+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Tilikun said:
When you check your ecas , it will probly only show that " decision made or medicals received or we received your application on xxxx xxx , and that you landed on xxx date and became p r "
Usually (lately only 15% of applicants ) the pr card status POPS below all that info , and that happens 2 or 3 days after your card was mailed out to you .
So there is no specific link to check only pr card status
So you mean to say there are very few applicants who can track whether there PR card is in-process or is been approved, right ?

Thanks. +1

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Goku said:
So you mean to say there are very few applicants who can track whether there PR card is in-process or is been approved, right ?

Thanks. +1
Yes , that's right , best way is to call 18882422100 and give agent your UCI so the agent can tell you if your card is mailed out or not . I just called right now , and he told me that my card was approved on February 11th and sent for printing , but printing can take another 2 weeks , so my card is gonna get mailed out on March 1st ,he said .

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Tilikun said:
Yes , that's right , best way is to call 18882422100 and give agent your UCI so the agent can tell you if your card is mailed out or not . I just called right now , and he told me that my card was approved on February 11th and sent for printing , but printing can take another 2 weeks , so my card is gonna get mailed out on March 1st ,he said .
Thanks for clarification. Appreciate your help. :)

bumbak

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
I have landed on 30 Dec 2014 and PR card got approved on 3 Feb. Still not received the PR card, should I be concerned? Generally how long does it take to get the card once its approved.

AINP235

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2014
bumbak said:
I have landed on 30 Dec 2014 and PR card got approved on 3 Feb. Still not received the PR card, should I be concerned? Generally how long does it take to get the card once its approved.
Hi, How do you know that your PRcard is approved or not? I landed on Dec 24, 2014 but I have no Idea how to check the status online.

jaspermorraine

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
AINP235 said:
Hi, How do you know that your PRcard is approved or not? I landed on Dec 24, 2014 but I have no Idea how to check the status online.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

please use your UCI or whatever number you have available. Most of us don't see anything though...

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
jaspermorraine said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

please use your UCI or whatever number you have available. Most of us don't see anything though...
I see my status as complete since Jan 27 and still haven't received my PR card, need to call CIC and check the status.

Wonderclicks.

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
ssharma08 said:
Wonderclicks,

You should call CIC as if your status got changed to complete on 27th Jan for PR card than you should have by now received the same btw Canada post has lost PR card for my spouse and I will be re-applying again so just be cautious with them. They are big time into screwing us in last leg!
ssharma08

Yes will check with CIC tomorrow, i had the same feeling that Canada Post might have misplaced my PR Card, between how did you apply again ? Did they charge for it, please provide details.

Thanks,
Wonderclicks.

megeremore

Jan 14, 2010
gopr said:
I called CIC again today to let them know I am moving and PR card address has to change from Feb 28. The lady I spoke to informed that the Card went for printing on Jan 30 and its not ready yet. She told me to call back on March 2 (its different dates with diff agents huh?) if I dont get the card by then. Also she sent me an email with the link to do address change notification. she doesnt know why there is a delay since there is nothing wrong in my file.
Please what phone no did you use in calling them? I need to get across to them as well.

jaspermorraine

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
megeremore said:
Please what phone no did you use in calling them? I need to get across to them as well.
Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100
•Case specific enquiries form (available only if you submitted an application to an in-Canada office or online). If you sent your application outside of Canada please use the International case specific inquiry form for the mission where you applied.
•Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about CIC programs, and check the status of your application.
•Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.

tortau

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Called CIC this morning and was told that my PR card was "is being processed" (i.e. not yet mailed) and to call back if I still haven't received it in a month.

Interestingly, my new address (which I'd updated a few weeks ago) is already in their records but eCAS still does not reflect that information.

I guess I'm resigned to just sit back and wait for now.

PS: My landing date is Dec 26, 2014.

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
tortau said:
Called CIC this morning and was told that my PR card was "is being processed" (i.e. not yet mailed) and to call back if I still haven't received it in a month.

Interestingly, my new address (which I'd updated a few weeks ago) is already in their records but eCAS still does not reflect that information.

I guess I'm resigned to just sit back and wait for now.

PS: My landing date is Dec 26, 2014.
tortau,

Whats your status on ECAS for PR Card? If it is complete let me know the date when it got in process and changed to complete.

Thanks
Wonderclicks

tortau

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
wonderclicks said:
tortau,

Whats your status on ECAS for PR Card? If it is complete let me know the date when it got in process and changed to complete.
No status at all. There isn't even an entry for PR card application on the page.

I'm almost guessing that the case was assigned to someone who went on a vacation, hence the lack of updates.

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
tortau said:
No status at all. There isn't even an entry for PR card application on the page.

I'm almost guessing that the case was assigned to someone who went on a vacation, hence the lack of updates.
Thats odd !!

Just spoke to CIC on my card status and got to know they have mailed it on 26th to my home address which is different than my mailing address (where i received all my communications including COPR, PP).

I did check with my old address as well and got to know no mailers received in my name or family name :-X. CIC is quite crazy in some areas ???!! till date i had no issues at all and now they screewed up my PR card delivery. ???

CIC asked me to call back after March 09th and see what they can do :-\

Wonderclicks

ssharma08

Jan 21, 2015
Same happened with my spouse PR card they were able to delivered mine but her went back to CIC but luckily when we called them yesterday as we completed 6 weeks of mandatory wait time :mad:...card was returned back to them and they have noted down address again and hopefully will be mailed again ??? to us..