+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
ip000073 said:
As per some Canadian Immigration Lawyers, it should not be a problem to get through Canadian Border Agents without PR card if you are from visa-exempt country, able to board commercial vehicle, and have no problems with residency obligations.

http://immigrationcanada.pro/immigrate/traveling-without-a-permanent-residence-card/
canadianimmigrant.ca/settling-in-canada/pr-card-myths-2
https://www.justlanded.com/english/Canada/Articles/Visas-Permits/Permanent-resident-cards
What if my immigration visa was not crossed or stamped, and is still valid until the end of Nov.? I am from China, landed in April 11. But unreliable Canada Post lost my PR Card. I believe I will not receive it before my travel to China.
Do you think I can use it to leave China and board airplane without PR card? I think entering Canada won't be an issue for either visa-exempt countries or visa required countries.

nranjan412

Nov 28, 2014
Hi All,

I did my flag poling and landed on July 1st 2015. I was told by the Immigration officer to wait for 4 to 6 weeks for P R Card.

I am not seeing any update on ECas only status as Complete which says about my my landing and becoming PR on so and so date. Nothing about PR Card.
Please suggest if there anything we can do or just sit and wait.

Feeling :( :( :(

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
nranjan412 said:
Hi All,

I did my flag poling and landed on July 1st 2015. I was told by the Immigration officer to wait for 4 to 6 weeks for P R Card.

I am not seeing any update on ECas only status as Complete which says about my my landing and becoming PR on so and so date. Nothing about PR Card.
Please suggest if there anything we can do or just sit and wait.

Feeling :( :( :(
It is possible that you will not see any status update on ecas at all. Just resently we received our cards but I don't have any update on ecas about PR cards.
Current pr card processing time is 87 days. In my case it took 93 days to arrive.
So just sit and wait.

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dear Seniors,

I changed my address online for receiving of PR cards, now the address has been updated but only "my new Canadian home address" is updated while the mailing address is empty ( I gave the same address in Canadian home address and mailing address) does it make any difference

Regards,

Captain

Rastafarian

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER-29-08-2014
IELTS Request
sent along wid application
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
25-10-2014
LANDED..........
Dear friends congrats to all for Canadian PR journey so far.
I landed in canada on may 25 & my cse changed to complete in june 1week..today cse added..my current home address one that I had given in airport while landing...But there is a confusion....
In update one address reads current home address as my canadian address and another address reads my current mailing address is my home country address.now I had returned to my home country for urgent work..my concern is which address they will send PR cards? Or shall I need to change my current mailing address to my Canadian address if yes how can I do that? Please suggest.

Rastafarian

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER-29-08-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
25-10-2014
LANDED..........
ashikn said:
Dear All,

Allhamdulilla, today I have received my PR cards (mine & my wife) at 1pm canadian time. Though I am outside of Canada, but my cousin received it.

For your kind info, I have landed 25th of April, so after 92 days I have received my cards. I hope those who have landed on week 4 of April, will get their PR cards by a day or two.

Thanks all for your updates, and wish you good luck.
Dear Ashkin..Congrats on your PR cards...I need your suggestion..I did landing on may25 & returned my home country after 3 weeks due to commitments..now my friend will receive my pR Cards as i had given his address where i used to stay...my question is can he post PR cards accross to my home country? Is there any problem...& one more thing,my current mailing address in ECAS shows my home country address where as my current home address shows my Canadian address so which address is used to send PR cards?does I need to update address here? Please try to suggest.
Regards.

ramcanada

Sep 15, 2013
Captain_Prince said:
Dear Seniors,

I changed my address online for receiving of PR cards, now the address has been updated but only "my new Canadian home address" is updated while the mailing address is empty ( I gave the same address in Canadian home address and mailing address) does it make any difference

Regards,

Captain
Hi

When did you land and when did you change the address? I too had similar problem and changed the address, however it is not reflecting in the ecas

Thanks

GinCan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Friends,

I landed on April 25th and still not received my PR card.

I called in CIC again today to check the status of my card and the agent told me that it's still in Production centre and it's not finalized yet. It was in Production centre last week too. When i asked about the reason for delay, they told me that we have your Canadian address only since June 30th.

I provided my Canadian address at landing time and provided the same address online on June 30th since ECAS was showing the home address (Canadian) and mailing address as "Old address" (Indian).

Does that essentially mean that it will take 87 days starting June 30th to get my card?

Sigh,
GinCan

sk13

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
13-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
: 12-01-2015, <br>Passports Sent: 15-Jan-2015, <br>Passport Recved: 16-Jan-2015<br>Shipping: Xpresspost USA
VISA ISSUED...
Tracker Activated: 03-Feb-2015, <br>Passports got Back: 06-Feb-2015
Rastafarian said:
Dear Ashkin..Congrats on your PR cards...I need your suggestion..I did landing on may25 & returned my home country after 3 weeks due to commitments..now my friend will receive my pR Cards as i had given his address where i used to stay...my question is can he post PR cards accross to my home country? Is there any problem...& one more thing,my current mailing address in ECAS shows my home country address where as my current home address shows my Canadian address so which address is used to send PR cards?does I need to update address here? Please try to suggest.
Regards.
I did exactly the same. Returned back to home country after 4 days. ECAS showed both Canadian and Home country addresses. The PR card was sent to Canadian address (my friend address). He sent those to me via DHL (International post) without any issues. Hope it helps. Good luck!

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
ssg_86 said:
hi may i know did your wife just use corp and passport to reenter Canada by road without passport? Is she from extempt visa country? Is there any hassles to use passport from non extemp visa country to return to canada by road with just corp and passport? Thank you
COPR with passport works just fine if you are re-entering Canada by road (in a private, rented vehicle). Bus is considered as a commercial vehicle and you need PR card to cross.So you can probably rent a car or ask a friend to pick you up.

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
ramcanada said:
Hi

When did you land and when did you change the address? I too had similar problem and changed the address, however it is not reflecting in the ecas

Thanks
landed on 10th July and changed address in next couple of days it was updated in 10 days

Rastafarian

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER-29-08-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
25-10-2014
LANDED..........
sk13 said:
I did exactly the same. Returned back to home country after 4 days. ECAS showed both Canadian and Home country addresses. The PR card was sent to Canadian address (my friend address). He sent those to me via DHL (International post) without any issues. Hope it helps. Good luck!
Thanks alot Sk for your prompt Reply,,hope fully canadian border authority ppl wont aske much questions about how we got our PR cards being away from canada(assuming that CIC wont consider it unofficial/illegal sending PR cards to outside canada) and my current address shows my home country address where as my home address is shown canadian address does i need to update my address here to canadian or pr cards are sent to home address

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
sk13 said:
@SK, I updated both the Canadian home address and mailing address with the same address now after the updation I can see only Canadian Home Address while the mailing address is empty do I need to update it again or they have updated only one as both are the same will they send PR cards to the home address. Thanks