Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
vinaj said:
For everyone's info:

I have to visit India by this weekend and I haven't received my PR card so I was planning to go there and apply for Travel Document. So on last Saturday I booked my tickets Calgary-London-Mumbai. Then my friend informed me that if I don't have a PR card (or a valid canadian/US visa), airlines won't let me board the flight to London.

Ofc I didnt believe him as I am an Indian citizen and I am going to India. So I went to the airport and inquired and was informed that the above is true. You cannot land in UK (even if you don't want to leave the airport) if you don't have valid Canada or US visa. So I had to cancel my tickets.

This all should apply to people with non visa exempt passports only
You are correct. Flying via Amsterdam doesn't need any additional documentation for Indian citizens. Flying though Germany does require PR card or valid U.S. visa . I confirmed this with embassy last week and it is mentioned in VFS site as well. Yes one cannot travel through London without PR card. It's mentioned in VFS site as well irrespective of what people say here.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
naticom said:
Man, you're lucky. I'm still in queue for another 3 weeks.
Did he/she check your file and told you this? If not, then I hope you get soon too...

Can you access your ECAS with UCI # or Application #?

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Yes, the rep is very nice. He checked my file and told me that my file is waiting to get processed.

vinaj said:
Did he/she check your file and told you this? If not, then I hope you get soon too...

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
naticom said:
Yes, the rep is very nice. He checked my file and told me that my file is waiting to get processed.
Okay check back with them after couple of days.... You landed a day after me so yours should be sent soon....

I will update once I receive them

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
We have a similar thread running over in the PNP forum (yours here has a lot more posts though). I'll copy what I just posted there:

---------------------------------------

Dammit, I got an agent that didn't care. :mad:

It was like getting blood from a stone from her. The first thing she said after she asked my landing date is that there are currently mailing delays and I should get my card sometime around mid December. I had to ask her to take my UCI so that she would actually check my file, which she reluctantly did. She verified all my details (address is correct, etc etc) and then told me that my card application was not yet in process.

I also asked her if the application status would show up on ECAS, and she said the reason it's not there is because processing hasn't started. Then I asked if it will show up once they do start processing - she said yes, but I very much got the impression that she just wanted to get me off the phone.

So in summary, despite the 45 days having passed since I landed, my card is not in process. There are mailing delays which apparently add another 3-4 weeks on to the card delivery time.

I'm going to wait until the online estimate updates again, which I can only assume will increase. Then when I pass that date again, I will call again.

Good luck to everyone else with this too! Please call up and see if you can get any other information from them! We need to pool our resources and crack through CIC's secrecy! 8)

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
vinaj said:

What difference does it make if one cannot access his ecas,?I cannot see my ecas. What status your ecas shows? Complete or in process?

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
takhan said:
What difference does it make if one cannot access his ecas,?I cannot see my ecas. What status your ecas shows? Complete or in process?
am not sure what difference that makes... But i can access it and some people including you can't access it... maybe there is a reason behind that...

Mine shows complete and a sixth line has been added that "you landed at calgary int airport on sept 29th". this was updated on Nov 1st

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
moksheeth7397 said:
Wow.. Awesome.. Thanks for informing this.. Your wife's photos reached CIC on OCT 15th rite.. Mine was on Oct23th. I will wait for 7 more days & call CIC.
Received PR Card for my wife today in mail!!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
etikala said:
Then tell me sir what u want me to do Plz as I have to go my home next month it's beyond there processing days 45
45 days is just an estimate and doesn't include shipping and production time. If you need to travel - do it by all means. Just apply for Travel Document at local Visa Office (50CAD). I hope you get your PRC before your departure though.

gcssp

Feb 5, 2015
Relieved :D
Received PR card on November 13th. Shipped on November 10th. Landed on June 27th 2015 (got delayed due Photo retake!!)