+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
IMMI_123 said:
hi,

Which CIC phone number are you calling? Just wanted to call them and confirm my mailing address.

Thanks
That's the one you call from inside Canada: 1-888-242‑2100

shahzad395

Jan 29, 2012
Muscat Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
Doc's Request.
17-08-2012 & 2-10-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
23-01-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2013, DM on Ecas 23-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2013, received on 04-09-2013
LANDED..........
26th Sept. 2013
cecbear said:
That does not make sense. My understanding is that CIC processing times are for past applications.

Also what's the significance of October 24?
If this time period for past applicants then all September applicants should get their PR cards up to now.

silentThunder

Dec 2, 2012
Here is some piece of info that might help someone here:

Sometimes, the PR card is getting delivered at a representative's address instead of your mailing address. You may wonder that you haven't used the representative while applying for PR. But probably, for your study or work permit, you / your employer might have used representative services earlier.
Check your ecas, if your current mailing address is the one you intend to have your PR card delivered. If not, it might be a good idea to change the address right away.

I have a friend whose employer used a representative for his work permit while he applied under CEC himself. Eventually he ended up picking his PR card from the representative.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Guys,

Got the card. Sheet updated
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dGh0d2Q1VDJDOE5iRGFwZ1ZtRmdfSEE#gid=6

One request if you are updating the sheet:
Please carefully update the sheet. I noticed that my landing dates were changed. Perhaps someone deleted some cell and that impacted the whole table.

So please take care while updating and make sure that you have not changed the whole table.

Thanks.

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing. Considering the time needed for mailing, that's pretty close to 43 days CIC quoted last week. Is there a date of production or something on the card?

InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Guys,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dGh0d2Q1VDJDOE5iRGFwZ1ZtRmdfSEE#gid=6

Please carefully update the sheet. I noticed that my landing dates were changed. Perhaps someone deleted some cell and that impacted the whole table.

So please take care while updating and make sure that you have not changed the whole table.

Thanks.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
byrwus said:
Dear Friends who are at the end of the tunel.

Can you please advise how much your job description matched a HRSDC NOC description?

Was it a copy paste?
Was it exactly the same?
Was it the same but in other words?
Was it totally different and independent letter from HR and only key points match?

Thank you,
Hi Byrwus,

I'd be happy to share how my jd matched with the NOC website. But before i do that, i'd suggest that it would be lot more helpful for you, if you'd have posted this question on a completely new thread. You'd get more answers in that way if you open a new topic.

Anyways..here are my responses to your questions:

Was it a copy paste?try that, and get rejected! for sure.
Was it exactly the same?same as above.
Was it the same but in other words?same as above. Most probably, English would be officer's native language. They can easily get that and again hand you the same result....REJECTION!!

Was it totally different and independent letter from HR and only key points match?YHEESS!!! what took you so long? It should be completely your own job description. Perhaps some tasks wont even match with the jd available online. And thats fine. What they are looking for is that majority of your work should be similar to the online description.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
cecbear said:
Thanks for sharing. Considering the time needed for mailing, that's pretty close to 43 days CIC quoted last week. Is there a date of production or something on the card?
Sorry cecbear. Nope, couldn't find any dates. nothing on the envelope either. But i know for sure that the letter has some either today or thursday. And cic now posts 38 days!!! Its getting pretty fast.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
InfoSeeker12 said:
Sorry cecbear. Nope, couldn't find any dates. nothing on the envelope either. But i know for sure that the letter has some either today or thursday. And cic now posts 38 days!!! Its getting pretty fast.
Infoseeker, I landed on Sep 25 and was expecting the PR card this week but unfortunately I was requested to produce new photos. Just wanted some info from you.
Do you find any dates as to when was the letter posted from Sydney and when did it reach you. Are you placed in Toronto?
I am in a time crunch with a travel outside Canada next month and just counting every day as very important. Please help me with this info.

sali84

Jun 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2012
Med's Request
27-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-10-2012
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
29-09-2013
InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Card received. 47 days since landing...

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
It seems like a hell of a lot of people get requested to resubmit their photos. To me,they are just trying to make us wait longer. It's quite unlikely that so many people are dumb enough not to be able to produce pictures conforming to their standarts

Usver

Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 26 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 29 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 25 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 11 2013
Med's Done....
july 12 2013
Passport Req..
August 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2013
LANDED..........
September 24 2013
Hello Guys, I received my PR card last Friday, November 15. Really happy to finalize this process and became a Permanent Resident of Canada. I already up date my info in the chart...
Best wishes for all in the forum.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
ceclmo777 said:
Infoseeker, I landed on Sep 25 and was expecting the PR card this week but unfortunately I was requested to produce new photos. Just wanted some info from you.
Do you find any dates as to when was the letter posted from Sydney and when did it reach you. Are you placed in Toronto?
I am in a time crunch with a travel outside Canada next month and just counting every day as very important. Please help me with this info.
Hi CEClmo777,

Sorry didnt see your post. I dont visit the site often now.

As i mentioned to the person earlier, who asked similar question, nope there is absolutely no clue about the dates on the letter when the card was printed or sent to me. I have checked everything. No date stamps from Canadapost too. Unless there is something in the barcodes, which i have no idea how to decode.

Actually, you dont have to be in a time crunch situation. And pls forgive me, i dont know your exact situation. In most cases, you can leave the country now, yes without your PR Card.

Proceed to your home, wherever that is, and as soon as you get there, apply for the 'Travel Document'. That will enable you to re-enter Canada. You can read more about it below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

All the best.