+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi,

Initially when I applied I got two emails there has been an update to your application while there was no update.

But today (after a month) I received an email that There have been no updates to your application and in the email it says thank you for your patience...

what does this mean? noone has started to work on it yet?

Bryanna - please comment!

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Visitor said:
Hi,

Initially when I applied I got two emails there has been an update to your application while there was no update.

But today (after a month) I received an email that There have been no updates to your application and in the email it says thank you for your patience...

Bryanna - please comment!
This is normal monthly update email regarding your cic account

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Anwers said:
This is normal monthly update email regarding your cic account
Thanks! So meaning noone has worked on application yet? A few people from same time slots have already received PPR.

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Visitor said:
Thanks! So meaning noone has worked on application yet? A few people from same time slots have already received PPR.
Your application is in process and they must be doing back ground check and at times it takes more time depending on information we provided thats why processing times varies

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anwers said:
Your application is in process and they must be doing back ground check and at times it takes more time depending on information we provided thats why processing times varies
Considering the specifics of @Visitor, it is unlikely that background checks are being done in his case. It's more likely a situation of high volume of visa applications received by IRCC.

@Visitor said:

The visa office has certainly started processing your application. However, some internal processing updates are not listed (not required to be listed) in the standard updates list which you can see in your online account. That's the reason why you received the ghost emails

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
thanks everyone for sharing the info!

I am really hoping to hear something soon...

@Bryanna - a quick question in my application I had provided itinerary information and insurance coverage starting from May 12th... in case CIC needs more time (hope that's not the case), should I send case specific query and resend the itinerary and insurance information from June? or is there any other way I should approach this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Visitor said:
@Bryanna - a quick question in my application I had provided itinerary information and insurance coverage starting from May 12th... in case CIC needs more time (hope that's not the case), should I send case specific query and resend the itinerary and insurance information from June? or is there any other way I should approach this?
Not necessary as you've submitted your application well ahead of your intended visit/insurance coverage dates. In any case, IRCC does not give TRV decisions based on an applicant's visit dates.

Is your visit for tourism/family or for business?

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Bryanna said:
Not necessary as you've submitted your application well ahead of your intended visit/insurance coverage dates. In any case, IRCC does not give TRV decisions based on an applicant's visit dates.

Is your visit for tourism/family or for business?
I had selected "Purpose" as "Other" and mentioned Family Visit and Business. For family visit - invitation from uncle and brother were attached and for business purpose I had provided confirmation of scheduled appointments with various business and government officials...

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
And duration was May 12th to June 15th... visiting Ontario and Manitoba... appointments can be rescheduled if needed...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Visitor said:
I had selected "Purpose" as "Other" and mentioned Family Visit and Business. For family visit - invitation from uncle and brother were attached and for business purpose I had provided confirmation of scheduled appointments with various business and government officials...
Ahh okay. The MPNP exploratory visit for your brother. I thought this is a different TRV app. Anyways

Hope he gets a decision soon

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Bryanna said:
Ahh okay. The MPNP exploratory visit for your brother. I thought this is a different TRV app. Anyways

Hope he gets a decision soon
Yes :)... so do you suggest sending case specific enquiry to update the information, let's say first week of May or will it be okay if don't send and just wait...

wow, you have a very good memory! :) really appreciate you helping a lot of people everyday voluntarily! God Bless!

manstar85

Apr 26, 2017
Hello Fellow Members,

I am in Canada on a work permit which expires in October 2018 and have applied for an online TRV for my wife on 7th April
The TRV was applied on my behalf by my employer's lawyers and as such I am unable check the status online.

As the application was made through the help of lawyers the documentation was elaborate including my wife's bank statements, leave approval from her employer, my offer letter and proof of supporting funds.

I have been able to check the status through IRCC's automated voice system and it says that "the documents have been received".

My questions are:

1. what stages does the TRV application go through ? if it says that the documents have been received then typically how long will the IRCC take to make a decision on the application. ?

2. Has anyone else applied around that date and received a final decision yet ?

Appreciate any inputs on this.

Many Thanks

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
manstar85 said:
Hello Fellow Members,

I am in Canada on a work permit which expires in October 2018 and have applied for an online TRV for my wife on 7th April
The TRV was applied on my behalf by my employer's lawyers and as such I am unable check the status online.

As the application was made through the help of lawyers the documentation was elaborate including my wife's bank statements, leave approval from her employer, my offer letter and proof of supporting funds.

I have been able to check the status through IRCC's automated voice system and it says that "the documents have been received".

My questions are:

1. what stages does the TRV application go through ? if it says that the documents have been received then typically how long will the IRCC take to make a decision on the application. ?

Many Thanks
Hi Mastar85 - current processing times is 20 business days as per CIC site, I have heard from some people who applied in last week of March have started to receive the passport requests for stamping... I have also seen some success for the people who applied paper based application in April, but apparently the online process is taking bit longer possible due to higher volume... for me I've applied on March 29th and still waiting...

as for the TRV process and stages that's a seniors question but I guess it's more dependant on the volume/type (students, parents, spouse, etc.) of application they received...

Hope it helps! and good luck!

senthilkumarank

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018
manstar85 said:
Hello Fellow Members,

My questions are:

Many Thanks

Im also in same situation Smiley. they submitted TRV online on 20th March. But still waiting. Let us know once you received for passport request

AKV

Oct 15, 2013
Hi All,

I submitted my monther-in-law's application online on 18th April, still no news, anyone submitted around that time and got response?

Regards,
AKV