+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

loklokbebe

Dec 2, 2014
nivola said:
I landed on April 29. Hopefully I will get my PR next week.

Once I crossed the border with my COPR (I am visa exemption country), the officer asked me so many questions but it was fine.
At the airport, did you line up at visitor side or canadian side?

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Gravity said:
I landed 8 weeks back . not yet received PR card . I have only one Q? what if the emergency situation arrives? I hv my niece wedding in USA . whole of my family/friends are there EXCEPT me. be coz I hv no PR Card. I have tears in my eyes . I canot leave ca. tried to email/calls CIC but no use.
I am in exactly the same situation.. Landed on April 16th and haven't gotten my card yet. I have a wedding to go to on August 22nd and have the flights and hotel booked already. I found out last week that they need new pictures.. The Agent i spoke to the first time gave me the wrong information and told me that i would have to wait until I receive the mail from the immigration with the form to be filled out and specs for the new picture that i can not just mail out the pictures without getting the request first. But i called and spoke with another agent today and she emailed me the link where the information is stated and she advised that i can submit the form and mail it out pictures right away , don't have to wait until i get the actual mail from them.

I suggest you call CIC and ask to get an update on your PR card, if it is past the time shown on their website they have to call the processing department and will tell you what the status is on your card. Be on it and call them everyday if needed. I regret not calling earlier and speaking to another agent , i could've submitted new pictures few weeks ago.. Now i depend om their mercy in getting my card before the end of August.. I did include the letter with the pre paid Xpress post envelope , pretty much bagging them to speed it up since i have my best friend's wedding booked for August 22nd and i am her maid of honor :(

Good luck to you !

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
nivola said:
Did you buy a roundtrip or one way ticket? I also come from a Visa Exempt country but when I called CIC they said that didn't matter that I still need a PR Card or Travel Document to enter by Airline

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
maisonderik1 said:
Yes!! If you are from a Visa Exempt country you can return by commercial air without your PR Card. I just returned yesterday from the USA after a 5 day visit and I had still not received my PR Card. When I approached customs they asked what my status was. I told them I am a PR and she asked for my card. I told her I did not have it because it takes like 8 months to receive it now. I also informed her that when I did my landing originally that the customs official informed me that my status is linked to my passport and that I could travel without having a card because I am from a visa exempt country (USA). She looked at the computer and told me I was correct and welcome back to Canada. Thats all. So, YES you can travel without a PR any way you want. AS LONG AS YOU ARE VISA EXEMPT.
Sigh I'm Visa exempt as well but this isn't what CIC told me when I called

07YUSO

Jun 9, 2015
chasinglight said:
Sigh I'm Visa exempt as well but this isn't what CIC told me when I called
CIC will not tell you any more than what's on their website already.

Read Reply post #4024

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
07YUSO said:
My question is though, can we say to the airline that we are in the process of PR?
The airline is required to do travel screening and this information is shared with CBSA. They have specific software installed for this purpose. If a reportable trace emerges, they won't allow to proceed with the boarding. Travel screening is used for all passengers requiring a visa. As for VWA passport holders, these checks are not implemented sytematically at the time being. So, if they actually decide to put your information into the system, they will learn about PR status (and request the card). Otherwise, they will just let the air passenger on board.

In 2016 VWA passport holders will have to pay $7 and receive an “electronic travel authorization” (eTA) before boarding a flight to Canada under a 2011 deal between Washington and Ottawa to better protect North America from security threats.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, so my card arrived to my neighbour's and he was kind to drop by and hand it over to me just now. Someone made a typo in my apartment number 810 (making it 801 instead) although I had the correct address on eCAS. I discovered it when a call centre agent was confirming the address during a routine application status check and I urged him to modify it accordingly (Jul 16). I called on Jul 20 and an agent said that they had the correct address since Jul 16 and that the card was in production. Despite all that the card still emerged at 801.

So, unless you are actually lucky to have eCas tracking, the process of receiving the card is really dumb and you have zero control over it even if an administrative mistake took place.

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Diplomatru said:
The airline is required to do travel screening and this information is shared with CBSA. They have specific software installed for this purpose. If a reportable trace emerges, they won't allow to proceed with the boarding. Travel screening is used for all passengers requiring a visa. As for VWA passport holders, these checks are not implemented sytematically at the time being. So, if they actually decide to put your information into the system, they will learn about PR status (and request the card). Otherwise, they will just let the air passenger on board.

In 2016 VWA passport holders will have to pay $7 and receive an “electronic travel authorization” (eTA) before boarding a flight to Canada under a 2011 deal between Washington and Ottawa to better protect North America from security threats.
Could you please give a link to this information? To me it seems like a FUD. For sure CIC doesn't share information with airlines, so they could not know if you are PR or just a visitor. I can't believe CIC would share information about Canadian permanent residents with forighn airlines.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ip000073 said:
Could you please give a link to this information? To me it seems like a FUD. For sure CIC doesn't share information with airlines, so they could not know if you are PR or just a visitor. I can't believe CIC would share information about Canadian permanent residents with forighn airlines.
1)CIC has nothing to do with this. That's why you are 100% right. They don't share info on air travelers lol.
2)The specified information doesn't come from one source. Try googling 'redress number' and see how it goes.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Diplomatru said:

I can partially confirm what you are saying. I am NOT visa exempt. Recently I traveled to my home country (I have a PR card). On the way back, they asked for my PR card even for the first flight that didn't go to Canada (Zagreb-Frankfurt), and to board the flight to Canada I had to go to the boarding counter prior to the actual boarding call, and they scanned my passport (they have special keyboard for this) and checked something in the computer. They actually did that with most of the people, even my husband's passport was scanned (although he is Canadian).

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Dear All,

Allhamdulilla, today I have received my PR cards (mine & my wife) at 1pm canadian time. Though I am outside of Canada, but my cousin received it.

For your kind info, I have landed 25th of April, so after 92 days I have received my cards. I hope those who have landed on week 4 of April, will get their PR cards by a day or two.

Thanks all for your updates, and wish you good luck.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Diplomatru said:
that's really ridiculous of them. Thanks for sharing, very interesting read.
Maybe they scanned it just because we were together. I am not sure, since I didn't really pay attention did the other Canadian passengers' passports get scanned, but I could tell a lot of people were approaching the boarding counter, and some passengers were even called by name to come and present their passports. I am assuming those were from non-visa exempt countries as well.