+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Oath Ceremony

Engmmh

Nov 28, 2018
Hi,

I am in the same situation, I have been waiting for the oath for 8 weeks now. Both me and my spouse LPP completed on December 16th. I called IRCC this morning and there is no update on the oath. BTW my office is Niagara.
Let's hope for the best

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi,

I am in the same situation, I have been waiting for the oath for 8 weeks now. Both me and my spouse LPP completed on December 16th. I called IRCC this morning and there is no update on the oath. BTW my office is Niagara.
Let's hope for the best
Seems like only applications with LPP completed between end of October and mid December are affected by this delay. It’s now been 10 weeks for me.

Anyone here got any news lately?

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
I will complete 15 months in 2 days and here are the last updates from my MP:

• my file currently processing at the Vancouver Citizenship Office
  • All assessments passed – waiting for final decision (Background, LPP, and Citizenship test completed) also had ID verification interview two months ago.
  • Nothing requested
  • Non-routine file – The agent was not able to say why but did say the office was following up with Partner organizations
  • Group application
  • An urgent processing request was received on November 3, 2023
Here are two things i don't understand:

1- what is the group application and how bad is that to be in a group application
2-Something is holding up my file, but the agent was not able to tell my MP what it is. They did mention that they are waiting for a partner organization. Any idea what is partner organization?

Appreciate your response!

Reactions: hemeda2

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017

• All assessments passed – waiting for final decision (Background, LPP, and Citizenship test completed) also had ID verification interview two months ago.
  • Nothing requested
  • Non-routine file – The agent was not able to say why but did say the office was following up with Partner organizations
  • Group application

1- what is the group application and how bad is that to be in a group application
2-Something is holding up my file, but the agent was not able to tell my MP what it is. They did mention that they are waiting for a partner organization. Any idea what is partner organization?

1) Are you a single applicant or did you apply with someone else (i.e spouse?). My husband and I are in a group application, been waiting for Oath as well.
2) This I have no idea sorry :( I hope someone has any insight for you!

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Seems like only applications with LPP completed between end of October and mid December are affected by this delay. It’s now been 10 weeks for me.

Anyone here got any news lately?
I got a ghost update on Feb 1, but no oath. Also, my GCMS notes said there was a system glitch that showed my payment as outstanding in early January, which might have prevented my file from automatically going to oath queue.

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
1) Are you a single applicant or did you apply with someone else (i.e spouse?). My husband and I are in a group application, been waiting for Oath as well.
2) This I have no idea sorry :( I hope someone has any insight for you!
I'm a single applicant!

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017

• Nothing requested
  • Group application

Partner organizations could be related to security clearance(CSIS, RCMP etc), or immigration status( IRCC questions about PR status ).

Even after LPP, there is one final check just before the oath to ensure nothing has come up recently that makes you ineligible.

Reactions: Debby25

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
Hi,

Let's hope for the best
Any updates on your oath ceremony? me becoming 3 months after LPP is completed.