+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors visa with Work permit visa ongoing

Jules22

Apr 2, 2022
I have a valid visitors visa which will soon expire. And right now I have an ongoing Home Support Worker work permit visa application in the process since Jan 2022 though I haven't received any update.
My question is- can I put in to renew my regular visiting visa while the work permit permit is still undergoing process which obviously takes a long time? As I want to go on a 3 weeks vacation with my family.
Please help with a knowledgeable response and advise so I don't make a mistake to jeopardise my applications. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a valid visitors visa which will soon expire. And right now I have an ongoing Home Support Worker work permit visa application in the process since Jan 2022 though I haven't received any update.
My question is- can I put in to renew my regular visiting visa while the work permit permit is still undergoing process which obviously takes a long time? As I want to go on a 3 weeks vacation with my family.
Please help with a knowledgeable response and advise so I don't make a mistake to jeopardise my applications. Thank you
Yes, you can apply for a new TRV.

Note that new TRV processing times are very long right now and it may be several months before you have an answer.

Also note that re-entery into Canada is not guaranteed with a TRV alone and will be up to CBSA. If you have been in Canada for a number of months now as a visitor, it may be "safer" to extend your visitor status and avoid leaving Canada until the work permit is approved.

Jules22

Apr 2, 2022
Yes, you can apply for a new TRV.

Note that new TRV processing times are very long right now and it may be several months before you have an answer.

Also note that re-entery into Canada is not guaranteed with a TRV alone and will be up to CBSA. If you have been in Canada for a number of months now as a visitor, it may be "safer" to extend your visitor status and avoid leaving Canada until the work permit is approved.
Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate.
I am presently outside (Nigeria) but will visit Canada before the end of the year for a 2 weeks vacation and come back. My visiting visa will expire in Jan 2023 and then I would need to renew in order to go on a vacation with my family April 2023.