+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
ceclmo777 said:
cec4111, when are you travelling to India?
Ceclmo77, am planning mid of Jan. I landed on Nov 23, so not sure if I will get before that. I need to get the timeline of the Travel document to plan my vacation.

y3knik

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-07-2012
Doc's Request.
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
6-08-2012
IELTS Request
03-05-2012
File Transfer...
06-08-2012
Med's Request
28-05-2013
Med's Done....
31-05-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
Landed yesterday at the Prescott POI.

Wait begins for the PR Card now.

taosu

Jun 14, 2013
taosu said:
Called CIC again just now. The lady said no update on my card yet. When I ask her how long I can expect to wait, she said she really doesn't know, could be one to two months. It's been three weeks since I called them and they initially told me the border f*cked up my PR card application.

I have travel outside of Canada scheduled for Jan and Feb. Since my work permit and work visa is still valid, I plan to use that to board the plane. What do you guys think? When I land, the guy told me as long as I make it to the border, they aren't going to refuse my entry...

I REALLY don't want to spend $50 plus a month of waiting to apply for a travel doc. Plus, my trip plans are in 3 weeks in Jan and another trip for 1 week in Feb, there won't be enough time for me to apply for travel doc anyway...
Sent an email to CIC requesting for urgent processing. Got rejected. The person said I should contact CIC call centre. WTF! I have been calling them for 3 weeks and the call centre can do nothing! I clearly stated that in the email!!!

Send another request today. So angry about this. Every single step of this process is delayed!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
18-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
02-11-2013
513263337 said:
I called them just now. I landed Nov 2 and they are saying it will be until mid February.
Last time I called the agent said there's a massive delay and any new immigrants landed after mid Oct will only get PR card in Feb next year - which is very scary.

I called them again today and this time the agent is completely unaware of any "massive delay". She says it will be according to the posted 50 days.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
Guys, I am in a situation where I decided to apply for a travel document as soon as I reach india. Anyone who recently applied for a travel doc from india..please share your experience..

bluedhaka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 13, 2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
05/05/11 and In Process from 21/11/12
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
June 10, 2011
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
Done
bluedhaka said:
Thank you very much!
So finally i called them yesterday as per the calling instruction and could reach them as well. they said my Card was returned back due to address issue. I was surprised. it seems one small mistake has happened. they have put apt. number in my wife's and son's address but mine one was missing. Anyway, the lady said the instruction has already given to resend the card at my address. Now i just pray i will get that without any more surprise.

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
So ridiculous! I called them today and said the card will be delayed to Feb 2014. I don't understand how hard it is to get a card.... No reason explained by the call centre agent! Get my hand on preparing a travel doc.

braveman said:
So how long will it take to reach you once CIC dispatches?

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
fullofsunshine said:
So ridiculous! I called them today and said the card will be delayed to Feb 2014. I don't understand how hard it is to get a card.... No reason explained by the call centre agent! Get my hand on preparing a travel doc.
I totally agree with you. I landed on sep 25 but was asked to re send my photos to print the PR card. The new photos reached CIC on nov 18 and they are now saying that the processing time will be counted from the day cic received new photos and I should expect my card by Jan 15...I have to travel on Dec 26 to India and come back on Jan 24..I have decided not to apply for a travel doc as its taking a month for delhi consulate to issue the travel doc. I have asked my friend to mail the PR card to India once its delivered to my address in Canada. I am concerned if the passport will be stuck at the consulate and I will not be able to travel on time even if I receive the pr card...what is ur travel plan?

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
Ceclmo77, please let me know about the travel document time lines and also flying through London with out PR card. I have a valid US business visa.

mycecpr

Dec 16, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am a January 2013 applicant and my timelines are as below:

NOC 2174

App received - Jan 11 2013

RPRF & Bio Data received - Nov 4 2013

Medicals Received - Nov 5 2013

Medicals Done - Nov 11 2013

PPR - Nov 21 2013

PR Visa issued - Dec 6 2013

Landed - Dec 8 2013

I have 2 questions and hoping someone might have answers

1) I see that quite a few people are being asked to resend the Photos for PR card. Does CIC send this request
by mail or e-mail?

2) Is there any way that I can get the PR card delivery address changed? I gave an address while landing and I am
looking to change that address.

Thanks for you help and hoping that people get their PR cards soon. :)

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
cec4111 said:
Ceclmo77, please let me know about the travel document time lines and also flying through London with out PR card. I have a valid US business visa.
Based on the info I got from some forum members, you may get travel doc between 25-30 days. I checked with airlines and also UK immigration, you can travel via UK without a transit visa if you have a US visa., But I would suggest you to check with your airlines...

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
Seriously! You landed on Sept 25 and haven't received the card yet....Oh my,,, I don't know what to say to the system. I would suggest you to call CIC to confirm that you will receive the card by Jan 15. I can't trust their words anymore......
I'm traveling to China on Dec 27 and coming back on Jan 21. I have less timing period than yours. I just emailed Beijing Visa centre to find out the processing time. I do have another travel plan to US in Feb, too...This concerns me if I can have the card by the time I travel..... and this time I only stay for 5 days....GOD....I don't think I could receive travel doc in 5 days......too much trouble!!!

ceclmo777 said:
I totally agree with you. I landed on sep 25 but was asked to re send my photos to print the PR card. The new photos reached CIC on nov 18 and they are now saying that the processing time will be counted from the day cic received new photos and I should expect my card by Jan 15...I have to travel on Dec 26 to India and come back on Jan 24..I have decided not to apply for a travel doc as its taking a month for delhi consulate to issue the travel doc. I have asked my friend to mail the PR card to India once its delivered to my address in Canada. I am concerned if the passport will be stuck at the consulate and I will not be able to travel on time even if I receive the pr card...what is ur travel plan?