Med's Request
September 23, 2013
Med's Done....
October 6, 2013
Passport Req..
May 5, 2014
LANDED..........
June 7, 2014
Just Got home and guess what??? !!! I got my PR card already people!!!

I landed on June 7 at Carway, Alberta... Hope everyone who's still waiting gets it pretty soon!!

no190

Dec 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
landed on May 27th. PR card mailed out on July 21st but still don't get it :(

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
carrotmuffin said:
I am struggling...I haven't received my pr card since I landed on Apr 3,2014. I was told my case is 'under verification.' Don't know how long that's gonna take. I had my flight booked for Aug 6...I don't know what to say...God, help me~! :'(
Unfortunately their is no time limit for varification cases and i am one of them. Landed on 20th March but no PR CARDS yet.

Would suggest you to keep chasing CIC.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
Dear forum members,

I would be interested to know if anybody in this thread who landed on or before 20th March, 2014 but not received PR CARDS yet?.

We had landed on or20th March but no PR CARDS yet.

feifei33

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-03-2013
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
17-12-2013
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
Ali78 said:
Well, in our case our visa expiry was only after two months and hence we had not much time to plan plus lot of personal, family and other things involved which resulted in short landing on the hope that once PR cards are received we will go permanently after 5 - 6 months (overall from 1st landing).

Hence I think it doesn't apply in our case like misrepresenting or other such things as out of 5 yrs we are supposed to stay 2 years in Canada. Also we are not getting any benefit as of now in terms of schooling, medical or tax credits etc. Its not even 6 months from our initial landing and even if I say to CIC agents that we will travel they clearly tell us to apply for travel doc from the country we are going. My request to those who did short landing during the same time to pls inform if they received their PRs?
Hi, I have a similar issue. Landed in April, but haven't received my card yet. Have been informed by CIC that my photos were not within specs, so had to re-take them IN Canada. However, I left Canada in the meantime for personal reasons (I intend to come back by the end of the year). My application for PR card will be apparently withdrawn in January if I dont do the photos.
Is it going to be difficult to re-apply for a PR card if I dont come back in Canada in time?

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
ukulele said:
Completely irrelevant to this guy's case, he hasn't misrepresented or anything... IMHO...

As I mentioned earlier.. read the below comments, my point was CIC might have been tracking people's travel IN and OUT of Canada(it was my point of view regarding the news I pasted earlier, I cannot do anything if you could find only miss-representation of data in the whole news :p )

I just wanted to pass the information I found on the news, recently few people are facing the same situation as he is in.. may be due to cic changed the policy or they started tracking the people's travels IN and OUT of Canada to make sure that people are living in the Address mentioned in the time of landing(address where to send the PR card) until they receiving the PR card atleast.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
jeeks2012 said:
I just wanted to pass the information I found on the news, recently few people are facing the same situation you are in.. may be due to cic changed the policy or they started tracking the people's travels IN and OUT of Canada to make sure that people are living in the Address mentioned in the time of landing(address where to send the PR card).
[/quote.

Hi weeks,

It would be helpful if you could specify the source of the news regarding not issuing the PR cards to those who leave Canada before receiving PR cards.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
karamatnajeeb said:
jeeks2012 said:
I just wanted to pass the information I found on the news, recently few people are facing the same situation you are in.. may be due to cic changed the policy or they started tracking the people's travels IN and OUT of Canada to make sure that people are living in the Address mentioned in the time of landing(address where to send the PR card).
[/quote.

Hi weeks,

It would be helpful if you could specify the source of the news regarding not issuing the PR cards to those who leave Canada before receiving PR cards.
Apologize for mispelling your name.

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
karamatnajeeb said:
Apologize for mispelling your name.
Hi.. It is an assumption, based on the trend(those who left Canada before receiving the PR card) and recent events occurred(many people denied citizenship due to false representation of presence in Canada). In the news it mentioned that RCMP verifying 5000 Permanent Resident's residence in Canada.

CIC might have security concerns regarding another person collecting the PR card.

Best option will be contact CIC, if you cannot then you can ask your friends or relatives in Canada.. "Will it be possible to receive the PR card, When someone left Canada immediately after landing and while living abroad??"

octprwaiting

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khaanza said:
Finally got my PR card. it took only 2weeks after re submitting the pictures.
Khaanza : Congrats .. Can you please tell me when you landed / when you shipped your photo and when you got the card ?

I am in the same boat .. I have a urgent travel in two week and I have not booked my return ticket due to same reason.

khaanza

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
I landed May 10th, got a call 2 weeks ago to re submit my picturs, which I did at Etobicoke office the very next day. I requested them to expediate it and they did. my card says valid until Jun 28th so I am assuming it was printed on June 28th. and recieved it in the mail yesterday.

Hope it helps

readhp

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
18-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
khaanza said:
pardon it is valid until july 28 so i am assuming it got printed on july 28th
Hi Khaanza,

You got a phone call and not a letter? Did they give you an appointment or did you just show up to their office? Did you submit anything else? I noticed that the photographs for PR card application have a different specification than the ones we sent out with our PR applications.

Also, did you call them prior to getting the call?

Thanks,
readhp

khaanza

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Well i think when I landed the officer at the border put down my number on my COPR. I didnt call CIC to follow up on my card's status as I figured I wouldnt get the card untill late August due to the massive back log.
The call I recieved was from an officer at Etobicoke office. he said you can walk in fill out a form and it should take 10 mins. And thats exactly what happened. I went in filed a req form at the front desk and they called me with in 15 mins and I was out of the door after that.