Received on 27/09/2013
Med's Done....
Done on 23/10/2013
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Hi All,

My status on CIC website is as follows,

Permanent Resident Card
"We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 23, 2014.

We started processing your application on August 22, 2014."

I have not received PR card yet. Rest of family members already received theirs in Sep'14. Does anyone else had this experience? I tried many times to speak with anyone in CIC call centre but no luck so far.

Any suggestions/advice please. Bit worried now.

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Whats overall status ,its "In Process" or "Complete".

I am pretty sure it will be complete ,if its complete then Canada Post has lost your PR card.

If its still "In Process" ,then your card may be under review.

Try calling Call Center there may be wait for 15-20 mins but i would say its worth it.

satbeerus2001

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
letstry21 said:
I am not senior or Expert but still responding.

Current processing of PR card is 28 days ,I got PR card in 25 days or so(it was with my landlord for 3-4 days), but you cannot assume anything for PR card as some people are waiting for PR card for 3-4 months also.

It takes normally 1 week to get Travel document from India ,I would suggest you to contact Canada High commission for more details.

As far as photos thing is concerned ,sometimes they ask for photos saying photos are not good enough for card.

Also adding PR travel document cover letter template as that will give you idea of documents to be submitted,but point is dont assume always be prepared for worst case scenario.

December 29, 2013

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
New Delhi, India

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Name
Client ID# XXXXXX
Passport number# XXXXXX
Date of Birth: XXXXXX
Application for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad)

I became a Permanent Resident of Canada on September 25, 2013 by completing the landing formalities at Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada.

I am submitting this Application for Travel Document as I have not received my first Permanent Resident Card. Instead, I received a letter from PR card Processing Centre that the photographs provided did not meet the required specifications and it was therefore impossible to produce the PR card. I promptly re-submitted new photos to the PR Card Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia on November 13, 2013 but did not receive my PR card before my travel commenced on December 26, 2013. I planned my vacation to India expecting that I would receive the PR card before my travel to India but unfortunately I did not receive the PR card and I had to travel to India without a PR card.

I sincerely request you to review the below documents as part of my Application for a Travel Document and issue a travel document as soon as possible to return to Canada on January 24, 2014 and continue working for XXXXXCOMPANY NAMEXXXXX

? Application for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) (IMM 5524)
? Fee Payment;
? Document Checklist;
? Two photographs;
? Two Original Passports;
? Confirmation of Permanent Residence (Stapled to passport);
? Letter from current Employer;
? Bank Statements for past 12 months;
? Pay stubs for past 12 months;
? Canada Revenue Agency Notice of assessments
? Rental Agreement;
? Marriage Certificate;
? Confirmed travel itinerary; and
? Copy of letter from PR card processing Centre requesting for new photographs(if any)

Yours truly,

XXXXXXXXXX
Hi letstry

Excuse me for the delayed response. Highly appreciate and thank you for your detailed reply

satbeerus2001

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Hello all,

I just checked the processing time for PR card currently and it says 19 calender days.

Does it mean if eveything goes by the book then I can get the PR card in 19 days?? I just landed yesterday at Carway POE

Please give your opinion

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
I believe 19 days for the Sdyney NS office to issue the card once they received the file from immigration officers. There will be a few days of mailing time of your application from your Canada port of entry to Sydney NS, and also a few days of mailing time from Sdyney NS to your mailing address

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
satbeerus2001 said:
Hello all,

I just checked the processing time for PR card currently and it says 19 calender days.

Does it mean if eveything goes by the book then I can get the PR card in 19 days?? I just landed yesterday at Carway POE

Please give your opinion

Don't hold your breath. If they mess up, then you are in a black hole. No processing times, it will take as long as they like.

satbeerus2001

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Roger that

Thanks octadag and johnboy for you replies...appreciate it :)

But I have a flight to back home on Nov 15 this month and coming back on December 6

By Nov 15 there is no way I can get my PR card and 3 weeks in India are most likely inadequate to get the travel document...

So I dont know what to do other than cancelling my trip now :((((

greg123

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
satbeerus2001 said:
Roger that

But I have a flight to back home on Nov 15 this month and coming back on December 6

By Nov 15 there is no way I can get my PR card and 3 weeks in India are most likely inadequate to get the travel document...

I'm in a similar situation. I asked the officer at the border when I did my landing what I should do and she said without the PR card I should go to a consulate when abroad and they will issue a travel document. Once you get to Canada you won't have any issues with immigration, the biggest problem is that the airline may not let you on the flight without a card or other issued travel doc.

greg123

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
satbeerus2001 said:
Roger that

I found a link for you: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10
Like what I said in the last post, you will need to apply for a travel document from an embassy in your home country.
Good luck!

satbeerus2001

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
greg123 said:
I found a link for you: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10
Like what I said in the last post, you will need to apply for a travel document from an embassy in your home country.
Good luck!

hi greg123

thanks for ur posts

i know that i will have to get travel document from the Canadian embassy in the country I am visiting but the problem is that I am going there only for 3 weeks....and i m nt sure if that is enough time to get the travel document before my flight back to Canada

i have written email to the concerned embassy and will see if get a response about the processing time for travel document

greg123

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Processing time has been updated to 16 calendar days.

Should our existing ECAS login show the PR Card application? Mine still only shows the existing PR application with a status of complete.

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
greg123 said:
Processing time has been updated to 16 calendar days.

Should our existing ECAS login show the PR Card application? Mine still only shows the existing PR application with a status of complete.
Don't know.. Mine too it still shows PR application complete with landing information.
When did you finish your landing? I did mine on 29th October

satbeerus2001

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
md4me said:
Don't know.. Mine too it still shows PR application complete with landing information.
When did you finish your landing? I did mine on 29th October
hi md4me

I landed at Carway border on Nov 02 and still no info on ECAS about PR card...jz shows PR process as complete

I had an international trip on Nov 15 which I will have to cancel now :((((((

coldplay

Mar 5, 2014
Guys, do we have to apply for PR card after landing or they will automatically doing it for you ? because I found forms for PR card application. I landed on October 24th and my ECAS hasn't shown anything yet.