+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

madhusanthosh

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
Greenhorn said:
Submitted online application for mother and father on Mar 10, received PPR earlier today (on 23rd Mar). So, in total 9 business days for online approval.
Thanks Bryanna and others for all the help.

Cheers,
GreenHorn
Congrats. I applied on Mar 22nd. Technically, today is the 9th business day. No news from cic yet. Any idea what is the average processing time? Have you booked flight tickets?

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
I believe that's in general as mine shows as the same but I am not sure if the application is in process or that sections tells us about different status message meaning

Thanks,
Ravi

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
We applied for my parents (in India) visitor's visa to attend my wedding (venue, decorator, photographer advance deposit and agreement attached, wedding website screenshot and link attached) in September for 3 weeks

Online Application
Date of submission April 02, 2017
We got a ghost mail on April 04

I am worried about refusal as they have only 2 lakh ($4000 approx) in their account with annual family income of around 5.5 lakh with last 3 years ITRs. We have farming business in India and we have attached last 3 years J forms and jamabandi (Land records) and property evaluation.

I am PR in Canada, I have attached my NOA for 3 years, chequing (7k) and saving (23k) statement for 6 months and house ownership (title certificate and property tax statement).

I also mentioned that they would need to return back by Oct second week to address harvesting responsibilities at family farm and also mentioned I will be paying for their trip expenses including airfare India to Canada and back to India. I work for provincial govt here.

Any thoughts, I feel like $4k is low but I promise paying for expenses.

Any thoughts and words of assurance? Bryanna or any other senior member?

Thanks

dr_jaat

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
legendrock said:
have applied for my parents visitor visa on 7 march 2017 still in process
Would you mind letting us know applicants country/state of residence? Also was it an online application or a paper based application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
dr_jaat said:
Any thoughts, I feel like $4k is low but I promise paying for expenses.
I do agree that CAD 4,000 is on the very low side for two persons (even for one person). However, as your parents own property + land (hopefully you have provided current market valuation) then that would help.

It's difficult to guess if they will get approved. It depends on the documentation + the visa officer's mood + the weather + luck :) :)

Who knows your parents might get lucky. As you've already submitted their applications, you cannot do anything except to keep your fingers crossed

Don't worry :) :)

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Bryanna said:
the visa officer's mood + the weather + luck :) :)
Visa officer's mood = union mood (I am getting paid no matter what)

Weather = it is hot in India .. If I was the officer I would want to go home asap and have a cold one.

Luck = what really matters. No matter how strong/weak your case is, luck plays a very crucial part in the process.

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Bryanna said:
I do agree that CAD 4,000 is on the very low side for two persons (even for one person). However, as your parents own property + land (hopefully you have provided current market valuation) then that would help.

It's difficult to guess if they will get approved. It depends on the documentation + the visa officer's mood + the weather + luck :) :)

Who knows your parents might get lucky. As you've already submitted their applications, you cannot do anything except to keep your fingers crossed

Don't worry :) :)
Thanks Bryanna,

I do appreciate your feedback and suggestions. I tried to maximize their savings but we recently spent a lot in building new home for them (completed last year and still some ongoing work), they didn't have bank account earlier (India is mainly a cash based economy).
I thought of transferring some of my savings to their accounts however, as you mentioned in few earlier comments to some other posts; it may give wrong impression of them being financially dependent on me.

I provided current market evaluation of agriculture land and the house, which totals around 4.24 crores (approx $800k).

I agree nothing can be done at this point. I applied for myself for 3 visas, 2 work permits and a PR application and was never as nervous as I am for this one. It just feels nice to express yourself to other people who could be in similar situation.

Thanks,

dr_jaat

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
My parents TRV application shows the following:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Not sure what is actual status on the application. Can anyone please let me know??

Thanks,
Ravi

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
ravi_saff said:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Not sure what is actual status on the application. Can anyone please let me know??

Thanks,
Ravi

That's exactly the same in my case too. we just applied a couple days ago.

dr_jaat

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ravi_saff said:

Thanks,
Ravi

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
dr_jaat said:
I thought of transferring some of my savings to their accounts however, as you mentioned in few earlier comments to some other posts; it may give wrong impression of them being financially dependent on me.
It's a good thing you did not transfer funds at the last minute to their accounts.

Hope you've included evidence of the newly constructed house + explain that considerable funds have been spent for it. If you haven't submitted this, you can try sending a CSE to request the visa office to consider this documentation (the visa office may/may not consider it, but give it a shot)

I provided current market evaluation of agriculture land and the house, which totals around 4.24 crores (approx $800k).
This is an excellent asset + reason to return to India

They might get lucky :)

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Bryanna said:
Hope you've included evidence of the newly constructed house + explain that considerable funds have been spent for it. If you haven't submitted this, you can try sending a CSE to request the visa office to consider this documentation (the visa office may/may not consider it, but give it a shot)
No, I did not include any evidence for this new construction. There is no documentation available for this. The reason is the house is built in the red circle of the village meaning no registration record is available. And the red circle land is not documented anywhere. All I have are the pictures from removing the old structure and construction of new. All set and done in cash.

Fingers crossed, if it gets approved then great. If refused, by April end we will harvest and sell the wheat crop and probably will be having around $4-5k from that. Will use J forms as evidence for sudden increase in money.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

dr_jaat