06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
kanchandtt said:
I am in India. I landed on 2-May-2015 and went back on 12th. I was hoping to get PR card through a cousin before my permanent landing in December. But the processing time has fallen into a loop. Since India is not a visa exempt country, if you want to come back to Canada without PR card, you need Travel Document as your successful landing made you a PR. I never applied for the document, so was asking the group about their experience.'

Thanks for the information. I was thinking to go to India after landing and come back after 2-3 weeks, but I came to know from you that we cannot come back without travel document or PR card. I was totally not aware of this. I should think again before going to India after landing.
I think somebody in this forum who had experienced will sure answer your query and I too can get information from that.
But one more thing, this is out of curiosity, Is it possible to come to Canada thro USA by road via personnel Car without travel document if we have USA visa. I am not sure, how are the rules. I request somebody in this forum who has experience will answer all this queries.

Thanks,

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes you can enter from USA by private car. Show them your passport and COPR.

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
ttrajan said:
Yes you can enter from USA by private car. Show them your passport and COPR.
Thanks for the information. But my question is still open. Please go through it again as below and please let us know.
If I travel by Car from Canada to USA and then fly to India and come back again to USA after 2-3 weeks and then come to Canada by road via private Car. Does this work out without travel document & PR card if I have show them passport and CoPR only.
Please let us know.

Thanks,

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
ttrajan said:
Yes if you have USA visa.
Thank you for the information. Yes I do have USA visa. I travel frequently to USA for vacations by road via Car.

Thanks,

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Landed 10th April,on Thursday last week the PR cards for my wife,and my 3 daughters arrived,mine still hasn't lol,gotta love CIC.

waitingforfsw

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
i know that i can enter from US to Canada with my own car or rental car if i don't have a PR card yet.I have following two questions:

1. Can i just walk down to Canada - for example using rainbow bridge in Niagara falls?

2. If using a rental car , do i need to have a car with Canada license plate?

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
waitingforfsw said:
i know that i can enter from US to Canada with my own car or rental car if i don't have a PR card yet.I have following two questions:

1. Can i just walk down to Canada - for example using rainbow bridge in Niagara falls?

2. If using a rental car , do i need to have a car with Canada license plate?
1) Yes you can. Many people do that (source)

2) Not really (source)

07YUSO

Jun 9, 2015
Applied in Canada and landed June 15th.

Anyone here have experienced or heard someone fly back to Canada without PR card as a visa-waiver country citizen? I want to avoid making a connection in the US to get to the border city then having to drive to Canada as I will be flying with a newborn… (baby was born in Canada)

I wonder if I can be totally honest at the airport check in and fly as a visitor but obviously enter as PR at YYZ with COPR.

Thanks for any input!

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
07YUSO said:

Anyone here have experienced or heard someone fly back to Canada without PR card as a visa-waiver country citizen? I want to avoid making a connection in the US to get to the border city then having to drive to Canada as I will be flying with a newborn... (baby was born in Canada)

I wonder if I can be totally honest at the airport check in and fly as a visitor but obviously enter as PR at YYZ with COPR.

Thanks for any input!

Hi I did the landing on April 26.. I had a scheduled trip on June 14 and I left Canada. i had to apply for travel documents at Rome embassy. it took 8 business days... They did it fast because I shown my return ticket. However considering two weeks. (i have European passport)

come back as tourist is not suggested.....

Good luck
good luck...

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
07YUSO said:

Anyone here have experienced or heard someone fly back to Canada without PR card as a visa-waiver country citizen? I want to avoid making a connection in the US to get to the border city then having to drive to Canada as I will be flying with a newborn... (baby was born in Canada)

Thanks for any input!
If you are from a visa-waiver country, you should have no problem entering Canada from overseas. The only folks who would ask for visa are from the airlines, whom you can fib and say that you are visiting the country as a tourist and that you have a visa-waiver passport. Once u get to custom borders at the airport, at that point show the border officer your COPR, they can't NOT let you in coz you are at the border and you are Canadian PR.

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Hello my fellow waiting friends,

Hope this helps

Just called CIC and the agent asked me for landing date (18th April). So I thought she was gonna reject my request to check status of my pr card since it's not 83 days yet.
I was being ready to complain about stupid delay we are facing every week +7 days right? and she just said my card "should be ready" by 10th July and I can expect the card at the end of july with mail processing time...

So I guess 10th July is another big batch date for April fellows? but still what a delay..

mono_co

Nov 3, 2014
I had the misfortune of two times entering Canada without PR card because of all these delays. Both of them was at Ottawa Airport.

First time wasn't an issue, coming from the US. The agent was nice, quickly found out my record, and let me enter.

2nd time was an big issue, coming from the Europe to USA had a connection flight. The agent got annoyed, and told me I cannot use my landing document for travel purposes which I didn't actually. I just showed him to find my information in system. I had a US address in the customs forms, and he said he will accept me as tourist, and this day will not count for my residence. (Does he have right to do so? )
Continue asking me when I will officially reside, asked my intention!!! I said when I found a job !!

He also sent me to 2nd check where I waited an hour, witnessed they took PR of two elder parents of an apparently Indian girl due to 2 years residency requirement. The agent in 2ndary was nice, quickly found me and let me in. I although, I lost my connection flight time. Too bad. I had to pay additional cost.

So lesson: If you have connection flight, at least 2.5 hours you should have if you don't have the PR with you.

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
mono_co said:
I had the misfortune of two times entering Canada without PR card because of all these delays. Both of them was at Ottawa Airport.

First time wasn't an issue, coming from the US. The agent was nice, quickly found out my record, and let me enter.

2nd time was an big issue, coming from the Europe to USA had a connection flight. The agent got annoyed, and told me I cannot use my landing document for travel purposes which I didn't actually. I just showed him to find my information in system. I had a US address in the customs forms, and he said he will accept me as tourist, and this day will not count for my residence. (Does he have right to do so? )
Continue asking me when I will officially reside, asked my intention!!! I said when I found a job !!

He also sent me to 2nd check where I waited an hour, witnessed they took PR of two elder parents of an apparently Indian girl due to 2 years residency requirement. The agent in 2ndary was nice, quickly found me and let me in. I although, I lost my connection flight time. Too bad. I had to pay additional cost.

So lesson: If you have connection flight, at least 2.5 hours you should have if you don't have the PR with you.
Don't fully understand your second time. Are you from a visa-waiver country? Did you attempt to fly into Canada with just the COPR and passport?

cecIndia2014

Jun 19, 2014
Diaboluce said:
Hello my fellow waiting friends,

Hope this helps

Just called CIC and the agent asked me for landing date (18th April). So I thought she was gonna reject my request to check status of my pr card since it's not 83 days yet.
I was being ready to complain about stupid delay we are facing every week +7 days right? and she just said my card "should be ready" by 10th July and I can expect the card at the end of july with mail processing time...

Thanks for sharing this. I landed on Apr 17 and still waiting for PR card ....
Although it depends on Agent, who speaks with you, Please let us all know if you get to hear anything on your PR card ... It looks I can also expect it to be mailed by end of this week.

ALL THE BEST :D

So I guess 10th July is another big batch date for April fellows? but still what a delay..