+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
iam_toby said:
Processing time is 80 days now.
[ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp ]
What is happening over there?!
They are on vacation in Cuba or somewhere...

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
iam_toby said:
Takes pretty long for the pr card application to show up on ECAS, huh? Though it'd be faster. I just
completed the landing a couple of days ago... looks like I'm still ways away from getting my pr card.
Indeed, it takes a long time to show up, today it is showing that processing has been completed. You never know by the time they get to your file processing times may improve again.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
iam_toby said:
Processing time is 80 days now.
[ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp ]
What is happening over there?!
Hey man, printing an ID card is cutting-edge stuff.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
iam_toby said:
I know... Printing a card a Costco takes a stunning 5 minutes. Taking pictures and checking ID included.
Thanks for reminder... I gotta go costco to do that :)

Mike1981

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
Med's Request
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2014
Interview........
Waived - RPRF January 14th 2014
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I was checking the spreadsheet that i saw a user named Gracy who landed on March 9th and already received PR card.
Is that a miracle?? Can we find him/her. i wanna know the secret behind this ;D :D

lamamyan

Oct 22, 2013
When I did my landing at the Vancouver Immigration office in downtown, the officer told me it will take up to 60 days/8 weeks (June 10) for me to receive my card. So I booked my flight back home on June 26. I just checked the processing time last night it went up from 76 to 80 days. I wonder how accurate the new PR processing time is? Do you think I can get my card before my flight on 26 June...

I am so desperate... ??? ??? ??? ???

Amy

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
Do you mean you landed march/april/may 10th?

Tbh, I know this isn't great to hear, but could you delay your flight?

Also, I forgot to get myself added to the spreadsheet, I landed on April 6th at Boundary Bay/Tsawwassen.

lamamyan

Oct 22, 2013
I landed on 11 April in Vancouver BC. I called delta to ask if I can change the date they said my ticket is on sale and I have to pay 1700 additional if I want to change the date :(

My flight returns from Shanghai - Seattle - Vancouver, do you think the airline will let me board on my flight to Seattle even without the travel document or PR card? I want to explain to them once I arrive in Seattle I will drive back to Vancouver (so I only need to show them my landing paper). But I heard without the proper entry visa for the final destination, I am allowed to board on the first flight.....

So frustrated... :(

vanbc3

Mar 28, 2014
You should be able to cancel just the Seattle - Vancouver segment of your flight (which if you're flying Delta is likely on Alaska Airlines as a code share). You will get a credit with the airline for that segment that you can use for a future flight. As long as you have a valid ESTA you will be allowed to board the flight that terminates in Seattle and then you can rent a car and drive. You can cancel that segment for a credit probably right up until 24h prior to departure so you might want to wait to see what happens just in case by some miracle you receive your card before then. Hertz has one way rentals that can be picked up in SEA and returned to YVR - I've done it before.

Another option would be to try to replace your Seattle - Vancouver segment with a segment from Seattle to Bellingham which will cut some time off of your drive.

vanbc3

Mar 28, 2014
One other thing I wanted to note here is that arriving in Canada with your COPR from an international flight is not the issue - you will be allowed to enter Canada if you fly into an airport with no PR card but just your COPR if you have not received your first permanent resident card. The issue is convincing the airline to let you board the flight. Not all flights from the US ask to see visas - they only check passports because they don't fully understand the rules. I'm not sure I would accept that level of risk myself but just thought I'd pass the information along. I'm from a visa exempt country and have flown into YVR with just the COPR 4 times after short business trips to the states.

My colleague who travels a lot for work is flying outbound from YVR to see US customers and flying back to Bellingham and renting a car from BLI back to YVR.

On a side note, it is ridiculous how long it takes them to produce these cards. And don't give me that it takes that long to make a secure document crap - if they can produce passports or Enhanced Driver Licenses in 7-10 days they can get these cards done, they have just chosen not to assign the resources to do it.

vipzy

Oct 7, 2013
Hello all,

I landed in Coutts AB on March 15 and still waiting for my PR card. I have moved to a new address recently , What do you suggest should i change me Address with CIC so that my cards are shipped to the new address? My cards should be on the verge of dispatch as i have already completed 63 days and processing time on the website says 80 days..

Please suggest what should i DO?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
vanbc3 said:
One other thing I wanted to note here is that arriving in Canada with your COPR from an international flight is not the issue - you will be allowed to enter Canada if you fly into an airport with no PR card but just your COPR if you have not received your first permanent resident card.
This is incorrect:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

In absence of a PR card:

If you plan to return in a commercial vehicle, like a plane or bus

If you plan to return to Canada in a commercial vehicle — such as a plane, train, boat or bus — you must apply for a travel document at a visa office outside Canada before you return to Canada.

You should also check with the commercial operator (for example, the airline or bus company you will be using) to see what documents they need.

vanbc3

Mar 28, 2014
If you have a visa exempt country's passport you can return to Canada by commercial airliner and present only your COPR at immigration until your receive your PR card. I've done it four times since landing, and if you sort through this forum you will see lots of people with the same experience. PR's have the right to enter Canada as long as they have met their residency obligations.