+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Oath Ceremony

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Trying to figure this out

a) If it's a group application they might be waiting on the other applicants to finish all required assessments to send a combined oath invite
b) They might be waiting to send the oath invite to the closest office to your home address
c) They may not have enough spots available for oath so they might send it to another office to send out an oath invite
d) As long as it's within processing time (15 months) it can take couple months to get the oath invite
a) Single applicant, so it doesn't apply
b) I assume that's Mississauga, since I basically live there. I wouldn't be worried if it weren't because other people from the same office who applied later than me got their invites almost right away.
c) I think this is definitely possible, my GCMS notes said my paper file was 'in transit,' I just ordered another set of GCMS notes so if I've changed offices, I should know soon
d) It's been over 2 months already, and I've seen people waiting since Feb-March 2023 so...Yeah, this might take quite some time.

It's very frustrating, but I can only wait and see what happens. Up to LPP my application was processed very fast, so I'm pretty sure I somehow got a weird case of falling through the cracks. It'll get sorted out eventually.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Trying to figure this out

a) Single applicant, so it doesn't apply
b) I assume that's Mississauga, since I basically live there. I wouldn't be worried if it weren't because other people from the same office who applied later than me got their invites almost right away.
c) I think this is definitely possible, my GCMS notes said my paper file was 'in transit,' I just ordered another set of GCMS notes so if I've changed offices, I should know soon
d) It's been over 2 months already, and I've seen people waiting since Feb-March 2023 so...Yeah, this might take quite some time.

It's very frustrating, but I can only wait and see what happens. Up to LPP my application was processed very fast, so I'm pretty sure I somehow got a weird case of falling through the cracks. It'll get sorted out eventually.
On point c) my file was transferred from Scarborough to Mississauga due to overflow of work. I only found this out by calling IRCC so this information is definitely something the Agent can confirm with you over the phone and he/she can also confirm what "in-transit" mean. That's what I always do whenever i see weird notations on GCMS I don't get - our tax dollars are paying their salary so might as well put them to work. lol

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Whats the difference between ATIP and GCMS ? how do I apply ?
ATIP is the equivalent of Freedom of Information Act in the US or RTI in India. You are petitioning IRCC to release the info they have on your application. GCMS is the application tracking system and the 'notes' are comments that the system leaves, or the officer leaves, as your application travels through AOR, Test, LLP, through to ceremony.

You can apply for your GCMS notes via the ATIP program by visiting here:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

somewhere in the middle of the process, it will ask under which act we would like to apply for. Choose privacy act.

remaining steps are pretty straightforward. It's about $5 and you need to use a credit card and have your PR card scan copy ready to upload.

Reactions: Hansanta and Ravi26

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
ATIP is the equivalent of Freedom of Information Act in the US or RTI in India. You are petitioning IRCC to release the info they have on your application. GCMS is the application tracking system and the 'notes' are comments that the system leaves, or the officer leaves, as your application travels through AOR, Test, LLP, through to ceremony.

You can apply for your GCMS notes via the ATIP program by visiting here:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

somewhere in the middle of the process, it will ask under which act we would like to apply for. Choose privacy act.

remaining steps are pretty straightforward. It's about $5 and you need to use a credit card and have your PR card scan copy ready to upload.
Someone in a another thread requested both notes and they were exactly the same. I did the same this time around, but still waiting.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I have been waiting for LLP since Nov 27th from Mississauga office. I applied in September and I see oaths are scheduled for some applicants from Sept/ Oct who got their LLP's in December.
I applied for GCMS notes on my file today. Hopefully that'll provide some clues. Or at least it'll give me some sense of mental relief that I did everything I could do to peek behind the curtains and see where the file is.

Ravi26

Apr 6, 2021
I applied for GCMS notes on my file today. Hopefully that'll provide some clues. Or at least it'll give me some sense of mental relief that I did everything I could do to peek behind the curtains and see where the file is.
Hello
Thank you for the information on gcms . I just applied for it and they did not charge me 5 dollars through privacy act.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

Ravi26

Apr 6, 2021
I understand what you are saying. I just want to know what's happening to my file. I also see mississauga office is really slow in processing oath. Hope we get some clarity from the gcms notes.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Thank you for sharing!

I have a ‘group’ application, but it is just me and my husband and we both have everything completed except Oath Ceremony.

I was in contact with a person who did the interview the same day as me, we got LPP completed same day, we are from the same office - but they had their Oath ceremony before Christmas so by now they probably have the passport in hand.

So why for some people take much longer seem very random to me.
Thank you for sharing your story, it confirms that their assigning Oath at random. Luck of the draw and that's so messed up. Which office is processing your application?

Kami194

May 2, 2022
There is no logic or reason behind this, my office is London, we are a family app of 3 and all had our decisions made on November 15th, it’s been over two month that we are waiting for oath and a year in total. I think the queue is non existent and it’s purely random and based on your luck cause in the same office i know guys who received oath within first two weeks after LPP. It’s so frustrating and there is literally nothing we can do until we reach 15 month and call ircc and they can expedite on their end.

Reactions: aaldush and Debby25

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
There is no logic or reason behind this, my office is London, we are a family app of 3 and all had our decisions made on November 15th, it’s been over two month that we are waiting for oath and a year in total. I think the queue is non existent and it’s purely random and based on your luck cause in the same office i know guys who received oath within first two weeks after LPP. It’s so frustrating and there is literally nothing we can do until we reach 15 month and call ircc and they can expedite on their end.
Contact your local MP to call Ottawa on your behalf. That's what I had to do.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I completely agree with you.

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
Mine will be 15 months in Two weeks, quite honestly I don't think I will still be able to do anything about it.

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Mine will be 15 months in Two weeks, quite honestly I don't think I will still be able to do anything about it.
WHAT? you have been waiting to receive Oath for almost 15 months??? Seriously??