+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

cheema302

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
Hi everyone.
Thinking about applying for visitor visa for my mother. Just have few questions if anyone can answer me, will be big help.
- The proof of funds should be 4 months old, but how much would be sufficient?
- instead of my dad can I be my mother's supporter and provide my bank statement?
- If I am not wrong she has to go for up front medical?

And any additional tips for better results
Please and Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
cheema302 said:
- The proof of funds should be 4 months old, but how much would be sufficient?
6 months. Nothing borrowed, no large deposits. The bank balance must match her known sources of income.

- instead of my dad can I be my mother's supporter and provide my bank statement?
Does your mom live with you? Or are you inviting her?

- If I am not wrong she has to go for up front medical?
No, normally medicals are not required for TRVs. If it is required then the visa office will let you know

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
yadav said:
Bryanna,

I'm already in canada on single entry visitor for 6 months. my wifes study permit application is in process already. I called ircc and asked if it was possible to wait for my wifes permit and apply for my permit after while staying and they said yes we could try that.

Just wanted to know whats your suggestion on this?
Go for it :)

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna

Thank u so much, we were in a dilemma about the decision. Anyway staying and trying for open work permit is still cheaper than going back and going through all the expenditure.

Greenhorn

Nov 10, 2015
Submitted online application for mother and father on Mar 10, received PPR earlier today (on 23rd Mar). So, in total 9 business days for online approval.
Thanks Bryanna and others for all the help.

Cheers,
GreenHorn

satindsi

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
Doc's Request.
24-11-2013 SP2
Nomination.....
07-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
21-05-2015, In process on 26-05-2015
Med's Request
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
13-06-2015, Medical Received on 20-06-2015, DM on 17-08-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-08-2015, PP recd with VISA 27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Greenhorn said:
Submitted online application for mother and father on Mar 10, received PPR earlier today (on 23rd Mar). So, in total 9 business days for online approval.
Thanks Bryanna and others for all the help.

Cheers,
GreenHorn
Congratulations

That's super fast

cheema302

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
Bryanna said:
6 months. Nothing borrowed, no large deposits. The bank balance must match her known sources of income.

Does your mom live with you? Or are you inviting her?

No, normally medicals are not required for TRVs. If it is required then the visa office will let you know
Thanks for your help

Mar 23, 2017
Hi Bryanna,
I have served in the Indian Army. Now i am 75 yrs old. Also i have been to Canada before. We did not have such delay last time. I have tried to link my application after creating a GC key account. But it is unable to find my application. So i have sent a case specific querry to them. Is their anything else that can be done to expedite the Visa Process.
Best Regards.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ParveshChanderSuri said:
Hi Bryanna,
I have served in the Indian Army. Now i am 75 yrs old. Also i have been to Canada before. We did not have such delay last time. I have tried to link my application after creating a GC key account. But it is unable to find my application. So i have sent a case specific querry to them. Is their anything else that can be done to expedite the Visa Process.
Best Regards.
There are a number of ex-defense services applicants who are waiting for decisions.... some since August 2016 (even though they had visited Canada earlier). IRCC is most probably running background checks on your application

Here's one link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/trv-for-retired-army-officers-from-india-t457534.60.html

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
My Spouse is going to Apply for TRV, from India. We have two children together, I am Canadian Citizen, so are my children. I have already applied for sponsorship for my spouse. I was going to apply for TRV for my spouse for a very short visit a few weeks for the summer. As the children are toddlers, I would like them to come visit, with my wife. They go to school there currently and they will be visiting me for a very short duration, after which they will return. What documentation must I provide to, in order to satisfy the requirement of getting a visit visa (I have already an invitation letter and everything else related to financial responsibility.)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
atripnc said:
My Spouse is going to Apply for TRV, from India. We have two children together, I am Canadian Citizen, so are my children. I have already applied for sponsorship for my spouse. I was going to apply for TRV for my spouse for a very short visit a few weeks for the summer. As the children are toddlers, I would like them to come visit, with my wife. They go to school there currently and they will be visiting me for a very short duration, after which they will return. What documentation must I provide to, in order to satisfy the requirement of getting a visit visa (I have already an invitation letter and everything else related to financial responsibility.)
It will be difficult for your wife to get a TRV (because she is married to a Canadian + has two Canadian children who will accompany her). The visa officer may believe that your wife wants to remain in Canada while her PR is being processed. She can certainly apply though.

Her chances of a TRV approval will depend on her ties such as her employment/business, property/land ownership, previous travel history + when you last visited your family

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Hello,

I submitted my parents visitor application on March 14th.
Haven't heard anything back.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get an answer for visitor visa file?

Thank you,
Ravi

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ravi_saff said:
I submitted my parents visitor application on March 14th.
Haven't heard anything back.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get an answer for visitor visa file?
Current estimated processing time is 18 days. Actual time could take longer than this.

Your parents' applications are very recent. You'll have to wait patiently for decisions