+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

07YUSO

Jun 9, 2015
Applied for PR within Canada and flag polling tomorrow at the border with COPR to land.

I'm seeing some posts about sending in photos for the PR card. One of the COPR copies has my photo on it already, so does this mean I will not be asked to send photos later?

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
Hi Everyone,

I landed on 12th April, 2015. Today is the 63rd calendar day. Still waiting for PR card.

At first, it was around 40 days ... then it went to 57 ... then 64, and now it's officially 67 days.

I called CIC in May, and they told me that it's still under process. But, last week when I called them, they refuse to check my file stating that I need to wait and call them AFTER your days exceed the processing time frame. I even told her that how can I calculate it if you keep on changing dates every week. I told them that when I landed, it was 41 days, so obviously it has exceeded, but she said that I need to take into account the latest information displayed on their website : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp and calculate my days from there on. They even told me that CIC revised its policy in June 2015 that they will not check file if date falls within processing time frame.

micki

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XpressEnterprise said:
Hi Everyone,

I landed on 12th April, 2015. Today is the 63rd calendar day. Still waiting for PR card.

At first, it was around 40 days ... then it went to 57 ... then 64, and now it's officially 67 days.

I called CIC in May, and they told me that it's still under process. But, last week when I called them, they refuse to check my file stating that I need to wait and call them AFTER your days exceed the processing time frame. I even told her that how can I calculate it if you keep on changing dates every week. I told them that when I landed, it was 41 days, so obviously it has exceeded, but she said that I need to take into account the latest information displayed on their website : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp[/b]]http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp and calculate my days from there on. They even told me that CIC revised its policy in June 2015 that they not check file if date falls within processing time frame.
I was told exactly the same thing on June 10th

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
07YUSO said:
Applied for PR within Canada and flag polling tomorrow at the border with COPR to land.

I'm seeing some posts about sending in photos for the PR card. One of the COPR copies has my photo on it already, so does this mean I will not be asked to send photos later?
No, they should not request new photos.

I posted above that they do request new ones when they make a mistake on CoPR, but for the PR card they use the ones you already sent them. Just relax, do your landing (shouldn't take too long) and then start getting other papers done (health insurance, SIN, etc) while you wait for your PR card. The wait is now over 2 months unfortunately :(

Gsizzle

Oct 27, 2014
siroccoon said:
Congrats,mine was shipped out on 28th May and I am still waiting for that :)
Hi my wife is in the process of getting her PR card soon as well. Her landing was on May 2nd, I was just curious to know how were you guys able to find out that CIC mailed your PR cards out? Did you guys received some sort of Alert?

If anyone can shed any light on the matter, it will be highly appreciated.

rowling

Jun 11, 2015
allanew said:
landed on April 11.

Just called this morning, and was told they expect to send the cards out on Wed.
So that's exactly 67 days excluding mailing time....

We landed on April 18th, hope our cards can be sent next Weds...

maisonderik1

Aug 19, 2014
FYI: I know that it's frustrating waiting for our PR Cards but to ease some of the stress for all those who have plans to travel I have good news. When I completed my landing back in May I specifically asked the border agent who was processing my PR landing about leaving Canada while waiting for my PR card. He told me that as long as you are from a Visa Exempt country that you can come and go as you like while waiting for you PR Card. No, your COPR is not a travel document but being from a Visa Exempt country you are able to enter Canada via any mode of transportation, regardless if you have a PR Card. The border agent specifically told me that our PR Status is in their system under our Passport. So, if you are Visa Exempt then do not stress out about leaving and not being able to re-enter. It is only is you are from a Non Visa Exempt Country that you unfortunately have to apply for a travel document in order to be able to get on an AIRPLANE to come back to Canada. I hope this info helps everyone!!

07YUSO

Jun 9, 2015
maisonderik1 said:
FYI: I know that it's frustrating waiting for our PR Cards but to ease some of the stress for all those who have plans to travel I have good news. When I completed my landing back in May I specifically asked the border agent who was processing my PR landing about leaving Canada while waiting for my PR card. He told me that as long as you are from a Visa Exempt country that you can come and go as you like while waiting for you PR Card. No, your COPR is not a travel document but being from a Visa Exempt country you are able to enter Canada via any mode of transportation, regardless if you have a PR Card. The border agent specifically told me that our PR Status is in their system under our Passport. So, if you are Visa Exempt then do not stress out about leaving and not being able to re-enter. It is only is you are from a Non Visa Exempt Country that you unfortunately have to apply for a travel document in order to be able to get on an AIRPLANE to come back to Canada. I hope this info helps everyone!!
I just flag polled and landed a few days ago, also from visa exempt country. I was told the same thing, travel document not necessary. I guess the only caveat is that at the airport check-in flying back to Canada, you'd either have to lie and say you're visitor or you'd have to risk explaining the situation to the airline ground crew and hope that they are okay with that. Of course there is absolutely no problem if you'd fly to nearby US airport and drive up to the border.

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
mjaffer53 said:
Landed on April 4th, 2015.

CIC mailed out the card to me on 8th June, 2015 - I received it in the mail today on 10th June, 2015.
Congratulations! I "landed" a week after you so hopefully next week I get my card too, :)

Gsizzle

Oct 27, 2014
maisonderik1 said:
Hi maisonderik1, that was pretty informative. My wife is an american citizen who landed on May 2nd. We are sorta in a situation that we have plans to leave for our Honeymoon on July 12th to Dominican Republic for a week from Toronto. Now I have a feeling that due to the 67 days processing time she won't be able to get her PR card in time.

Now US is a Visa Exempt country, do you think she will need to apply for a travel document? If you or anyone else can shed any light on the matter, it will be highly appreciated.

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I have a curious question. (For visa-required passport country)

We all know about the Immigrant Visa that is stamped, which gives you the ability to do your landing. Right?
The period on it: up to a 1 year.

What is the reason, the airlines won't allow you to get on the plane if you show them the IM-1 visa? (again)

You can always tell them, I'm going to Canada to do my Landing. (even if you are really , already landed .. lol)

Any thoughts? :)

nanicec

May 14, 2014
Tonimir said:

We all know about the Immigrant Visa that is stamped, which gives you the ability to do your landing. Right?

What is the reason, the airlines won't allow you to get on the plane if you show them the IM-1 visa? (again)

You can always tell them, I'm going to Canada to do my Landing. (even if you are really , already landed .. lol)

Our landing paper does not hold good alone. It has to be with a valid visa. The visa we were given was a single entry visa. Once we are done with our landing, the single entry visa becomes invalid. So if we would require to travel out of Canada, it would not be a problem but when we return to Canada, we will have to have a PR card or a travel document to enter Canada.
Hope this helps.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Tonimir said:

Not sure about others, but my immigrant visa was crossed over at landing...

micki

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tonimir said:

You will get a "landing" stamp in your passport - my visa was not crossed over