Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
For anyone that wonders how to re-submit new photos:

From CIC received through email on my own request (did not need to re-do photos myself):

Permanent Resident card - Photo retake required

If you applied for a Permanent Resident card (PR card) and the Case Processing Centre requires that you provide new photos (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf), you must send them according to the photo specifications with a Supplementary Identification form (IMM 5455) (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5455B.PDF) to the following address:

Regular mail for new PR:

Case Processing Centre - PRC
P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

Regular mail for existing PR (e.g., PR card replacement):

P.O. Box 9000
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6K7

Courier:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Please note that if you do not send the requested information within 180 days from the date of the letter, you will have to submit an Application for a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) and include the payment in order to obtain a PR card.

rambe

Jun 22, 2016
danny87 said:
No, no request for new photos but you can call the call centre and ask the agent to send you the email for new photos that you might get at some point, so you can mail them new pictures proactively with an explanation letter to avoid delays if they need new photos
Thank you so much for your response, could you please tell me do i need to ask call agent to request for new photos and i need to send those?
Else usually how long does call agent takes time to send notification for new photos?

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
has anyone called CIC and checked whether they will use alternative service to mail our PR cards once the Canada Post goes on strike?
I wonder if our PR cards (if mailed out by CIC) will sit with Canada Post till the strike ends.

Eienkei

Star Member
May 31, 2014
edmonton1985 said:
has anyone called CIC and checked whether they will use alternative service to mail our PR cards once the Canada Post goes on strike?
I wonder if our PR cards (if mailed out by CIC) will sit with Canada Post till the strike ends.
I wonder the same thing, I called them a couple of days ago but the agent was really just trying to get off the phone so she did not even look at my file and answered nothing. We have to ask them about alternative shipping methods. If Canada Post goes on lockout, every piece of mail inside their system will remain frozen for indefinite time, they are already talking about delivering checks once a month!!!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes PR card will be delivered only after the Canada post strike is over? There may be a lot of delay in delivery of PR card. They will wait until the strike is over to send the new PR cards.

RinRin

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
17-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-04-2016
Just got off the phone with CIC, my card was still in processing, no note for photo request, was asked to wait until July 18 as there was a three-week delay. When I called two weeks ago they told me to wait until this week, now they asked me to wait for another two weeks. I'm speechless now... :mad:

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
I asked the agent if there will be an alternative method for delivering the PR cards if there is a strike or lockout and she said no, if that happens there will be a delay. This is very irresponsible of the IRCC. They do not seem to have any contingency plan for alternative methods of delivery if there is a mail disruption. Many businesses are considering other shipping alternatives. There are now PR cards picked up by Canada Post which may not be delivered anytime soon, and the IRCC does not seem to care about it. They do not realize that a PR card is as valuable as a passport for someone in need of an urgent travel.

lvlemon1

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
MySky said:
I asked the agent if there will be an alternative method for delivering the PR cards if there is a strike or lockout and she said no, if that happens there will be a delay. This is very irresponsible of the IRCC. They do not seem to have any contingency plan for alternative methods of delivery if there is a mail disruption. Many businesses are considering other shipping alternatives. There are now PR cards picked up by Canada Post which may not be delivered anytime soon, and the IRCC does not seem to care about it. They do not realize that a PR card is as valuable as a passport for someone in need of an urgent travel.
Yeah they don't care... otherewise they won't change the immigration policies that often. You already get the PR why do you car so much about the card I guess that's what they think.

Cabra

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport 08-03-2016
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
RPRF 03-03-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-04-2016 (Received at CIC on April 06th)
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016 (Received passports back on April 22nd)
LANDED..........
25-04-2016
72 days since I landed (April 25th), no card yet :-X

With the Canada Post thing, who knows when we will get them.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
MySky said:
They do not realize that a PR card is as valuable as a passport for someone in need of an urgent travel.
I feel so unprofessional saying to my international clients 'oh I'm sorry I can't come meet you because I don't have my PR card yet'. Between work permits the longest I couldn't travel was a month and that was bad enough. It's been almost 4 months since landing and I feel so stuck.

Then I feel guilty because at least I have PR... it sucks.

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Eienkei said:
Without PR we cant get driving license, no photo healthcard and no travel! That's just great!
You can get health card and drivers license only with COPR. The problem is indeed travelling via public transport, where you may need a travel document in case your country is not visa-exempt. If you travel by personal car (Canada to US and back), then the CoPR is enough.

Eienkei

Star Member
May 31, 2014
vsoftco said:
You can get health card and drivers license only with COPR. The problem is indeed travelling via public transport, where you may need a travel document in case your country is not visa-exempt. If you travel by personal car (Canada to US and back), then the CoPR is enough.
At least in BC you can't, ICBC does not accept COPR they only accept PR Cards, which is absolutely stupid... I don't know about other provinces.

rambe

Jun 22, 2016
danny87 said:
For anyone that wonders how to re-submit new photos:

From CIC received through email on my own request (did not need to re-do photos myself):

Permanent Resident card - Photo retake required

If you applied for a Permanent Resident card (PR card) and the Case Processing Centre requires that you provide new photos, you must send them according to the photo specifications with a Supplementary Identification form (IMM 5455) to the following address:

Regular mail for new PR:

P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

Regular mail for existing PR (e.g., PR card replacement):

P.O. Box 9000
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6K7

Courier:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Please note that if you do not send the requested information within 180 days from the date of the letter, you will have to submit an Application for a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) and include the payment in order to obtain a PR card.
Hi Danny87,
Could you please correct me, i need to call 888 2422 100 and request agent to send photo copy resubmit request so that i can send the photo copies.

Does that help to get it sooner than waiting for actual photo resubmit request?