+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card 2019.......timeline, landing etc

Sands1290

Jun 15, 2019
Did the landing interview yesterday July 23 at Canada Place.
The interviewer told me it would take 2-3 weeks from PR card to arrive.

Linked GCKey for PR card and now it says "Submitted"
Hi,
I had my landing interview on same day at Etobicoke office. I'm just wondering what is this linking gckey to pr card. Btw I don't have access to my account as it is handled by my immigration lawyer. Please help is there any other way to track the pr card. If yes please let me know how to do it.

yonggim1219

Jul 24, 2017
Hi,
I had my landing interview on same day at Etobicoke office. I'm just wondering what is this linking gckey to pr card. Btw I don't have access to my account as it is handled by my immigration lawyer. Please help is there any other way to track the pr card. If yes please let me know how to do it.
From what I know there is no other way to track PR Card application other than GC Key. I have done the application myself so I found out through GC Key.

SUMIT1075

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2015
File Transfer...
23/06/2015
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2015
LANDED..........
soon
Landed at Coutts,AB
July 25th
Waiting for PR card.......

Rshubhamthakur

Mar 7, 2019
Hi,
PR card application is seperate application than your PR application.
My lawyer had access to my PR application so I was not able to link it to my CIC account however I able to link my PR card application to my CIC account

tailheart

Sep 18, 2018
soft landing on July 27
linked to cic and status is submitted now
hope I can get pr card by end of August, before I move to another city

random1992

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
01-06-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
Landed: 15 July 2019
PR card approved and mailed: 29 July 2019
Receive PR card:2 August 2019
Mission complete:)

Reactions: Sands1290

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Landed in Coutts, AB: Aug 01, 2019
PR card application linked and waiting.
Wondering if it's too risky to book international flight for Aug 24.

YTJ

Aug 6, 2019
No problem buddy u can travel u can apply eta visa just 7 doller fees
Wait, you can't enter Canada with eTA anymore since your status is permanent residence.
They linked your passport, PR status and eTA. You should be rejected even when you try to board airplanes to back to canada.
I think you have 3 choices. One is waiting for your PRcard. Second is to plan to enter Canada by private vehicle.(You can't take any commercial carrier without PR card or travel document)
The last is to get travel document. This option is taking long time though.(You have to send your passport to the visa office where you stay)

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
PR card application is seperate application than your PR application.
My lawyer had access to my PR application so I was not able to link it to my CIC account however I able to link my PR card application to my CIC account
Why we need to do a PR card application once the landing interview is done everyone get the PR card automatically in the mail i never heard about PR card application...its only done if you are renewing your PR card its not for first time PR holders

The PR card is issued as part of the PR process i am not sure we need to submit application for PR card that's weird

Rshubhamthakur

Mar 7, 2019
Why we need to do a PR card application once the landing interview is done everyone get the PR card automatically in the mail i never heard about PR card application...its only done if you are renewing your PR card its not for first time PR holders

The PR card is issued as part of the PR process i am not sure we need to submit application for PR card that's weird
Its not mandatory that you have to link it to your CIC account and its not submitting a new application rather its just linking your PR card application the one that started once you landed.You will recieved your PR card anyway even if you link or link. Its just kind of tracking that will let you when they mailed your PR card.
But your intial card has application process too you can link it to CIC account via your UCI number and some other information.