+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Cuspidor

Sep 22, 2015
I landed on 27 May 2015 at the BC border. On Tuesday (13th October) I received a letter saying that my photos had been rejected and needed to be resent. That's nearly five months of waiting...

I'm noticing a pattern here on this forum with a lot people who landed from late May to early June receiving this letter claiming their photos were rejected. What makes it even stranger is that it takes so long for CIC to send out the letter. Is it just me or did CIC perhaps mess up in some way with the May/June batch and are now trying to cover it up with this rejected photo stuff?

micki

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cuspidor said:
I landed on 27 May 2015 at the BC border. On Tuesday (13th October) I received a letter saying that my photos had been rejected and needed to be resent. That's nearly five months of waiting...

I'm noticing a pattern here on this forum with a lot people who landed from late May to early June receiving this letter claiming their photos were rejected. What makes it even stranger is that it takes so long for CIC to send out the letter. Is it just me or did CIC perhaps mess up in some way with the May/June batch and are now trying to cover it up with this rejected photo stuff?
Maybe.. I've read of a post somewhere saying that the person received a photo retake letter and 2 weeks later received his pr card with the old pictures. CIC works in mysterious ways :)

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
I did my landing on 22 Aug. on Rainbow bridge and I asked to immigration agent, he told me that they send my PR cards on Oct.8 2015 but I didn’t get yet in mail box.
But He is not sure for which office my cards are issued.
Please tell me your card come from where? Means which address?
Which type of mail service they use? Like normal or express post or courier
Please and I appreciate your response.

Please give me suggestions

Giftsmas

Sep 14, 2014
Casablanca
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat Morocco
NOC Code......
NOC 0121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/09/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09.04.2015, TLU and DM on May 27th 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully buy a flight ticket soon!
PR card processing time changed to 42 days on October 10th. 2015

sam78000

Jan 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Other
Hello Guys,

i should already have my PR card, i did my landing on August 8th 2015 at Rainbow bridge (Niagara Falls) i called CIC today and they did not started to look in my case yet :eek: .
the CIC employee told me that she will send an email right away to look into it.
At least, i still can work !!! i wish to get my PR card soon

texviana

Oct 16, 2015
"You entered Canada at the Lester B Pearson International Airport, Terminal No. 3 office on May 6, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident."

I changed my address on the middle of July.
I enter there 2 weeks ago and the address was changed, so I assume that they saw the application.

It's complete, but where is my PR Card?
:(

moksheeth7397

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Guys -

I have landed on Aug-26. we recieved PR cards of my Family. But mine was missing. So i waited for one week & i called CIC care.

CIC care generated the letter & asked me to send photo graphs.

I didn't understand why they didn't do untill i ask. I am hearing the similar cases, but PR cards still received with old photographs.

Is it CIC just buying time or they really need photographs. Anyway i am going to send new photographs. But i am furious to know about these cases? Can anyone comment on this?

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
i'm on the same boat, may 29th at YVR. i think they messed up with some May/June cases. which is very obvious now.

Cuspidor said:

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
you got your card yet?

micki said:
Maybe.. I've read of a post somewhere saying that the person received a photo retake letter and 2 weeks later received his pr card with the old pictures. CIC works in mysterious ways :)

meenu0890

Sep 15, 2015
issteven said:
you got your card yet?
That person was me lol. I am out of town and they sent a letter asking me to come in person. I told them give me some time to apply for the travel document because I just left the country. Instead of doing that they decided to use my old pictures and send the card lol.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
ok, i will mimic you if they ask to to do that

meenu0890 said:
That person was me lol. I am out of town and they sent a letter asking me to come in person. I told them give me some time to apply for the travel document because I just left the country. Instead of doing that they decided to use my old pictures and send the card lol.

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
moksheeth7397 said:
Guys -

I have landed on Aug-26. we recieved PR cards of my Family. But mine was missing. So i waited for one week & i called CIC care.

CIC care generated the letter & asked me to send photo graphs.

I didn't understand why they didn't do untill i ask. I am hearing the similar cases, but PR cards still received with old photographs.

Is it CIC just buying time or they really need photographs. Anyway i am going to send new photographs. But i am furious to know about these cases? Can anyone comment on this?
Very True. My wife Landed on June 03 at Calgary Airport. She was also asked to re-submit her pictures with the COPR copy they sent along.
Photos sent and received at Sydney yesterday.
Did you send your photos? keep updating me.

moksheeth7397

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
RguhsDUDE said:
Very True. My wife Landed on June 03 at Calgary Airport. She was also asked to re-submit her pictures with the COPR copy they sent along.
Photos sent and received at Sydney yesterday.
Did you send your photos? keep updating me.
I am sending on Monday.. I will keep you posted and updated me the status if you hear anything in between.

tanvirabid78

Nov 30, 2014
Can you please tell the specifications for sending the new photos. Does it have to be stamped with the address of the studio. Is it ok if the photos are taken outside canada?

moksheeth7397

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
tanvirabid78 said:
Can you please tell the specifications for sending the new photos. Does it have to be stamped with the address of the studio. Is it ok if the photos are taken outside canada?
Please check the below link :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#photo