+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

I

Imam Gomaa

Dear Friend
I hope you are doing well!
I have a question:
did you submit the criminal background check from USA first with the application and it was expired then the CIC asked you for it again before granting you the PR?
As I submitted it with my application on May 2014 and we did the MR on December 2014 and I sent Schedule A (Personal History) again on December 2014 and I paid the RPRF on January 2015.
I am afraid that the one I submitted first will expire and they might ask me for another one again despite being living in Canada since May 2013 till now.
Can you recommend anything?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Yours,
Imam

sshane0123

Jan 9, 2015
soso23 said:
Our card was sent out on Jan 22 as well. When will we receive it and is it by door or do we check the mail
Box?
Hey, how did you know your card was sent out? Is there a 4th status on Esac?

helix_008

Nov 12, 2014
Hello Everyone,

This topic had helped me a lot to keep track of things and I just wanted to share the timeframe of receiving my PR card so that those who are waiting can have reference.

Landed in Pearson Airport: December 8, 2014
PR Card In Process: January 15, 2015
PR Card Mailed: January 19, 2015
PR Card Received: Today, January 26, 2015.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone who are waiting for their PR cards. Thank you :)

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
sshane0123 said:
Hey, how did you know your card was sent out? Is there a 4th status on Esac?
Yeah, it tells you when it gets mailed out.

speakvishal

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 12, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 20, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with original documents
Med's Request
Jul 24, 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 29, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2014 (Photos requested on DEC 04, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 03, 2014 (PP received on DEC 18, 2014)
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2015 <b>PR card received on Mar 23, 2015</b>
Hello Friends,

Do you have to be present at home when PR card is delivered by Canada post? In other words, do you need to sign the letter enclosing PR card to you receive it or the letter is simply dropped in your mailbox?

I and my wife, both are working and therefore, I am little concerned.

Any help is appreciated.

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
I called CIC to understand my PR card status. As per CIC agent, some issue on my COPR landing, as its not registered in their system. I landed on January 9, 2015 at vancouver airport and made exit on January 16 from Canada.

As per CIC agent, unfortunately my landing was not completed so they need stamp number(landing stamp in my passport).
Since I have applied for travel document along with original passport to reenter Canada, I dont have that passport stamping details.

Experts and seniors, please advice on this situation.

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
cruiser06 said:
I called CIC to understand my PR card status. As per CIC agent, some issue on my COPR landing, as its not registered in their system. I landed on January 9, 2015 at vancouver airport and made exit on January 16 from Canada.

As per CIC agent, unfortunately my landing was not completed so they need stamp number(landing stamp in my passport).Can any one pls advice
Since I have applied for travel document along with original passport to reenter Canada, I dont have that passport stamping details.

Experts and seniors, please advice on this situation.

steveD

Dec 4, 2012
Hello All,

I landed on 13 december at Rainbow Bridge.

My online status is shown "In Process" now with following lines.

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 13, 2014.

2.We started processing your application on January 22, 2015.

3.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 26, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Hopefully i receieve PR card by friday. :D :D :D

Thanks,
Steve

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
steveD said:
Hello All,

I landed on 13 december at Rainbow Bridge.

My online status is shown "In Process" now with following lines.

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 13, 2014.

2.We started processing your application on January 22, 2015.

3.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 26, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Hopefully i receieve PR card by friday. :D :D :D

Thanks,
Steve
Steve, when did you get your first line? how many days after landing

steveD

Dec 4, 2012
cruiser06 said:
Steve, when did you get your first line? how many days after landing
Hi Cruiser06,

I think, i got all three lines today, Because i checked my status yesterday evening but it was nothing updated.

When i check this morning, i saw all three lines appearing under "In PROCESS" status. :p :p

Thanks,
Steve

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
steveD said:
Hi Cruiser06,

I think, i got all three lines today, Because i checked my status yesterday evening but it was nothing updated.

When i check this morning, i saw all three lines appearing under "In PROCESS" status. :p :p

Thanks,
Steve
Grt, My SIN number is on hold as they are unable to validate mg COPR and landing. I called CIC yesterday again. They said its not registered in the system. Not sure whats the issue

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
steveD said:
Hi Cruiser06,

When i check this morning, i saw all three lines appearing under "In PROCES
Steve
Hi Steve,
Please let me know how were you checking the status of PR card. Was it same way by entering UCI number in ecas or COPR document number starting with "T".
Morever, did u face any SIN issues. After how many days of landing did you applied for SIN.

steveD

Dec 4, 2012
cruiser06 said:
Hi Steve,
Please let me know how were you checking the status of PR card. Was it same way by entering UCI number in ecas or COPR document number starting with "T".
Morever, did u face any SIN issues. After how many days of landing did you applied for SIN.
Hi Cruiser06,

Yes, you can check the status of PR card using the same way you check your status of your application. There will be another section added below your application status section.

i got my new SIN number on MONDAY 26 January 2015.

i applied on 17 December 2014.

Yes i face issue when i went for SIN card application, the system didn't allow them to go further after entering my basic information, so they filed the paper application on very same day, and told me that it will take 3-4 week for new SIN number.

Thanks,
Steve