AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I got my second oath invitation for March 23rd.. Can't attend this time either so I rescheduled it.
They've let you reschedule twice and now you're going it ask them to reschedule it again?

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other
So managed to get a ghost update today. Vancouver VO applied Nov 02 2020.

Background check and Citizenship Test have been completed for a while now.
My guess is my BGC expired in March so that got updated or about to get hit with a FP request.
Or if my IRCC stars align then it could be DM.
Who knows at this point.

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
I can feel you buddies who has been waiting 2-3 years for citizenship. I am really sorry to hear that. is it the same processing type with refugees who came to canada before 2012? it takes forever to get hearing date but those who came after 2013 was about 6 months to get a hearing date. I don't know how they process it. and NOW, they put 27 months as processing time. This is confusing.

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Same boat here buddy, our timelines are surprisingly similar.
I'm expecting DM by first week April, based on an average of recent applications getting DM from test. (66~72 days range)

In my case my BG Check expired two weeks ago, and I'm assuming that's likely the case for most December applicants with AOR in February.

In going to be quite concerned if April goes by and we get no updates...
Hey bud. Did you get any update on your application?

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
Hey bud. Did you get any update on your application?
Nope. I went to check the second I saw your post.

Seems like your application is following along with my estimation. I hope mine is next.

When did you take the test?

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Nope. I went to check the second I saw your post.

Seems like your application is following along with my estimation. I hope mine is next.

When did you take the test?
I hope that you get it soon. I realized a ghost update means something significant willl happen soon so maybe also look out for that.
I wrote the test on January 23 2022. So around the same time as you did.

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
One step further. What do you think the estimate is between DM and Oath Invite? I’m looking at between 2 weeks to 2 months. But again anything is possible.
I have the following dates:
May 12, 2022 - Unlikely best case scenario
Jun 07, 2022 - Starting range in which we can likely expect the Oath Letter
Jun 14, 2022 - From this date onwards the chance of receiving the the Oath Letter increases a lot.
Jun 20, 2022 - If no letter is received from here, then the chance of us going into exception case and having to wait a long time starts increasing.

In other words, it's almost guaranteed to be a 2 month wait at the very least.

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Got an invitation today via email to attend the Virtual Oath Ceremony on May 3rd. Vancouver Office here.

Tracker still states Oath Ceremony not started.

Finally!

Last edited:

sheida2

Nov 25, 2017
Hello guys! I have also applied for citizenship from Vancouver and i have a question that when BGC get expires? After 1 year from AOR date?

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
Hello guys! I have also applied for citizenship from Vancouver and i have a question that when BGC get expires? After 1 year from AOR date?
BGC expires a year after it's been complete. When it does expire, and your process is still in progress, they'll request another one without input from you, unless a finger print is needed.

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Oath Ceremony was pretty smooth. Around 75 people attended. Took a total of only 1.5 hours.
Approx how long does everyone get their certificate in nowadays?