+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
FRUSTRATED.ADI said:
Thank you Bryanna for all your help.

Your advise is always on point. You told me that chances for my wife to get TRV approved are low as she also has a PR application in process.

This has been confirmed by the CIC today.

After waiting for 77 days for a decision on my wife TRV application yesterday I finally contacted my MP to request an update regarding the application and the reason for the delay.

My MP's office just contacted me back and informed me that the reason why the application is taking such a long time to get processed is that the application has been marked as a Non Routine file and referred for Federal review. The reason why the Application was made Non Routine file is that my wife's PR application is currently under process. There is no timeframe as to how long it takes to process Non Routine file.

At least now I know the reason for the delay in the processing of the TRV application. I thought that TRV application could either be approved or declined but now I know that CIC can also mark application as Non Routine files if the visa officer can not make a decision.

I hope that my ordeal can provide members of this group some insight into the working of CIC.
Hi Adi,

It doesn't make sense to mark her application as 'Non-routine' because that mostly happens to citizenship applications in certain situations. Unless I have missed something

I suggest you email the Bangkok visa office requesting them to let you know if they require any additional information to make a decision. Hopefully the email will get things moving. You could also send a CSE to the Bangkok visa office.

I suspect the BKK visa office has sought some information about your wife's PR app from NDVO and maybe that is delaying matters

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
enkarthik said:
Thank you once again Brynna.
I was just waiting for the status of Visitor visa all these days thinking I could apply for inland PR. But now it has been long wait and waste of time.
Inland PR is not a good idea as it would be risky for her to leave Canada until her PR application processing is completed

kumarthakur

May 1, 2017
hello everybody

i applied for TRV on 4 th of april from liberia . stay waiting ! now i need to go to india . so if i receive Passport submission request during my stay in india so what should i do at that time ?

kumarthakur

May 1, 2017
kumarthakur said:
hello everybody

i applied for TRV online at 4 th of april from liberia . stay waiting ! now i need to go to india . so if i receive Passport submission request during my stay in india so what should i do at that time ?

karenr

Apr 7, 2017
SC89 said:
Hi Everyone,

Just an update. My mom just got passport request . Applied online from Canada on April 27th. Got passport request today May 05.

So happy. Hope Everyone hear good news soon.

thank you all. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Question, Did you apply for your mom online in Canada as an application within Canada OR online application outside Canada. My boyfriends application is online outside Canada and we are still waiting from April 6th. Thanks~

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
kumarthakur said:
i applied for TRV on 4 th of april from liberia . stay waiting ! now i need to go to india . so if i receive Passport submission request during my stay in india so what should i do at that time ?
If you get a passport request then contact both visa offices to confirm that you can submit your passport in India. You can then submit the passport to the nearest VFS in India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
oho_livinonaprayer said:
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my initial post. This long wait for the Visa has been arduous , and my anxiety was getting the better of me.
Thanks for letting me know about the Case Specific Enquiry. I'll make sure it's filled and submitted on monday morning. Will post what happens. I have tried Email and fax, but I never expected that to work. Will definitely try CSE. *fingers crossed*
I suggest you contact the visa office through an email again in addition to the CSE. Emails seem to have expedited getting decisions for some people.

Do send the email to the correct visa office for your region/state.

If you've applied for a Business TRV then do include evidence of your plane tickets + anything else that indicates an expedited decision would be appreciated

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Bryanna said:
This is a standard automated response. It is not the actual response to your CSE.

You can send an email to NDVO if that's the visa office for your state/region. You will not get any answers if you call
Not sure if New Delhi would be processing it or Kolkotta? My state is closer to Kolkotta. Wondering if Kolkotta still processes visitor visa applications there?

Regards
Anshuman

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
atripnc said:
Not sure if New Delhi would be processing it or Kolkotta? My state is closer to Kolkotta. Wondering if Kolkotta still processes visitor visa applications there?
The Canadian Consulate in Kolkata provides consular services to only Canadian citizens. It does not process visas

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Bryanna said:
The Canadian Consulate in Kolkata provides consular services to only Canadian citizens. It does not process visas
This would mean NDVO then? Thank you for the reply. :)

manstar85

Apr 26, 2017
Attn: Bryanna

I am here on a work permit and I applied for a TRV for my wife which has been in processing now since 7th April. I raised a CSE with Delhi Immigration:

I've applied for a visitor visa on the 7th of April, bearing application number: VXXXXXXXXX, the application is past the estimated processing time of 20 days by over a week and I wanted to check whether the consulate has any concerns with regards to the application or any documents that I could provide to expedite the processing.
I would highly appreciate if you could expedite the processing since I have not seen my husband in months as he is on assignment there

and received the following response:

Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, our processing times are longer than usual.
In the interests of fairness, applications are processed in the order in which they are received, thus we are unable to accommodate your request for expedited processing.

I am just wondering whether I can do anything at all to actually get this moving ? they were very prompt with the response but did not clarify why the application was taking time.
I am not sure if my email would actually direct their attention to the case.

Please Guide

Thanks !!

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
manstar85 said:
Attn: Bryanna

I am here on a work permit and I applied for a TRV for my wife which has been in processing now since 7th April. I raised a CSE with Delhi Immigration:

I've applied for a visitor visa on the 7th of April, bearing application number: VXXXXXXXXX, the application is past the estimated processing time of 20 days by over a week and I wanted to check whether the consulate has any concerns with regards to the application or any documents that I could provide to expedite the processing.
I would highly appreciate if you could expedite the processing since I have not seen my husband in months as he is on assignment there

and received the following response:

Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, our processing times are longer than usual.
In the interests of fairness, applications are processed in the order in which they are received, thus we are unable to accommodate your request for expedited processing.

I am just wondering whether I can do anything at all to actually get this moving ? they were very prompt with the response but did not clarify why the application was taking time.

Please Guide

Thanks !!
U atleast received this reply we dint even receive one.

I applied on march 15

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
manstar85 said:
This is a standard response.... and it is not the actual response to your CSE.

As you've already sent a CSE, there's nothing else that you can do but to wait

manstar85

Apr 26, 2017
Thank you.. :)

Do you think it might be getting delayed because I am on a work permit here ? like you mentioned it's tough to get a TRV if the spouse has a PR.

Would it have been wiser to let her apply as tourist on her own without any reference to my presence in Canada ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
manstar85 said:
Do you think it might be getting delayed because I am on a work permit here ? like you mentioned it's tough to get a TRV if the spouse has a PR.
But you're not a PR so it can be easier for her to get a TRV (if she has demonstrated her ties).

Would it have been wiser to let her apply as tourist on her own without any reference to my presence in Canada ?
That can result in misrepresentation and a 5-years ban. It's necessary to declare the spouse/etc in the Family Information form