+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

manichinnari555

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
red_apple said:
"*Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or the local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background verifications for you and, if applicable, your family members. "

So doesnt apply to me as I am a permanent resident. it's just the matter of time when they fix and finalize the COPR issue.
Hello red_appple,

They missed exactly the same two fields for my Daughter, however me and My wife received the cards. Can you tell me the process to apply the urgent correction procedure ?

We went to apply the OHIP card but they didn't honoured our request due to the above reason. Pleae advise.

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
kushari said:
Red_apple had a health card as a temporary worker. Once the status changes that's when the 90 days are applicable. I'm not going to reply any more as this is going no where. It doesn't matter what you had or didn't have, once you become a PR those 90 days come into effect to all cases.
Thats not right I think. I got my health card in a month and half after I landed.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
rawfile said:
Thats not right. I got my health card in a month and half after I landed.
You might have got it a month and a half after landing, but you were not elible to use it until your 90 days were over, it even says it on the website.

red_apple

Mar 20, 2014
manichinnari555 said:
hello Red Apple,

I am same situation as you, they missed exactly the same two fileds for my daughter. Me and my wife received the cards, however my daughter went for an verification.

But, she has the OHIP valid until 2015 Aug. I am waiting for the PR card to arrive, later I will send for the correction.

Please let me know if you have some other faster way to get it resovled.
I am planning to apply for an urgent amendment of COPR on Fri.
My OHIP card is until end of Aug;
I hope they process it fast enough because I have medical conditions and hopefully it will satisfy them.
Keep me posted with your case if you dont mind ;)

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
kushari said:
Red_apple had a health card as a temporary worker. Once the status changes that's when the 90 days are applicable. I'm not going to reply any more as this is going no where. It doesn't matter what you had or didn't have, once you become a PR those 90 days come into effect to all cases when applying for a new card.
There is no such waiting period for those already in province with OHIP. I got mine in 5 weeks with COPR. It is however a blessing to have you not respond to this thread with further misinformation.

Your own link says waiting period applies to new and returning residents, not those already in province.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
thisisauser said:
Your own link says waiting period applies to new and returning residents, not those already in province.
"Generally, there is a three-month waiting period for Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) coverage. It applies to most new residents and former residents returning to Ontario."

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Finally received my PR Card.

Strangely I had applied permanent resident application independently and I had provided my home address during Landing for mailing PR card, but the PR Card mail ends up in my employer address.

I am still waiting for my Spouses PR card, Hopefully it will be delivered to my home address.

Strange things are going on nowadays in CIC office :'(

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
thisisauser said:
"Generally, there is a three-month waiting period for Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) coverage. It applies to most new residents and former residents returning to Ontario."
You are right.
Initially when I applied for OHIP after I came to Canada on Work Permit couple of yrs back, they didn't mail me my card until I completed my 3 months here.

Subu75

Apr 30, 2013
BC, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
8-April-2014
LANDED..........
1-May-2014
VinnyToronto said:
Finally received my PR Card.

Strangely I had applied permanent resident application independently and I had provided my home address during Landing for mailing PR card, but the PR Card mail ends up in my employer address.

I am still waiting for my Spouses PR card, Hopefully it will be delivered to my home address.

Strange things are going on nowadays in CIC office :'(
Congratulations.

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
thnks guys..I was asking because I need to buy my tickets within 2mrw( to avoid highly expensive fare) ...dont know which date to choose ..there are 2 dates 9th july n 13th july...do u think 13th july will work?

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Yamahar1 said:
thnks guys..I was asking because I need to buy my tickets within 2mrw( to avoid highly expensive fare) ...dont know which date to choose ..there are 2 dates 9th july n 13th july...do u think 13th july will work?
I have done the mistake assuming I would receive my card on time and booked tickets for July end.
But they have rejected my photos. So, I am not sure when I would receive my card.

I would suggest to wait till you receive the card!
Better be safe than sorry :)

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
rawfile said:
I have done the mistake assuming I would receive my card on time and booked tickets for July end.
But they have rejected my photos. So, I am not sure when I would receive my card.

I would suggest to wait till you receive the card!
Better be safe than sorry :)
Same here. I'd wait. I had to make two trips without the card. Sucks, but you have to do what you have to do and you might not get refunded depending on the fare type.