+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Oath Ceremony

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
my LPP was completed in November last year and had an interview with the IRCC agent for the verification of identity/documents on December 11. I've been waiting for the invitation for the oath ceremony since then. Does anyone know how long it typically takes to receive the invitation after the interview? Thank you,

Reactions: Kami194

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
What processing office are you? It seems it's not unsual for it to take 4-6 weeks after LPP to receive oath invitation, plus it was the hoidays during the last 4 weeks.

Did you receive e-certificate instructions yet?

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
What processing office are you? It seems it's not unsual for it to take 4-6 weeks after LPP to receive oath invitation, plus it was the hoidays during the last 4 weeks.

Did you receive e-certificate instructions yet?
I haven't received anything since the interview. e-certificate instructions don't come after oath?

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
I haven't received anything since the interview. e-certificate instructions don't come after oath?
Did you select e-certificate or paper certificate when you applied? It seems now some people (me included) receive e-certificate instructions before receiving oath invite. I'm not sure if that's the case for everybody though.

My LPP was complete on Jan 5th and I received e-certificate instructions yesterday. Still waiting for any oath updates.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I have been waiting for oath invite from mississauga office as well for 6 weeks. Someone else has been been waiting for 7 weeks and another for 11 weeks. mississauga has been very slow in sending oath invites to older applicants and focusing on applicants from Sept/Oct 2023. so fucked up

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I have been waiting for Oath invitation for 6 weeks as well. Mississauga office.

I don’t think it’s because of the Holidays because I know people who got their LPP completed after me and already have their Oath date or even have had the Oath ceremony.

So I don’t know why for us it’s taking so long.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Been waiting for Oath for 10 weeks. Mississauga office.

Maybe we all just got one of those ghost IRCC agents..?
God I hope not!
I think there was a way to see the code of the agent working on the application, was it the GCMS notes?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
God I hope not!
I think there was a way to see the code of the agent working on the application, was it the GMCS notes?
Yes, but it's kind of useless after LPP completion. Plus your file will circle through different agents depending on the stage of the application.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Yes, but it's kind of useless after LPP completion. Plus your file will circle through different agents depending on the stage of the application.
Yeah, that’s what I thought. Well, let’s keep each other updated and hope to have good news soon.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I called IRCC again and got a relatively helpful rep. He explained there could be number of reasons why an application may not have received an oath ceremony:
a) If it's a group application they might be waiting on the other applicants to finish all required assessments to send a combined oath invite
b) They might be waiting to send the oath invite to the closest office to your home address
c) They may not have enough spots available for oath so they might send it to another office to send out an oath invite
d) As long as it's within processing time (15 months) it can take couple months to get the oath invite

Various factors are involved in each application (this is something i'm sure we all have heard by now) for individuals who got their application processed seemingly faster versus another application.
1) Some might be urgent applications
2) Could be because all requirements were met and it was a straight forward application
3) Every application is different

All in all - nothing truly helpful but I'm part of a group application so the Agent thought that's the possible reason for the delay even though Adult applications are still processed separately sometimes they try to keep the group applications together for Oath. Unfortunately this is back firing on me big time since I'm done all my assessments and the other application is still all gray/in-progress.

I'm going to request to separate my file from the group - which also can take time and the decision is at the officer's discretion. i hate this entire process hahaha.

Reactions: Kami194 and Debby25

Ravi26

Apr 6, 2021
I have been waiting for LLP since Nov 27th from Mississauga office. I applied in September and I see oaths are scheduled for some applicants from Sept/ Oct who got their LLP's in December.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I called IRCC again and got a relatively helpful rep. He explained there could be number of reasons why an application may not have received an oath ceremony:
a) If it's a group application they might be waiting on the other applicants to finish all required assessments to send a combined oath invite
b) They might be waiting to send the oath invite to the closest office to your home address
c) They may not have enough spots available for oath so they might send it to another office to send out an oath invite
d) As long as it's within processing time (15 months) it can take couple months to get the oath invite

Various factors are involved in each application (this is something i'm sure we all have heard by now) for individuals who got their application processed seemingly faster versus another application.
1) Some might be urgent applications
2) Could be because all requirements were met and it was a straight forward application
3) Every application is different

All in all - nothing truly helpful but I'm part of a group application so the Agent thought that's the possible reason for the delay even though Adult applications are still processed separately sometimes they try to keep the group applications together for Oath. Unfortunately this is back firing on me big time since I'm done all my assessments and the other application is still all gray/in-progress.

I'm going to request to separate my file from the group - which also can take time and the decision is at the officer's discretion. i hate this entire process hahaha.
Thank you for sharing!

I have a ‘group’ application, but it is just me and my husband and we both have everything completed except Oath Ceremony.

I was in contact with a person who did the interview the same day as me, we got LPP completed same day, we are from the same office - but they had their Oath ceremony before Christmas so by now they probably have the passport in hand.

So why for some people take much longer seem very random to me.