Jan 30, 2016
Passport Req..
Feb 28, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1, 2016
LANDED..........
April 5, 2016
Hi everyone!

I landed on April 5, 2016 where the boarder officer did not take my new pictures.

I wonder if I should promptly submit the pictures to them to avoid further delay. For those of you who have received a formal request, may I ask what information is required along with the pictures? Also, what is the address please?

Thanks!!!

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
Hello. I need some help. I landed on Feb 18 and waiting for PR card. I have booked a flight to Pakistan middle of next month. I called CIC and I was told that card was sent for printing on April 11 but found validation error. What is validation error? And how much time should I expect? The agent didn't say anything expect to wait until further notice. This is so stressful as I have booked ticket and will be visiting for 40 days. I checked with PRTD at Pakistan and VFS is saying the processing time is 12 weeks.

Please helm me

pheakh

Feb 25, 2016
I landed on 03 march 2016
PR card received on 25 avril 2016, exactly 53 calendar days after landing. I was never asked for new photos and the photos I submitted with PR application were 35mmx45mm.

PeachCEC

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-12-2014
Med's Request
Jan 20, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2016
Passport Req..
Feb 28, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1, 2016
LANDED..........
April 5, 2016
pheakh said:
PR card received on 25 avril 2016, exactly 53 calendar days after landing. I was never asked for new photos and the photos I submitted with PR application were 35mmx45mm.
That sounds very smooth to me! Thank you for sharing!

SZ84

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-OCT-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
17-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-Jan-2015
Med's Request
29-July-2015
Med's Done....
28-August-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-NOV-2015
LANDED..........
08-March-2016
pheakh said:
Thanks for sharing your smooth process. this seems to be the fastest PR card delivery in 2016.
can i ask which city you landed and applied for PR card ?

Leodoc

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarad1 said:
Well, that's the dilemma. The letter that I received instructs me in block letter to attach the letter with the new photos or else I will be facing processing delays. I have sent supplementary information form with my UCI number though. So I am kindda hoping that they confirm my status by checking that UCI number. However, with the way CPC-Sydney is working, it is also highly likely that they put my application in a file to be reviewed in normal processing time (which is 56 days now) and I will be receiving my PR card after 2 months instead of usual 3 weeks. In any case, the waiting continues.
I see. Hmm... Well, I can imagine what I'd have done. I'd not have taken chances and re-sent them the photos with the letter and all other documents.

Leodoc

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sdy said:
Hello. I need some help. I landed on Feb 18 and waiting for PR card. I have booked a flight to Pakistan middle of next month. I called CIC and I was told that card was sent for printing on April 11 but found validation error. What is validation error? And how much time should I expect? The agent didn't say anything expect to wait until further notice. This is so stressful as I have booked ticket and will be visiting for 40 days. I checked with PRTD at Pakistan and VFS is saying the processing time is 12 weeks.

Please helm me
I don't know if anyone can help you here. When are you planning to travel? If you have a few weeks, I suggest you keep on calling the call centre to update you. Sometimes you get an agent who would give you more information.
Regarding validation, I read this before on this forum. If I remember correctly, one person on the forum had a similar case and got the PR in one month after it was sent for validation. But that can be a different validation. Try going backwards like a couple of months in the posts and you'd find people talking about it.

pheakh

Feb 25, 2016
SZ84 said:
Thanks for sharing your smooth process. this seems to be the fastest PR card delivery in 2016.
can i ask which city you landed and applied for PR card ?
I landed in Derby Line–Rock Island Border Crossing in Quebec. It is a tiny stand point for border crossing. My PR application is in Quebec SW category. By the way, my ECAS is still showing Decision Made only. Hope you will get correspondence from CIC soon as well.

ysun044

Mar 15, 2016
My husband's wait is finally at the end...Here is a brief timeline after he landed.

Landed on Jan 19, 2016 at Ottawa CIC office
"Re-landed" at the office on March 9 due to case not "closed properly"
Rescheduled our April trip to end of May hoping PR card will arrive on time
Told by CIC agent that card was mailed out on March 24, 2016
Did not receive the card after 3 weeks, so we assumed it was lost in the mail
Applied for PRTD on April 15
PRTD application received by NY visa center on April 18
UPS picked up the return package on April 22, and we are expecting the package to be delivered today (April 26)

And then yesterday, he received the PR card in the mail!! The card's expiry is March 21 2021. It took a month to arrive...or maybe it was delivered to the wrong address and someone re-mailed it.

Hope this info is helpful!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Well my husband is still waiting for his card.
Landed November 2, 2015
Got letter for new pics April 15, 2016
Sent new pics via express post on April 21, 2016

Now just waiting, 144 days after landing and still no PR - 5 months and counting.
It is a bit of a joke that we had to wait 4 months to be told immigration needs new pictures.

Can't wait till the PR Card comes - I want to go on vacation!!! :D

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Why did your husband have to "re-land"?
My husband's ecase still shows in process and he landed and got his landed paper at Toronto Airport on November 2, 2015....

I wondering if that is what is taking so long.
We called the cic call centre and they kept asking him did you land already? I said to him I bet they don't have the appropriate paperwork from the IO at the airport. He has his landed paper so we know we are good. Perhaps paperwork just lost...

ysun044 said:
My husband's wait is finally at the end...Here is a brief timeline after he landed.

Landed on Jan 19, 2016 at Ottawa CIC office
"Re-landed" at the office on March 9 due to case not "closed properly"
Rescheduled our April trip to end of May hoping PR card will arrive on time
Told by CIC agent that card was mailed out on March 24, 2016
Did not receive the card after 3 weeks, so we assumed it was lost in the mail
Applied for PRTD on April 15
PRTD application received by NY visa center on April 18
UPS picked up the return package on April 22, and we are expecting the package to be delivered today (April 26)

And then yesterday, he received the PR card in the mail!! The card's expiry is March 21 2021. It took a month to arrive...or maybe it was delivered to the wrong address and someone re-mailed it.

Hope this info is helpful!

ysun044

Mar 15, 2016
Canadianinlove said:
Why did your husband have to "re-land"?
My husband's ecase still shows in process and he landed and got his landed paper at Toronto Airport on November 2, 2015....

I wondering if that is what is taking so long.
We called the cic call centre and they kept asking him did you land already? I said to him I bet they don't have the appropriate paperwork from the IO at the airport. He has his landed paper so we know we are good. Perhaps paperwork just lost...
When he went to get his permanent SIN in March, Service Canada couldn't find his status in their system and they suggested to contact CIC. After a couple of calls, CIC call center told my husband his file wasn't closed properly so the proceeding steps can't be triggered etc... and all they could do is to send an email to the office to close the file. Out of desperation, he went back to Ottawa CIC office and fortunately got to see another officer who signed the paper all over again. His landing date didn't change though (still shows Jan 19). He was able to get his SIN two days later, and his ecas changed from DM to Complete.

And BTW, you can apply for a PRTD for your husband if you want to take vacation before his PR card arrives. It just took a bit over a week for us to get the PRTD. Had we known about this back in March, we could've saved the $600 re-booking fee...

Good luck!

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Please let me know if there is someone who got his/her PR card after photo re-submit and received by CIC 09th-March-2016 onwards.

CIC not able to check my wife PR card photo and they say they cant see confirmation whether they receive photo or not. CIC told me what I need to do is just WAIT.
They say that staff from CIC received by DHL tracking number mean no need to worry about your photo... hope CIC really working on all of us PR cards. Hope to receive soon and GOOD LUCK all of my friends those who waiting for PR card.

Regards,
Myat

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016
Hi Myat
Have you receveid your Pr Card?
I submitted my photos on March 8th and I have called CIC several times but they say they can not give any information if it has not passed 6 months since I send them the photos. So I have to wait. :( still no Pr card. Please let me know if you have received yours!
thank you

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
Leodoc said:
I don't know if anyone can help you here. When are you planning to travel? If you have a few weeks, I suggest you keep on calling the call centre to update you. Sometimes you get an agent who would give you more information.
Regarding validation, I read this before on this forum. If I remember correctly, one person on the forum had a similar case and got the PR in one month after it was sent for validation. But that can be a different validation. Try going backwards like a couple of months in the posts and you'd find people talking about it.
My flight is in the second week of May. I couldn't find any previous post on validation error regarding PR printing. If someone has seen post on validation error please share.
Also, is it possible I can send photos in advance without being asked? What will be the impact?