+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Oath Invitation - VANCOUVER OFFICE Timelines

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Still waiting for oath invitation from my end. Anyone's got any updates?
Still waiting for DM since my test on Jan 25 this year (2 months and counting).
No idea what’s going on with the Vancouver VO. I’m gonna renew my PR card at this rate.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Cool, cool. My oath ceremony (Today, march 23rd) came and went with still no notice, email, or letter. Despite emailing them and calling CIC (agent sent an urgent email on my behalf) last week, and Monday. Lol. To be fair, I never expect it to be simple or straightforward when it comes to CIC, so I'm only marginally disappointed.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
No idea what’s going on with the Vancouver VO. I’m gonna renew my PR card at this rate.
I would. Most people at Vancouver VO take about 3-6 months from test to DM. And then there's the whole issue of the ceremony itself, if you're lucky enough to actually get the invite ;) Lol. IMO, I highly suggest renewing your PR.

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
Same boat here buddy, our timelines are surprisingly similar.
I'm expecting DM by first week April, based on an average of recent applications getting DM from test. (66~72 days range)

In my case my BG Check expired two weeks ago, and I'm assuming that's likely the case for most December applicants with AOR in February.

In going to be quite concerned if April goes by and we get no updates...

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
I'm expecting DM by first week April, based on an average of recent applications getting DM from test. (66~72 days range)

In my case my BG Check expired two weeks ago, and I'm assuming that's likely the case for most December applicants with AOR in February.

My test has been marked as "complete" since February 15 (along with my BG verification), but I've been waiting for my language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions to be complete since then.

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other
I would. Most people at Vancouver VO take about 3-6 months from test to DM. And then there's the whole issue of the ceremony itself, if you're lucky enough to actually get the invite ;) Lol. IMO, I highly suggest renewing your PR.
Just read about you not getting your oath email. That is so extremely unfortunate. So frustrating!
Hope you get some information from vancouver soon.

Just about to mail my PR Card Renewal. Can’t deal with the added nerves of having an expired PR Card (and an expired passport which i cannot renew at the moment).

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other

Yea maybe the same officer is working on both our files. Who knows. My BG check also expired March 11 so i hope that doesn’t push this process even further.
Hopefully spring will turn over a new leaf for us and we get some progress!!

Nov 17, 2021
Thought I would share my oath timeline here too.

AOR: Feb 8, 2021
Test taken: Nov 22, 2021
DM: Feb 22, 2022
1st Oath update on tracker for Oath April 1st: Mar 21, 2022 (never got invite email)
2nd Oath update on tracker and invite email: Mar 25, 2022
Oath is scheduled for April 8, 2022

I had called them on why there were 2 Oath updates, apparently the 1st scheduled oath was canceled on their end.

i was told that the invite email is the official one, if the online tracker shows a date but you didn’t get the invite email then they could still change it for their internal scheduling reasons. Also if you didn’t get an email invite 7 business days prior to what the online tracker shows, you can call them and they can ask the local office to send the email invite.

good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: vvarma

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Thought I would share my oath timeline here too.

AOR: Feb 8, 2021
Test taken: Nov 22, 2021
DM: Feb 22, 2022
1st Oath update on tracker for Oath April 1st: Mar 21, 2022 (never got invite email)
2nd Oath update on tracker and invite email: Mar 25, 2022
Oath is scheduled for April 8, 2022

I had called them on why there were 2 Oath updates, apparently the 1st scheduled oath was canceled on their end.

i was told that the invite email is the official one, if the online tracker shows a date but you didn’t get the invite email then they could still change it for their internal scheduling reasons. Also if you didn’t get an email invite 7 business days prior to what the online tracker shows, you can call them and they can ask the local office to send the email invite.

good luck everyone!
CONGRATS! And thanks for your valuable post, will certainly help few forum members stuck in similar situations.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
CONGRATS! And thanks for your valuable post, will certainly help few forum members stuck in similar situations.
From your signature, you asked for urgent processing.

Did IRCC inform you that , your UP request is approved, and then you see quick progress made on your application soon after?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
From your signature, you asked for urgent processing.

Did IRCC inform you that , your UP request is approved, and then you see quick progress made on your application soon after?
No, they never informed me. Its only after I started seeing sudden and successive movements on my statuses, I called them to confirm the approval.