+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
GokulGuruprasad said:
Both me and my wife got an email that the photos are not to specifications.
So we're planning to re-take the pics again tomorrow and post it to them at Nova Scotia.
Sent it to them by post yesterday evening.
New pictures taken at Shoppers Drug Mart with stamps at the back.

n8d07018

Dec 4, 2015
edilsonjr said:
What was the number used to call them?

I left Canada to prepara for definite moving and got a job offer.... I am a bit worried. My photos were rejected and they received the new ones 10 days ago.
1-888-242-2100

To expedite the process once you call,

Press 2

Press 3

Press 2

Press 0

Your call will be transfered to an agent.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I just got off the phone and was told that my card was sent out on Feb 21! I landed on Jan 16.
However, I left Canada after my landing and gave the address of a friend's friend!
So I just emailed my friend to ask him to check with his friend whether my card has arrived :(

Why have I not been informed by them (friend)? Is it normal that it would take more than 7 business days (or 9 calendar days) for a letter to arrive at a Toronto address (from wherever it was sent)?

lemondrop

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Montreal, QC
My husband and I just received our PR cards this week (mine on Monday, his today).

Just a quick question though---has anyone had any issues getting their SIN? I went yesterday to Service Canada and they couldn't give me a new SIN because apparently I wasn't in the system yet. ? Has anyone had this issue?

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Ha. You are not alone. The same happened to me. This is a very rare situation, and only happens to the 'fortunate' ones of us. I landed on Jan 16th and went to Service Canada to get my SIN on Jan 17. I was told that I could not get my SIN because there was an issue with my profile. I called CIC and concluded that it was an issue at the landing. I went back to the airport that week to see CBSA, and they found that, whoever did my landing did not click the 'Confirm' button in the system. The problem was taken care of instantly.

I suggest you do the same.

But there is a complication here. At Service Canada, upon finding that you were not in their system, did the person refer your case to the head office (by asking you to complete a paper application)? Assuming they did not, after you take care of the problem with CBSA, you can go back to Service Canada to get your SIN immediately.

But if they did make a referral and got you to complete a paper application, you will have to wait out the paper application process (4 weeks) whether you resolved the CBSA issue or not.

In my case, because the person made a referral (which I found out later, was irreversible), I had to wait 4 weeks for my SIN to arrive at my Canadian address (it would be sent to you by mail).

lemondrop said:
My husband and I just received our PR cards this week (mine on Monday, his today).

Just a quick question though---has anyone had any issues getting their SIN? I went yesterday to Service Canada and they couldn't give me a new SIN because apparently I wasn't in the system yet. ? Has anyone had this issue?

lemondrop

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Montreal, QC
ybjianada said:
Ha. You are not alone. The same happened to me. This is a very rare situation, and only happens to the 'fortunate' ones of us. I landed on Jan 16th and went to Service Canada to get my SIN on Jan 17. I was told that I could not get my SIN because there was an issue with my profile. I called CIC and concluded that it was an issue at the landing. I went back to the airport that week to see CBSA, and they found that, whoever did my landing did not click the 'Confirm' button in the system. The problem was taken care of instantly.

I suggest you do the same.

But there is a complication here. At Service Canada, upon finding that you were not in their system, did the person refer your case to the head office (by asking you to complete a paper application)? Assuming they did not, after you take care of the problem with CBSA, you can go back to Service Canada to get your SIN immediately.

But if they did make a referral and got you to complete a paper application, you will have to wait out the paper application process (4 weeks) whether you resolved the CBSA issue or not.

In my case, because the person made a referral (which I found out later, was irreversible), I had to wait 4 weeks for my SIN to arrive at my Canadian address (it would be sent to you by mail).
I'll call CIC later today to see what the issue was. They didn't make a referral, just told me to come back in a few days.

I wouldn't have to go BACK to where I landed would I? It was a 10 hour drive to/from St. Stephen and I had to rent a car so it's not really ideal having to revisit them.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
You don't have to go back to the place you landed. CIC can contact CBSA to have this issue fixed. However, this can take a while (I was told at least 6 business days). I think in your case, you should just let CIC resolve this for you.

But what did they say?

lemondrop said:
I'll call CIC later today to see what the issue was. They didn't make a referral, just told me to come back in a few days.

I wouldn't have to go BACK to where I landed would I? It was a 10 hour drive to/from St. Stephen and I had to rent a car so it's not really ideal having to revisit them.

ryanhou13

Dec 9, 2015
Hi All,

Me and My wife went to landing on Jan 21st with other 2 couple together. However, all of us got the PR card last Friday at same time except my wife. Is it normal?

Thanks

AngelsPlayer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
IELTS Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
ryanhou13 said:
Hi All,

Me and My wife went to landing on Jan 21st with other 2 couple together. However, all of us got the PR card last Friday at same time except my wife. Is it normal?

Thanks
Yes its normal and nothing to worry. She will get her PR card in a week time or If she is lucky she might even get it today

lemondrop

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Montreal, QC
ybjianada said:
You don't have to go back to the place you landed. CIC can contact CBSA to have this issue fixed. However, this can take a while (I was told at least 6 business days). I think in your case, you should just let CIC resolve this for you.

But what did they say?
I just got off the phone with IRCC and they told me there was nothing wrong with my account/PR card and that I was definitely in the system. The woman at Service Canada must have input my information incorrectly. I'm going to go on Wednesday and try getting my SIN # again. Thank you for your help!

huh

May 16, 2015
Landed 25 January 2017. Received PR card today, 7 March 2017.

Already picking up the local accent and an addiction to Nanaimo bars. :)

Reactions: manmoi31

Ananta13

Jan 12, 2017
BC
Landed 24th January at osoyoos. Received pr card today that's exactly 43days. Not bad. Good luck for those who are waiting for their card

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
For all who have gotten their PR cards, do you get an email stating that the PR card has been dispatched. I am assuming it is a NO, but wanted to confirm anyway.

Thanks in advance.

die4sky

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-June-2016
AOR Received.
30-June-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA -08-Aug-2016 AOR-2 19-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
09-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2017
LANDED..........
28-Jan-2017
GokulGuruprasad said:
Great to see people who landed around the 2nd week of January begin to get their PR cards.
I landed on the 28th of January and am eagerly waiting now.
same here landed Jan 28 and waiting.