Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
24-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Just a heads up in case someone is in a similar situation: I am the main applicant and requested a change of address to CIC when we got an apartment in Canada (original address we gave at landing was a friends'). My PR card arrived to our apartment, but my husband's did not. Days passed and we were about to call CIC to ask about my husband's PR card when the friend that gave us his address when landing called and said my husband's card arrived there.

So, even if you update your address, CIC might not update for all family members. Please take extra care to make sure all your family's info has been updated.

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
RoadtoCanada said:
Congratulations brunofuster! That was quick!! When was your ECAS updated?
between last Friday and Sunday

Landed on Douglas/Peace Arch/Vancouver

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meenu0890 said:
Today my aunt got a letter from CIC (gave her mailing address as I am out of town) saying that my pictures are incorrect and I need to retake them and come in person to the Toronto Office on October 8th. I am currently out of Canada and obviously I can't get there on October 8th because I will have to first apply for the travel Document (takes around 2-3weeks).

I have the following questions:

1. Is it possible to mail everything even though they asked to come in person?
2. Is it possible to get the appointment changed?
3. Will they give the PR card right away if I go there in person?

Please please please I really need help!!!!

Thanks.

I think the best option is to write a letter to CIC given address and request to extend your visit in person. You can mention that you had a serious family situation and you had to leave Canada. Also you can apply for a travel documents in the mean time. Just keep in mind you left Canada without receive your PR card and it may case some problem in future when you will apply for a citizenship. As soon as you comeback to Canada and receive your PR it should be fine. You always have to highlight that you had to leave Canada for an emergency reason. I hope it helps. Thank you.

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
8) 8) 8) 8)
my ecas updated today:
You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on August 22, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.

bluegirl08

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
20-10-2017
Med's Request
04-10-2017
PP62 said:
8) 8) 8) 8)
my ecas updated today:
You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on August 22, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.
i got the same ecas update today. i landed last Aug 19. :) ;) :D

i hope we could get our pr cards by this month as they say in the current processing times is 56 days.
any august landed applicants got pr cards already?

bluegirl08

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
20-10-2017
Med's Request
04-10-2017
brunofuster said:
landed on aug 7th, pr card sent

We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 18, 2015.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on September 18, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 25, 2015.
how to get this update in ecas about the pr card application?? my last update is
8.You entered canada on (date) and became permanent resident.

hseamrit

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-June-2014
AOR Received.
2nd October 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7th November 2014
Med's Request
7th November 2014
Med's Done....
19th November 2014
Interview........
vawied
Passport Req..
16th February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2015
LANDED..........
12th August 2015
Hi,
I'm also in the same boat. My ECAS got updated that I landed on 12th Aug-15 and became permanent resident. Also status showed "complete".
So, what is the next step and how much more time left for my PR delivery?
Does thi smeans that the CIC opened my application and about to process/print and dispatch?

Kindly advice.

bluegirl08 said:
how to get this update in ecas about the pr card application?? my last update is
8.You entered canada on (date) and became permanent resident.

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Mine got updated too with same yesterday, landed on august 6.

It may means that CIC have completed processing whole file and approved the card(with no photo discrepancies), and card is being sent to printing facility.
Hopefully we get the cards in next 2-3 weeks :)

LAMBHER456

Aug 14, 2015
I LOST PASSPORT OUTSIDE CANADA. I BECOME PR CANADA 4 MONTH AGO.NOW I AM OUT OF CANADA IF I APPLY NEW PASSPORT CAN I ENTER CANADA. PLZ SUGGESTION

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
LAMBHER456 said:
I LOST PASSPORT OUTSIDE CANADA. I BECOME PR CANADA 4 MONTH AGO.NOW I AM OUT OF CANADA IF I APPLY NEW PASSPORT CAN I ENTER CANADA. PLZ SUGGESTION
DO you have a PR card? If yes, then there are no worries. Just get your new passport and arrive safely to Canada with your PR card. The Border Officer will see that this is a new passport.

If you don't have a PR card, then it will be a longer process. Once you get your passport, you have to apply for a Travel Document to proof your PR. Once you have it , you are good to go. Good Luck!

meenu0890

Sep 15, 2015
thomasuk said:
I think the best option is to write a letter to CIC given address and request to extend your visit in person. You can mention that you had a serious family situation and you had to leave Canada. Also you can apply for a travel documents in the mean time. Just keep in mind you left Canada without receive your PR card and it may case some problem in future when you will apply for a citizenship. As soon as you comeback to Canada and receive your PR it should be fine. You always have to highlight that you had to leave Canada for an emergency reason. I hope it helps. Thank you.
Thanks thomasuk. When I am applying for the travel document, what would you suggest I should say? If I tell them I am visiting family for a year and then I will come back to Canada and look for another job, do you think that would cause problems? For now I just need the travel document to enter Canada and get my PR card.

Thanks!

asinght

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
01-10-2014
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
September 2015
Did landing at Toronto airport last week. ecas has updated to completed. we gave Canadian address during lamding process itself.

queries :

1. We did not provide any extra photos during landing, they only have photo which was stuck on COPR. will they just scan from copr letter and use that for printing on pr card?

2. will ecas reflect the canadian address anytime? it shows only one address column, and that is Indian address.

3. Do i need to update address myself somewhere too?

4. Will eCas show PR card processing details, or does that happen only for some people?

I went through a few pages of this thread, it only led to more questions, no answers, hence these queries. Thanks in advance!

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meenu0890 said:
Thanks thomasuk. When I am applying for the travel document, what would you suggest I should say? If I tell them I am visiting family for a year and then I will come back to Canada and look for another job, do you think that would cause problems? For now I just need the travel document to enter Canada and get my PR card.

Thanks!
I do not know, how will you manage your travel document? All I can suggest you to travel to Canada as soon as you can. To find a job or looking for an opportunities are baseless. You just need to travel to Canada to get your PR card and it would be a wise decision for this situation.

vcecpr2014

May 30, 2014
I got a letter (not email) from Toronto CIC office indicating that my photo needs to be resubmitted for PR card. It needs to be submitted in person to the office along with imm5455, COPR and Passport.. In the letter they have given a date to visit the office as well..
Is it a normal request to submit COPR and passport as well?
Anyone experiencing similar situation.?

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015