Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
06 june 2019
cec4111 said:
Thanks ceclmo77, Please update us about the process and timeline. Also flying through london to India, does it need a valid canadian visa or work permit? There are several stories about it on internet and am confused.
If u dnt have PR card don't travel thru Europe as it's trouble boarding a plane from there. Prefer ur flight thru Asia I did same

braveman

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on 15 Sep 2012; Received at CIO Sydney, NS on 20 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
06 July 2013
Med's Done....
24 July 2013; Med's Received : 07 Sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Biodata & RPRF Req : 16 Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
08 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
19 Oct 2013 at Fort Erie (Peace bridge)
fullofsunshine said:
Hopefully they are working on it soon! I will be leaving on December 29.... I landed on Oct 26, CIC call center said my card should be mailed out on Dec 6 when I called two weeks ago. I just called CIC again today and now they said my card will be delayed to Dec 19 to mail out.....
So how long will it take to reach you once CIC dispatches?

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
I have no idea, I guess it all depends on Canadapost

braveman said:
So how long will it take to reach you once CIC dispatches?

taosu

Jun 14, 2013
taosu said:
Hi guys,

Some updates on my PR card:

I landed on Oct 2nd and am still waiting. Called CIC twice last week and this week. Both agents said there's some issues with my application for PR card. They say it looks like the border officer didn't submit a complete application for me and one agent said the border officer didn't put my "landing date" in the system. They said they are requesting new information from my landing office. Looks like it's been two weeks but there's no updates! They also cannot provide an estimate on when this can be done.

I have upcoming travel in January. This is ridiculous. It's too much trouble and probably not even possible for me to apply for a travel document. And plus, I don't want to pay $50 and my time because of their fault! Is there anything I can do now to make this faster or anywhere I can complain so they can take it seriously?

Thanks!
Called CIC again just now. The lady said no update on my card yet. When I ask her how long I can expect to wait, she said she really doesn't know, could be one to two months. It's been three weeks since I called them and they initially told me the border f*cked up my PR card application.

I have travel outside of Canada scheduled for Jan and Feb. Since my work permit and work visa is still valid, I plan to use that to board the plane. What do you guys think? When I land, the guy told me as long as I make it to the border, they aren't going to refuse my entry...

I REALLY don't want to spend $50 plus a month of waiting to apply for a travel doc. Plus, my trip plans are in 3 weeks in Jan and another trip for 1 week in Feb, there won't be enough time for me to apply for travel doc anyway...

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
cec4111 said:
Thanks ceclmo77, Please update us about the process and timeline. Also flying through london to India, does it need a valid canadian visa or work permit? There are several stories about it on internet and am confused.
You will get all the details in the below link about flying via london.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

bluedhaka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 13, 2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
05/05/11 and In Process from 21/11/12
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
June 10, 2011
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
Done
Please help

1-888-242‑2100 i called this number from outside canada multiple times to know the status of my PR card. but could not reach. is there any other number? they have sent my wife's and son's card but mine one still not reached.

Secondly, If i could reach them then which ref number they will ask for PR CARD Status? I can see a Document no. in my "Confirmation of Permanent Residence". is this number they will look for?

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
bluedhaka said:
Please help

1-888-242‑2100 i called this number from outside canada multiple times to know the status of my PR card. but could not reach. is there any other number? they have sent my wife's and son's card but mine one still not reached.

Secondly, If i could reach them then which ref number they will ask for PR CARD Status? I can see a Document no. in my "Confirmation of Permanent Residence". is this number they will look for?

Please follow the below steps to reach CIC from outside Canada....

1. Dial 1-613-944-4000
2. It' will say something about foreign Trade. Wait for the message to complete
3. Then it'll will give you the menu options
4. Press "2" for "Immigration or Citizenship or obtaining visas to Canada"
5. Then it' will redirect the call to Immigration department
6. A music will be played until someone picks up your call

Options on IVR to reach CIC: 1,1,2

Once you reach CIC, they will ask for your full name, client ID, DOB and Country of Birth.

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
ceclmo777 said:
You will get all the details in the below link about flying via london.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/
Thanks, Am in the same boat as you. Have US valid visa and also a work visa which is valid, but not work permit. So let me know how your trip goes.

sali84

Jun 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2012
Med's Request
27-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-10-2012
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
29-09-2013
bluedhaka said:
Please help

This number is only valid if you are calling from within Canada.

shah0076

Jun 7, 2012
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12,2014
AOR Received.
Aug 11,2014
File Transfer...
Aug 18,2014 turn to " in process" oct 14, 2014
Med's Request
upfront May 01,2014
Med's Done....
Apri 25, 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Oct 14,2014
Dear folks,
I dont know what happen with sydney ppl i landed on 11 october and this week i got email that my photo is not proper but i took this pr photo from "black store " and they are really professional. But i send photo again rightway with register mail last week and this week i called them to ask how many days more need and that stupid ppl told it will take another 2 months is this fair . Feel like everything done but still something left !! Why they doing this folks . I suppose to get out from canada for vacation from last month but this freeking pr card not letting me go any where and i am now really pissoff this pr card system .. I am there is nothing exactly time for me that when i will get pr card and when i can take vacation .... This freeking ppl all lazy ass .... Seating there

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
Dude all of us made sure that we send professionally made photos. I don't think it's possible that so many people got it wrong and sent inappropriate photos. They are making us resend photos because that is the only way to clear up the back long, by creating another one.but this time they have official excuse, citing the fact that it was your fault of not sending correct pics.they are irresponsible motherf.ckers.I could never imaging that the government of this country found treat people like sh.t

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
shah0076 said:
Dear folks,
I dont know what happen with sydney ppl i landed on 11 october and this week i got email that my photo is not proper but i took this pr photo from "black store " and they are really professional. But i send photo again rightway with register mail last week and this week i called them to ask how many days more need and that stupid ppl told it will take another 2 months is this fair . Feel like everything done but still something left !! Why they doing this folks . I suppose to get out from canada for vacation from last month but this freeking pr card not letting me go any where and i am now really pissoff this pr card system .. I am there is nothing exactly time for me that when i will get pr card and when i can take vacation .... This freeking ppl all lazy ass .... Seating there
I am in the same situation dude...I resent my photos and reached sydney on Nov 18 and till now I have no clue about my PR card...

bluedhaka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 13, 2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
05/05/11 and In Process from 21/11/12
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
June 10, 2011
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
Done
ceclmo777 said:
Please follow the below steps to reach CIC from outside Canada....

1. Dial 1-613-944-4000
2. It' will say something about foreign Trade. Wait for the message to complete
3. Then it'll will give you the menu options
4. Press "2" for "Immigration or Citizenship or obtaining visas to Canada"
5. Then it' will redirect the call to Immigration department
6. A music will be played until someone picks up your call

Options on IVR to reach CIC: 1,1,2

Once you reach CIC, they will ask for your full name, client ID, DOB and Country of Birth.
Thank you very much!