be interrupted but it was slowed down because of the past week of CUPW/Canada post negotiations.

I had unfortunately booked a non-refundable ticket and now am quite horribly stuck where I am going to Italy and have no idea where to go to get a PRTD which I required to return back to Canada. I have a Visitor Visa on my passport as well as the crossed-out PR card stamp + COPR, on an Indian passport. I have talked to aiport border authorities regarding this matter and they said that the Visitor visa in internal invalidated when one becomes a PR but it is on the total discretion of the immigration officer whether to let you proceed or not.

Arrival in Canada as PR: 26 April at Edmonton Airport, officer at airport mentioned 49-60 days to process PR.

CIC on last week of June says PR has been processed and dispatched as of 24th June.

Today is 8th July and have got nothing in Mail nor can this be located.

Hate this scenario where the shitty government can't even send such an important document with tracking. Who do I sue for the loss of time and money (flight tickets) in this scenario?

I have been talking to multiple people regarding any help and there is none. They have no way of locating where it is or how far it has reached in its journey.