+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
It's been already 4 months since we landed in Toronto. My daughter got her PR card but my wife and am still waiting for it. COPR has also expired. Now I need to visit back home urgently.

My question:

1) How to contact the CIC to know if they have already mailed the cards? The official number of CIC is always busy and can't talk to anyone.

2) If I apply for a travel document, my COPR has already expired. Further, the cards could also have been sent already.

Please folks, suggest some ideas. Have been in a dilemma for a long time.

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
theaniss said:
It's been already 4 months since we landed in Toronto. My daughter got her PR card but my wife and am still waiting for it. COPR has also expired. Now I need to visit back home urgently.

My question:

1) How to contact the CIC to know if they have already mailed the cards? The official number of CIC is always busy and can't talk to anyone.

2) If I apply for a travel document, my COPR has already expired. Further, the cards could also have been sent already.

1) Call 1-888-242-2100, then 7 (Express Entry) and 0 (Representative). It usually takes 5-7 min to get in touch with a representative.

2) It doesn't matter if your COPR expired, as long as you landed before the expiration date of the COPR (in other words, as long as you are a permanent resident). It also doesn't matter whether the cards have been sent or not. As long as you are outside Canada and your country needs a visa for Canada, you can apply for a travel document from Canada's embassy/consulate/visa office in your country.

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
theaniss said:

My question:

If you are going home, just have someone mail from Canada mail it to you. If you need to go back to Canada and you still don't have a PR Card, that's the time you have to apply for a travel document.

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
Thanks, that did work.

I was able to talk with an agent and he said they have sent me mail on May asking for my photograph but till now i haven't received any such mail.

Have requested him to send me an email including instructions.

Already half an hour haven't received any email.

What if i don't receive the email? Can i send out the photographs without any instructions? Will they accept it?

Appreciate your suggestions again.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:
Thanks, that did work.

I was able to talk with an agent and he said they have sent me mail on May asking for my photograph but till now i haven't received any such mail.

What if i don't receive the email? Can i send out the photographs without any instructions? Will they accept it?

Call again tmr.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:
Thanks, that did work.

When you call, they usually confirm your email and mailing address with you. Call again and make sure they have the correct information on file.

Mali_0

Oct 8, 2013
Could you please share how long did it take for Canada post to deliver PR card (specifically from Nova Scotia to Toronto)? My time line is:

- Feb 25th: Landed
- May 18th: Got photo request
- May 25th: Photo received
- June 28th: PR card sent for production
- July 4th: PR card sent out

I am really worried for possible strike or lock out. I cannot imagine waiting for another uncertain time :mad:

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
Mali_0 said:
Could you please share how long did it take for Canada post to deliver PR card (specifically from Nova Scotia to Toronto)? My time line is:

I am really worried for possible strike or lock out. I cannot imagine waiting for another uncertain time :mad:
We are on the same boat. I called today and agent told me they sent it just this morning. I don't how long it takes from Nova Scotia to Vancouver. I hope it wont take a week. Best of luck to everyone!

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mali_0 said:

If everything goes well with Canadapost, you will get it on Thursday or most likely on Friday. Good Luck!!!

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skywalker09 said:
We are on the same boat. I called today and agent told me they sent it just this morning. I don't how long it takes from Nova Scotia to Vancouver. I hope it wont take a week. Best of luck to everyone!
If everything goes well with canadapost, you will get it on Friday or most likely on next Monday. Good luck!!

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
Mali_0 said:

How you guys know the exact dates for PR card production & sent out? Teach me.

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:
How you guys know the exact dates for PR card production & sent out? Teach me.
They called the CIC call center.

Mali_0

Oct 8, 2013
sarad1 said:
They called the CIC call center.
I called CIC call centre several times. Unfortunately, the responses you get from different agents are not consistent. Some of them are not really willing to even check your profile. I have been calling every two weeks since end of April. My recommendation is to just call the call centre, but do not share with agents the information that you already have from your previous calls. This is the only way to ensure about the truth of the information they gave you.

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
theaniss said:
Thanks, that did work.

I was able to talk with an agent and he said they have sent me mail on May asking for my photograph but till now I haven't received any such mail.

What if I don't receive the email? Can I send out the photographs without any instructions? Will they accept it?

Guys, any more suggestions on this?