08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
aug2015 said:
here you go :

cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

Its mentioning everything about rules effective from 15 mar 2016 but nothing before that , however if we need to travel to Canada before that through private vehicle , does the existing rule applies i.e. we can travel with our passport along with CORP. i know this is a common practice which a lot of people do - I read quite a number of comments here where people are in US currently and they return showing only passport and CORP. The only reason Im interested to know this because i think its an easier process than applying for a travel document.
Ok it is clear for me. All the new information is about visa exempt countries. Previously they can come and go without any card or something because they are free to travel with their passports. Now they are in the same ship with us. They have to carry cards if they travel by plane or bus. So everything same for us, different for scandinavians or us citizens.

In summary you can travel by your vehicle without pr card before march. Rules are same for us before and after march.

aug2015

Sep 18, 2015
baykus said:
Ok it is clear for me. All the new information is about visa exempt countries. Previously they can come and go without any card or something because they are free to travel with their passports. Now they are in the same ship with us. They have to carry cards if they travel by plane or bus. So everything same for us, different for scandinavians or us citizens.

In summary you can travel by your vehicle without pr card before march. Rules are same for us before and after march.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

All the very best !

aug2015

Sep 18, 2015
baykus said:
For mailing address, most probably you dont need to do anything, but you can call CIC and get confirmation of your address since you do not see it on ECAS.

I called the CIC but they asked me to go to the website and take all the info - sent me an email which again directs me to the address notification section. I believe it will be a safe choice to just update the address which I gave at the point of entry since there is no change in the address , so all it could happen is the duplication of the address thats it ?

baykus

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
aug2015 said:
I called the CIC but they asked me to go to the website and take all the info - sent me an email which again directs me to the address notification section. I believe it will be a safe choice to just update the address which I gave at the point of entry since there is no change in the address , so all it could happen is the duplication of the address thats it ?
Yes.. To be on safe side update it, no harm. But it is very strange that they did not confirm the address they see on their system. Maybe sometimes they are tired.

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
jas_to_canada said:
Here you go guys, created spreadsheet, it's easier to keep updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uc0aDcoeM1D5Ub0zuq9-mxEOnI9lYLZo67VmhC55ihk/edit?pli=1
Hi,
Can somebody update my status in spread sheet.
Landed on July 22 and today my ECAS got updated as below;
we started processing application for PR card on Sept 15.

can anybody inform how many days it will take to get PR cards after ECAS got updated as above.

thanks,

sanjayit81

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Med's Request
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
22-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
ind-it009 said:
Hi,
Can somebody update my status in spread sheet.
Landed on July 22 and today my ECAS got updated as below;
we started processing application for PR card on Sept 15.

can anybody inform how many days it will take to get PR cards after ECAS got updated as above.

thanks,
I do not see any line added in Ecas after landing about PR cards.
Landed on June 22 and got PR cards on Sep 14.

suntzubinfa

Jul 15, 2015
Just to give an update in terms of timelines.

My wife received her PR Card today. She landed on July 18. So exactly two months. The card said it was printed on September 14 so took 4 days to be delivered. Was surprised to receive it this soon not that I'm complaining :)

Jan30

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP ON MAY15,2014
AOR Received.
25-3-2014
Med's Request
09-06-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-8-2015
LANDED..........
12-8-2015
jas_to_canada said:
Here you go guys, created spreadsheet, it's easier to keep updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uc0aDcoeM1D5Ub0zuq9-mxEOnI9lYLZo67VmhC55ihk/edit?pli=1
Add me on this list:

Landed on Aug 12,2015@rainbow bridge Niagara falls.

Thanks

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
While the policies may have changed overtime - here is an interesting read from 2014

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/andy-thomas-s-permanent-resident-card-renewal-nightmare-1.2870277

"On May 6, 2014, CIC sent the permanent resident card to the mailing address that Mr. Thomas indicated on his application. However, the permanent resident card was returned to CIC as “undeliverable.”

As mentioned on the application form, if the applicant provides a mailing address that is different from their residential addresses, CIC sends all correspondence to the mailing address provided by the applicant client. The mailing address listed in Mr. Thomas’ file is still the same address where the original PR card was sent as indicated on his application.

CIC contacted Mr. Thomas yesterday. He confirmed that he would like his PR card sent to his residential address. The card has been mailed out via expedited parcel.

If he must leave Canada before receiving his PR card, he can apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) overseas to facilitate his re-entry. More information on PRTDs is available online.

The average processing time for applying for a permanent resident card is available on our website.

I apologize about the delay."

Shank_p

Sep 3, 2014
Please note my case
Landed on Niagara: 7th July, 2015
Shipped pr card: 14th September, 2015
Received: 18th September, 2015

jdn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
Dear All ,

Landed in Toronto Pearson Airport - July 1st 2015

CIC informed PR card was posted on Sept 9th 2015

Received in the mail box on 18th Sept 2015 .

Thanks for all the support from forum members .

Best of luck to all waiting .

humayunjamil

Jul 27, 2013
I had to leave Canada after landing. I am not from a visa exempt country. I have a us visa. Can I enter Canada in a rented vehicle with my COPR and passport considering the information given on the following link, as they changed the information on cic page about "I need to leave Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?"

Before, it was clearly stated on cic that you can enter with your COPR in a private vehicle. Now it is written you can only return to Canada by private vehicle if you do not have a PR card. To do so you must have other documents." When you click documents, it gets really confusing as the page says "Citizens and permanent residents of Canada, who are members of the NEXUS or FAST programs, may present their membership cards to the CBSA as proof of identity and as documents that denote citizenship, when arriving by land or marine modes only."

If it is ok, which bridge at niagra should I go through? Thanks.

balajose6

Sep 8, 2015
humayunjamil said:
I had to leave Canada after landing. I am not from a visa exempt country. I have a us visa. Can I enter Canada in a rented vehicle with my COPR and passport considering the information given on the following link, as they changed the information on cic page about "I need to leave Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?"

Before, it was clearly stated on cic that you can enter with your COPR in a private vehicle. Now it is written you can only return to Canada by private vehicle if you do not have a PR card. To do so you must have other documents." When you click documents, it gets really confusing as the page says "Citizens and permanent residents of Canada, who are members of the NEXUS or FAST programs, may present their membership cards to the CBSA as proof of identity and as documents that denote citizenship, when arriving by land or marine modes only."

If it is ok, which bridge at niagra should I go through? Thanks.
It also clearly states this rule applies only after March 2016 , so I guess we do not need to worry. I am also planning to do the same thing by traveling through borders with COPR and Passports

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
nartcr said:
Are you guessing "Called CIC and they said i can update the address, anyways they will send the card to whichever address I gave while landing"??..look page 303...there are guys who have changed PR card address change successfully, and have been notified the card will be sent to modified new address.
I meant in my case, i gave my home address in Canada, while landing, whereas it was still showing my rep address on ecas. the CIC cus rep said they might not have updated on ecas, but i can still change the address so that they will surely have an updated address. sorry for the confusion.

robal

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
Hello friends .i landed in vancouver on 9th june 2015 still waiting for pr card...on surrey address..any help please. .i have or tk some action in this regard..plz guide me