+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
Hi guys, I finally stick a PR picture with my COPR and ready for landing !

For people that have landed, may I know how long did it took for CIC you send you the PR card ? This is because I have a travel plan in Feb next year, so I hope that I can get my PR card back in time if I were to land now.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
g.mumbai said:
Landed on 1st Nov. PR card shows in process starting 17th Nov.

I landed on 3 Nov... Still no PR card application shown yet...ECAS only shows my CEC is complete...

Fear of those who have been waiting for more than 3 months!!! :eek: :eek:

Konkanasetty

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2013
AOR Received.
02-06-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014(chest x-ray was pending due to pregnancy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back with Visa Stamping on 17-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-0ct-2014
I and my spouse landed on Oct 17, my spouse got PR card where as my application is under review. I can't even check the status of the PR card online.

I am not sure what they are reviewing at the final step.

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
anyone who landed at early October got their PR cards yet ? If the PR card is taking more than 2 months to get from landing, maybe I want to delay my landing until I come back from my trip next year .....

mannmann

Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gladaki said:
I think you will get it after me :)...if there is queue for PR cards under review..

Here is operation manual of PR card
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf

why its under review

quote:
5.5. Correction procedures – Permanent resident documentation

One of the primary goals of the permanent resident card initiative is to enhance the quality and reliability of status identification documents issued by CIC. In order to achieve this goal, it is imperative that client information recorded on the PR card be accurate.

A data quality verification process is in place at the CPC-PRC to ensure that the information recorded on the Confirmation of Permanent Resident form [IMM 5292B] matches the FOSS record before a PR card is issued. In cases where a discrepancy is noted, steps must be taken to identify the correct information and make the appropriate amendment. It is important that amendments be processed in a systematic manner.

Not worrying about it, ive bought a house and moving across province so they are making it harder for themselves, my lawyer has also wrote them a letter so we shall see

AprilMosaic

Oct 12, 2014
My spouse and I landed on October 17, ECAS showed "in process" on Nov. 6, and we got our PR cards on November 20. But you never know with CIC...Someone there actually got my spouse's room number wrong! We were lucky to have received the mails properly.

Here is a shout-out to those who saw your ECAS showing "in process" - double check the address shown on-line for both yourself and each of your family member!

octadag said:
anyone who landed at early October got their PR cards yet ? If the PR card is taking more than 2 months to get from landing, maybe I want to delay my landing until I come back from my trip next year .....

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
AprilMosaic said:
My spouse and I landed on October 17, ECAS showed "in process" on Nov. 6, and we got our PR cards on November 20. But you never know with CIC...Someone there actually got my spouse's room number wrong! We were lucky to have received the mails properly.

Here is a shout-out to those who saw your ECAS showing "in process" - double check the address shown on-line for both yourself and each of your family member!
Congratulations to you and your family.. My landing was on October 29th and it started showing "in process" on Nov 12th. Hoping to hear something next week

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
satbeerus2001 said:
landed on Nov 2 and PR card status shows In Process since Nov 18

hope to get it soon as I need to go out of country for xmas
Congrats!

I landed on Nov 3 but still there is nothing about PR card process in my ECAS...getting worried now..
Any guess on what would happen?

KaranKrishna

Jul 10, 2014
Hi All,

I have done landing with in the city, looks like now a days no need to go to border if you are inside Canada, I got the interview mail from CIC and went to the CIC office with in the city and done my Landing, from today I am also PR.

They mentioned it would take 6-8 weeks for getting the PR card.

Thanks,
Karan

aks2013

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I landed on 22-Nov-2014 Saturday. I checked ECAS today and it shows Home address and Mailing Address.
My Mailing address has street no. and Apt number. But the home address doesn't have Apt# or street number.

Not sure the PR card takes the Mailing address or home address.

Should i call CIC and tell that street no and apt# is missing in my home address?

Thanks.

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
aks2013 said:
Hello all,

I landed on 22-Nov-2014 Saturday. I checked ECAS today and it shows Home address and Mailing Address.
My Mailing address has street no. and Apt number. But the home address doesn't have Apt# or street number.

Not sure the PR card takes the Mailing address or home address.

Should i call CIC and tell that street no and apt# is missing in my home address?

Thanks.

I suggest you use the online tool to update your address.
Get this done ASAP otherwise when they come to process your PR card the agent will see the address is incomplete and then put your application into the review blackhole.

KaranKrishna

Jul 10, 2014
Hi,

My status is decision made, will the status change after landing, I just landed on 21st , please let me know if the status changes and by when.

Thanks,
karan

satbeerus2001

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
KaranKrishna said:
Hi,

My status is decision made, will the status change after landing, I just landed on 21st , please let me know if the status changes and by when.

Thanks,
karan

I have seen people's status changing from DM to Complete in about one week after landing.

This is for the permanent residence application.

Hope that helps