Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
catchme288 said:
Hi Rizwan,

Do you know HOW I CAN REQUEST TO CHANGE VISA OFFICE FOR MY WIFE to NEW DELHI.
WHAT FORMAT OR NEED TO WRITE TO CHANGE IT,PLEASE ADVISE ME ON THIS.

THANKS

Just write a reply to your VO who is sending you emails during immigration process, write to him your concern and that's it. I believe by this you mean that you are still in immigration process and you have yet not got your visas.

reneaa

Aug 24, 2015
cupcakes said:
Sorry to hear this...we are in the same boat. It's just been a very frustrating experience throughout. Can I ask...how was the process to cross the border via land with your CoPR, as you didn't have your PR card? I will be in this situation soon, and I am very worried about having to land in Buffalo late at night after a long international flight, rent a car, drive across the border to Toronto airport, drop the car off, and then take a taxi home.
It was fairly painless. My buddy rented a car, picked me up from the airport, and I showed the passport with the COPR and no other supporting documents and they waived us through. Having said that though, it was stressful approaching the day, because of some level of uncertainty that always exists with this kind of stuff. It was seamless though, so I hope that's comforting, just hugely inconvenient.

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
anyone got their pr cards who landed after May 20? ???

waitingforfsw

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
reneaa said:
It was fairly painless. My buddy rented a car, picked me up from the airport, and I showed the passport with the COPR and no other supporting documents and they waived us through. Having said that though, it was stressful approaching the day, because of some level of uncertainty that always exists with this kind of stuff. It was seamless though, so I hope that's comforting, just hugely inconvenient.
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to add my recent experiences (two times) on this topic.I am in US currently waiting for PR.I had to go to Canada two times with passport and COPR to attend interviews , etc.Both time i crossed by rental car and it was very smooth.They just checked my Indian passport and they got my information in the system.They didn't even look at the COPR. Having said that , there is always a level of anxiety associated with this process.Like can i rent two way rental car with US number plates, or should i rent only 1 way rental car with US or CA number plates , etc.

On both occasions i ended up renting One Way from US to CA with CA licence plate.I don't know whether this made the process smooth for me or not but i sure felt more comfortable with one way rental.

itz_nsn

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Med's Request
21-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
16-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-05-2015
reneaa said:
I just wanted to vent my frustration and this forum seemed to be the only place that would allow me to do so. I landed as a PR on April 13th, after which the normal PR processing time kept rising (with no accountability as you all know), until the card was finally mailed to me on July 8th (allegedly). Unfortunately, I had to leave the country, and had to cancel my flight back to Toronto to rearrange to land at Buffalo and cross via land. Not everyone has the financial means to do so, and the process is insensitive to that fact. Further, the PR Card itself never arrived. Waiting 6 pointless weeks from July 8th to August 19th, I finally submitted the Solemn Declaration. In lieu of all their mistakes, I reached out to the CIC to confirm receipt of the Solemn Declaration, and they responded with a resounding "sir we don't check that information". According to the agent, I will only be able to know if they received it, if I do not receive it in "two to three more months". As has probably been the case for many of you, this is affecting my ability to effectively perform at work, as I am usually required to travel extensively. Approximately 8 months without the ability to enter Canada by air is unacceptable, on the back of thousands of dollars for the immigration process. Registered mail should be a priority for outgoing PR cards, even at extra cost to applicants. Nobody I know would refuse to pay that fee. Furthermore, the lackluster attitude of the call center employees, one who even laughed at me when saying there is nothing I could do for the next two months to verify the status of the Solemn Declaration, is unacceptable. Sooner or later, someone in an actionable position will expose this highly dehumanizing and inept process, and they will have to be forced into reform. It feels entirely powerless at the moment.
i am in a very similar situation as you - canada post has lost my PR card - it was mailed to me on Aug 11 according to CIC but its been 10 business days already and no sign of the card
i called CIC and the call center agent was very rude - did not even listen what i had to say
through the entire conversation all she said was she cannot help me and i have to wait for 6 weeks for any response
i asked her why does CIC not send post with registered mail and the answer was "you shoe complain to the Immigration Minister about it" - which i am going to do
here is his details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/minister/alexander.asp and i am going to write a long email about this
i know 1 email from me is not going to change things around - i am not sure they will even read it - but i will write it anyway

There are only 3 ways now
1. hope that canada post reroutes the post correctly ( i am going to call canada post and see if they can check - i know that the answer will be no as it does not have any tracking )
2. wait for 6 weeks and hopefully the mail goes back to CIC and they resend it
3. apply for a new card again and wait for 3 months

i have my US visitor visa date coming and dont have the the PR card even after 3 months - will the COPR be enough to get the visa ?

its been a very sick experience dealing with the CIC - i feel like i am in an under developed country

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
rizwan150 said:
Just write a reply to your VO who is sending you emails during immigration process, write to him your concern and that's it. I believe by this you mean that you are still in immigration process and you have yet not got your visas.
thank you
I have mail my passport on 24 august for stamping and send email to change my wife visa office in new Delhi.

GinCan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hi Friends,

I landed on April 25th and still did not get my PR card.

On Aug 14, i called call centre and agent told me that photo retake is required and they asked me to send new pictures with supplementary form. I sent the new pictures same day along with supplementary identification form.

On Aug 21, i got the physical mail from CIC, a letter stating they need my pictures. They also sent a copy of COPR in mail and asked me to return the COPR copy along with pictures.

I never sent the COPR copy because it came very late in my mailbox, moreover call centre agent never advised to send that.

So do i send them pictures along with COPR copy again? Or it is ok as i already sent the supplement identification form?

Please advise.

-GinCan

waitingforfsw

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
reneaa said:
Hi Reneaa,
Did you also rent one way from US to Canada and was the car licensed in US or CA?

reneaa

Aug 24, 2015
waitingforfsw said:
Hi Reneaa,
Did you also rent one way from US to Canada and was the car licensed in US or CA?
Hi, my friend rented the car in Canada, crossed the border to get me at the buffalo airport, and we returned together.

jigarshi

May 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

I landed on 23rd May at Toronto Pearson Airport. I called CIC today and they told me my card was mailed on 24th August, 2015.
So anyone landed before 23rd May, your card was mailed out within same time frame. Not sure how long it will take to get delivered via snail mail.

wg1960

Mar 27, 2014
Hi Folks

Just to update!

I landed on May 16th 2015, I have not received my PR card yet so called CIC

Agent said, card has not been issued yet and its all about workload so ideally wait till first week of October.

Wish CIC have some other portal of issuing PR cards

Good Luck!

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
jigarshi said:
Hi Guys,

I landed on 23rd May at Toronto Pearson Airport. I called CIC today and they told me my card was mailed on 24th August, 2015.
So anyone landed before 23rd May, your card was mailed out within same time frame. Not sure how long it will take to get delivered via snail mail.
I landed on 21 May at Montreal Trudeau. I called CIC yesterday and they said my card was sent for printing on 12 August 2015. No news after that. Its a freaking plastic card, not a space mission for which you need 4 months to prepare. Dont know whats going on with those guys.

jigarshi

May 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

I received my card today. Apparently card was printed on 20th August, 2015. I landed on 23rd May 2015.

Best of luck to all who are waiting for their card, hopefully you guys will get your card soon.

Wishes..