+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mtina said:
1.Yes My father was working with CRPF and retired in 2002.
2.They need to visit less than 6 months.
3.Property details of both my mother and father including house is only submitted. and my fathers pension details.
4. they haven't travelled anywhere till now.
You replied to a post that was meant for someone else :) Anyway

Based on your previous post, IRCC is running background checks on your dad (particularly his employment). Quite honestly, I would not be too optimistic about him coming to Canada in April. You can try sending a CSE to the relevant visa office

There's a thread by poster 'Prayas' where people with similar backgrounds (defense though) have been waiting since August 2016. Last week, one of them got the TRV

mtina

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 feb 2016
AOR Received.
17 FEB 2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
MEDICAL PASSED
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
sorry for replying to wrong post!

Oh! too long background check. I tried CSE to delhi visa office but they said they wont respond to application which are under processing.

I'm too sad...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mtina said:
sorry for replying to wrong post!

Oh! too long background check. I tried CSE to delhi visa office but they said they wont respond to application which are under processing.

I'm too sad...
Hey no worries :)

Background checks can take time. As NDVO has already replied (which does not help much), sending another CSE will not help.

Don't worry.... sooner or later IRCC will give a decision (hopefully it will be sooner)

Cheer up :)

BlessU

Feb 8, 2017
Bryanna said:
You'll have to post more details about your parents situation:
1. How long do they want to visit + purpose of their visit?

2. What ties can they show apart from their properties? Unfortunately, a married sister will not count as a tie unless she/her children live with your parents

3. Have they traveled abroad to any other country?
Thanks for reply.
1. It would be to meet us. ~ 3 week. We are in Canada since 2 yrs .
2. I am younger daughter. My elder sister is in india. they have apartment given on rent+another home. they live alone as dont have any son.gave up partnership of business a year ago and retired. Have other brothers and family .
3. No travel outiside of india.

mtina

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 feb 2016
AOR Received.
17 FEB 2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
MEDICAL PASSED
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
Bryanna said:
Hey no worries :)

Background checks can take time. As NDVO has already replied (which does not help much), sending another CSE will not help.

Don't worry.... sooner or later IRCC will give a decision (hopefully it will be sooner)

Cheer up :)
Hi bryanna,

Can I withdraw this application and create new one with not specifying defence details as CRPF is not actually military or defence. My due for delivery is on May and I wanted them to be here.
whats your opinion?

Thanks for your valuable advice

Is there any chance?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mtina said:
Hi bryanna,

Can I withdraw this application and create new one with not specifying defence details as CRPF is not actually military or defence. My due for delivery is on May and I wanted them to be here.
whats your opinion?

Thanks for your valuable advice

Is there any chance?
Hi,

Please do not withdraw their applications. It will not help.

Even if you want to withdraw it, the final decision is with the visa office i.e. whether or not to let you withdraw their apps. And, it could take several weeks to close applications (after withdrawing).

Please do NOT ever conceal information as that could lead to a 5-years ban for misrepresentation.

IRCC can run background checks on anyone (even on ordinary people)..... and not just on people from defense backgrounds, but also from the police, judiciary, government departments, etc.

Let things continue as they are. Don't do anything

Hope your parents get their TRVs soon :)

kkd123

Jun 26, 2012
Hello Forum members,
I am planning to apply Visitor Visa for my parents and my elder sister.

My parents are retired and of age70+years. They have necessary assets and documents required for application.
My elder sister 35+ years and is not currently working. So she is not a dependent as per IRCC. She has very minimal amount/assets to show. For her, I am planning to sponsor her trip.
I have a stable job here in Canada and all the necessary required documents for sponsoring her trip.

So shall I submit 1 online application for my Parents+sister; father being the primary applicant here? What are the chances of getting this application approved?
Or shall I submit 2 applications 1 for my parents and another one for my sister? What are the chances of getting this application approved?

Appreciate your response on this.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
kkd123 said:
Hello Forum members,
I am planning to apply Visitor Visa for my parents and my elder sister.

My parents are retired and of age70+years. They have necessary assets and documents required for application.
My elder sister 35+ years and is not currently working. So she is not a dependent as per IRCC. She has very minimal amount/assets to show. For her, I am planning to sponsor her trip.
I have a stable job here in Canada and all the necessary required documents for sponsoring her trip.

So shall I submit 1 online application for my Parents+sister; father being the primary applicant here? What are the chances of getting this application approved?
Or shall I submit 2 applications 1 for my parents and another one for my sister? What are the chances of getting this application approved?

Appreciate your response on this.
Hi,

For a TRV, your sister must prove that she has the finances to pay for the trip (without borrowing from you/anyone else) + she has reasons to return to India. Your finances are secondary + you cannot *sponsor* her visit.

You'll have to post more details about your parents situations'. For how long do they want to visit + do they own property/land + do they live with other family members + do they have a good financial situation + do they get a pension, if yes do they have to renew it + do they have previous travel history, etc?

Based on your post, I suggest that you do not apply for your sister as her chances of getting a TRV are low

Cheers

BlessU

Feb 8, 2017
BlessU said:
Thanks for reply.
1. It would be to meet us. ~ 3 week. We are in Canada since 2 yrs .
2. I am younger daughter. My elder sister is in india. they have apartment given on rent+another home. they live alone as dont have any son.gave up partnership of business a year ago and retired. Have other brothers and family .
3. No travel outiside of india.
Hello Bryanna,
Any suggestion for this?

AJITHBILLA

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 03 2016
Doc's Request.
JAN 11 2016
Med's Request
JAN 14 2017
Med's Done....
JAN 31 2017
Hi

I applied Visitor Visa for my fiancee (She lives In Coimbatore, India ) through Online application

I have provided all Strong Documents as much I could , Even i have reserved the to and fro Flight tickets.

My question is , they have mention in online, processing time for Visitor Visa If you have applied in India is 18 days.

Is that for the paper application only ?

what can I do if my application take more than Processing time ?

Applying online makes any difference ?

please through your thoughts

thanks

AJITHBILLA

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 03 2016
Doc's Request.
JAN 11 2016
Med's Request
JAN 14 2017
Med's Done....
JAN 31 2017
AJITHBILLA said:
Hi

I applied Visitor Visa for my fiancee (She lives In Coimbatore, India ) through Online application

I have provided all Strong Documents as much I could , Even i have reserved the to and fro Flight tickets.

My question is , they have mention in online, processing time for Visitor Visa If you have applied in India is 18 days.

Is that for the paper application only ?

Applying online makes any difference ?

please through your thoughts

thanks
Date Applied: 03-mar-2017
application confirmed: 04-mar-2017

No change after that ...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
AJITHBILLA said:
Even i have reserved the to and fro Flight tickets.
It is not advisable to buy plane tickets until a visa is issued.

Processing time posted on the IRCC website is only a guide/estimate. Actual time can be faster/take longer than this.

Your application has just crossed the estimated processing time. I suggest you wait for another week or so

Mar 23, 2017
Hello,
Me and my wife applied for Canadian Tourist Visa through VFS Ahmedabad in Paper format on 03/November/2016. We have been doing regular Follow up by Visiting VFS and also send emails. For the emails we are getting no response. VFS is also unable to respond the on our application. The Visa is getting delayed for no apparent Reason. We had already got US Visa and according we have booked our flights on 01 May 2017. Let me give further details. Our Son was in Singapore In February as his ship was docked there for repairs. We visited VFS ( In Jan) and request for our passport duly endorsed with Canada Visa so that we can utilize the passport and visit Singapore. On their Intimation by email we went to VFS and collected our passport which were not endorsed with VISA. By the time we received our passports at VFS , it was too late and late we had to cancel our Singapore trip. So we the Passports were given back to VFS on the same day and time as we were told our application is still under process. This was on 9th Feb 2017. We again visited VFS today and we are informed that our application is under process. For your information we had visted Canada in 2004 on a valid canadian Visa. Pls suggest what action do we take to get any proper response from them.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ParveshChanderSuri said:
Hello,
Me and my wife applied for Canadian Tourist Visa through VFS Ahmedabad in Paper format on 03/November/2016. We have been doing regular Follow up by Visiting VFS and also send emails. For the emails we are getting no response. VFS is also unable to respond the on our application. The Visa is getting delayed for no apparent Reason. We had already got US Visa and according we have booked our flights on 01 May 2017. Let me give further details. Our Son was in Singapore In February as his ship was docked there for repairs. We visited VFS ( In Jan) and request for our passport duly endorsed with Canada Visa so that we can utilize the passport and visit Singapore. On their Intimation by email we went to VFS and collected our passport which were not endorsed with VISA. By the time we received our passports at VFS , it was too late and late we had to cancel our Singapore trip. So we the Passports were given back to VFS on the same day and time as we were told our application is still under process. This was on 9th Feb 2017. We again visited VFS today and we are informed that our application is under process. For your information we had visted Canada in 2004 on a valid canadian Visa. Pls suggest what action do we take to get any proper response from them.
Hi,

Visiting the VFS office will not help as VFS has no influence over the visa process..... nor does VFS have access to any internal updates for your visa applications.

1. Did you serve in the defense services, police, judiciary, etc?

2. Have you lived abroad for a significant duration of time?

You can try linking your paper applications to your online MyCIC account. This will give you a more realistic idea about the processing status. The link is:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

After you link your paper applications, you will not receive any emails. All updates will be notified only in the MyCIC account

Cheers

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna,

I'm already in canada on single entry visitor for 6 months. my wifes study permit application is in process already. I called ircc and asked if it was possible to wait for my wifes permit and apply for my permit after while staying and they said yes we could try that.

Just wanted to know whats your suggestion on this?