+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

mannmann

Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KevinSong said:
I landed on July 16th and haven't received a pr card yet.

I just called the cic call centre to verify the status of my pr card and the agent told me that my application is in further review. I asked her what is the purpose of this review, but she doesn't have answer for that.

Is there anyone know what exactly the further review is for?

or anyone in the same situation?

im in the same situation do you have an update on yours?? i called today and they just said its under review we will write to you

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
mannmann said:
hey ive just had the same info from CIC call centre to say PR card has not been issued as under review, im freaking out. Im in the process of buying a house :/

I landed August 9th, she said they write to me. No timeline nothing
Why would you freak out? You are already PR... Do they require the PR card for you to buy the house? :mad:

Kelon

Jan 21, 2013
cec_dec2013 said:
Hi,

I am a Dec 2013 applicant and I landed on 06 Sept 2014. My application status on Ecas shows "Complete" and the last update says "You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on September 6, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident." How and where can I track my PR card status. Can someone please help?
I have the same exact status as you. I landed inland in Montreal on August 21 and I see no where on ECAS to verify the status of PRC. I am guessing this is the case for inlanders?

Kelon

Jan 21, 2013
rimplek said:
Hi,
i have planned my trip to India in end of October...but i hvnt received my p.r. card yet... i need more info on getting travel document to enter into Canada.. plz help me..like where should i apply and how many days it takes to process ur application...my nearest Canadian office is Chandigarh branch...
Thank you
I have read somewhere on this trend that if you have a friend or family member that could mail you the card while overseas, then you are good to go. There's risk nevertheless. Being that some had to go through verification due to passport photo.

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
richi jolly said:
Hi All! Its almost a month that i got my permanent residency but in my ecas it's doesn't show
Any new window for my pr card
I
Did you tried calling CIC call center?, I would suggest call them to see what is happening ,

Is it under review or they need new photos or what?

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
letstry21 said:
Did you tried calling CIC call center?, I would suggest call them to see what is happening ,

Is it under review or they need new photos or what?
Yesterday mine hit day 42, and a new status appeared in my ECAS, showing the date they received and started to process my PR card application. 1 month might b a little too soon. But timelines are certainly not a constant here hahah. You will get it soon. Hang in there.

Cheers Mut

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
As per CIC website ,current processing time is 39 days ...I am not sure if anyone(on this thread) has got PR card in less than 50 days .

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
letstry21 said:
As per CIC website ,current processing time is 39 days ...I am not sure if anyone(on this thread) has got PR card in less than 50 days .
Yesterday, my ECAS status was "In Process" Today it is "Complete" Day 43... (but I do not physically have the card yet ) :)

Regards,
Mut

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Muttley said:
Yesterday, my ECAS status was "In Process" Today it is "Complete" Day 43... (but I do not physically have the card yet ) :)

Regards,
Mut
Congrats.... hope i get in time too ...I landed on 28-Sep-2014 and I am going for vacation on 10-Dec-2014.

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Hi,

I would like to ask you guys, who can see online the progress of the PR card, can you tell me how it looks like?
If I login to ECAS, I can see only 1 "line"/entry saying Complete, and if I click on it to see the details the last message is saying where and when I landed.
This will turn to "In process" and in the same list it will say "We have received your PR card application...", etc., or it should be a new "line"/entry?
I landed on Aug 23rd and no any update in ECAS up to now....
Worst case I'll contact with CIC.

Thanks! :)

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
horvathc said:
Hi,

I would like to ask you guys, who can see online the progress of the PR card, can you tell me how it looks like?
If I login to ECAS, I can see only 1 "line"/entry saying Complete, and if I click on it to see the details the last message is saying where and when I landed.
This will turn to "In process" and in the same list it will say "We have received your PR card application...", etc., or it should be a new "line"/entry?
I landed on Aug 23rd and no any update in ECAS up to now....
Worst case I'll contact with CIC.

Thanks! :)
If they update it and its not always the case you will get a second status, looks like the first but titled PR Card Application or similar. It will have a selectable status hyperlink which will take you to the steps completed thus far. i.e we received on ... we started processing on.... etc. Eventually the hyperlink status will show complete.

Hope this helps.

regs

Mut

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Muttley said:
If they update it and its not always the case you will get a second status, looks like the first but titled PR Card Application or similar. It will have a selectable status hyperlink which will take you to the steps completed thus far. i.e we received on ... we started processing on.... etc. Eventually the hyperlink status will show complete.

Hope this helps.

regs

Mut
Thanks! Yep, it clear now.
I hope I'll see some progress soon... ;)

Chinook

Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO (Ottawa)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th May 13
Doc's Request.
Updated POF requested with MR and RPRF
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send AOR
Med's Request
6th Sep 13
Med's Done....
23rd Sep 13
Passport Req..
11th Oct 13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamping on 17th Oct / Received back passport on 2nd Nov 2013
LANDED..........
29th Aug 2014 (Beaver Creek YT)
Hi,

I read in the CIC website that "ECAS" statuses are generally updated every Tuesday. (If at all they update !! - I have seen applicants reporting no update or late updates as well)
Also "Processing Time" estimates are generally updated on Fridays. (Again if at all CIC updates)

Gary27

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
I have applied my PR along with my wife and we landed in Carway on 22nd June 2014. I got my PR card in Sep first week but I am still waiting for my wife's PR card which we didn't receive. When I checked with CIC, they are saying that some other officer is verifying the data and will not be able to give any expected date. This is weird. Anyone faced/facing the same issue.