+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Dear Guys,
it's time for me to leave this forum and all the forums...
Journey is over.. got the card yesterday.. (did landing April 26)

Card expires July 2020.. Finally pace..

Good luck everyone.....

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello Dip,

how come you forgot your friend, why? am glad everything worked out for you. i tried to send you PM severally it never went through. Holla @ your boy dude. peace . congrats on the card arrival

Diplomatru said:
Ok, so my card arrived to my neighbour's and he was kind to drop by and hand it over to me just now. Someone made a typo in my apartment number 810 (making it 801 instead) although I had the correct address on eCAS. I discovered it when a call centre agent was confirming the address during a routine application status check and I urged him to modify it accordingly (Jul 16). I called on Jul 20 and an agent said that they had the correct address since Jul 16 and that the card was in production. Despite all that the card still emerged at 801.

So, unless you are actually lucky to have eCas tracking, the process of receiving the card is really dumb and you have zero control over it even if an administrative mistake took place.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
Can anyone please give me the number of CIC? I want to clarify whether they do urgent processing of PR card if anyone can show Itinerary and have return ticket. CIC website says it is possible but someone told me they don't do it anymore, so i just want to be over sure by talking to them personally.

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
takhan said:
Can anyone please give me the number of CIC? I want to clarify whether they do urgent processing of PR card if anyone can show Itinerary and have return ticket. CIC website says it is possible but someone told me they don't do it anymore, so i just want to be over sure by talking to them personally.
Already asked this question. An agent told me that they don't do urgent processing for the first card and I need to apply for travel document in Canadian Consulate once I arrive to my destination.
If you wish, you can try call and try yourself - 1.888.242.2100

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
ip000073 said:
Already asked this question. An agent told me that they don't do urgent processing for the first card and I need to apply for travel document in Canadian Consulate once I arrive to my destination.
If you wish, you can try call and try yourself - 1.888.242.2100
Thanks a lot brother for the information.

Umer_Ali

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
takhan said:
Thanks a lot brother for the information.

I had even send them my and spouse confirm tickets that i bought couple of months before PPR but they explicitly replied they cant do urgent processing.... :(

moracas

Jul 20, 2015
Hey folks,

I called CIC today and they said my card was shipped yesterday ;D I landed May 2nd in Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, QC. May week1 applicants should receive their cards by next week.

Good luck to you all !!!

zhyc1989

Jul 31, 2015
Hi guys
I have been keep my eyes on this post for so long, today I just register in order to post this.
I landed on April 30, and I got my card today!

CROM

Jul 4, 2015
moracas said:
Hey folks,

I called CIC today and they said my card was shipped yesterday ;D I landed May 2nd in Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, QC. May week1 applicants should receive their cards by next week.

Good luck to you all !!!
Thanks for the update. Please keep us informed when you collect your card. We landed also in Quebec on the 17th of May.

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
I have landed on 19th June and at Toronto Airport . The officer told me that PR will be sent within 4-6 weeks. So, I would like to ask if the processing time vary from airport to airport and from address to address. I am staying in mississauga

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
When I called CIC on 27th July . Agent informed me card in sent for printing on 27th July (in production).

Anyone have idea how much time printing takes once PR card send to Production

Thanks

GinCan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hi,

I landed on April 25th and updated my Canadian Mailing address online on June 30th. I provided the same Canadian address while landing and it was very much showing in ECAS as "Home Address" before June 30th too.

Now CIC agents are saying that they did not have my Canadian address before June 30th at all and the 87 days processing times would apply from June 30th.

I called them multiple times and several agents confirmed the same after going into my file.

I have been delaying my business trips because of PR card and now i don't see it coming before October :( . All because the landing officer did a mistake by updating the Home address to Canadian address while Mailing address remained same as my "Indian address"

-GinCan

jcsi

Nov 4, 2014
GinCan said:
Hi,

I landed on April 25th and updated my Canadian Mailing address online on June 30th. I provided the same Canadian address while landing and it was very much showing in ECAS as "Home Address" before June 30th too.

Now CIC agents are saying that they did not have my Canadian address before June 30th at all and the 87 days processing times would apply from June 30th.

I called them multiple times and several agents confirmed the same after going into my file.

I have been delaying my business trips because of PR card and now i don't see it coming before October :( . All because the landing officer did a mistake by updating the Home address to Canadian address while Mailing address remained same as my "Indian address"

-GinCan
Just out of curiosity.... Today I verified with CIC. I questioned the agent in regards of having home address set to a Canadian Address and Mailing Address set to my home country, her reply was that it was irrelevant as what only matters is to have a Canadian address on file.... Then she goes "when did you land again", I replied Jun28th, and she goes "oh the inmigration officer, seems not to have completed the process correctly", she had all my data, even on which flight I landed but the info had not been sent to the "PR processing center"... And then I made the obvious question: "So this means I have lost around 35 days worth of processing time?" And the unwanted answer, "Yes". I explained to her that I have a trip to new york (end of October) and if some urgent processing was possible due to the fact that it was their mistake, her answer "I know, but we do not do urgent processing on first time cards", she tried to pitch for me to request a travel document, I explained to her that I was planning to spend two days abroad, so I dont think New york office will process the document in such short time (everything is usually wait and more wait when it comes to Canada).

BOTTOMLINE: To whoever is landing, make a call to CIC one week after landing and make sure everything is in order, they seem not to have their act together more often than not.

GinCan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
CIC really needs to be sensitive on this matter considering their long wait time and applicants have their plans too.

It's really unfortunate to do landing formalities with an incompetent officer. Result - No PR card for 5-6 months.

-GinCan

latanaiduV

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
Med's Request
9-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
23-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
18-May-2015
namwbysbd said:
I have landed on 19th June and at Toronto Airport . The officer told me that PR will be sent within 4-6 weeks. So, I would like to ask if the processing time vary from airport to airport and from address to address. I am staying in mississauga
I landed on 18th May at toronto airport and I was told the same 4-6 weeks, still waiting for my card... I guess it doesn't depend on where we land.