+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

phymaniac

Feb 2, 2017
I am new to this forum and I have a couple of questions regarding a spousal TRV.

Background

Applicant: Indian national, no travel history, pursuing a PhD in a prestigious Indian university
Sponsor (husband): Indian national here in Canada on a WP, highest degree earned : PhD
Relationship: Arranged marriage
Application type: Visitor visa

Questions

1. My recently wed (Dec 9, 2016) wife applied for a TRV online from India on Feb 1 and there has been no updates except for "Passed medical exam". The website shows 19 days as standard processing time. I understand that each case is unique and some unlucky applications get stuck in the processing clog. To that end, I was wondering what else can be done to expedite the processing apart from sending case specific enquiry, writing to IMMnewdelhi and calling (totally useless) NDVO. We haven't received any reply from them.

What I do not understand is despite us having provided everything that was asked for
My employment letter
financial support letter
bank statements
Income tax (CRA) statement
Her personal funds
a letter from her PhD adviser stating that she will have to come back after 3 months' leave
upfront medical tests
PCC
lots of pictures of our wedding
a very touchy letter (purpose of visit).

Am I missing anything? Her application is as straightforward as it can be.

2. While her TRV was under review she managed to secure (with offer letters, hasn't decided on which one she is gonna take) two internship positions at Research labs. From what I understand after browsing through the web is that she needs a work permit of some sort (OWP or Co-op WP) to be able to conduct research for the proposed internship. So, I was wondering whether she should apply for the work permit now or when she is here. I have also heard rumors that one can get a WP from the POE. Just wanted to know what is the best course of action in her situation. Mind you that she is getting really anxious to be here with me, so that would be our first priority and she thinks that the internship can wait a bit longer in the worst possible scenario.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Although I have applied for a super visa, what is the general consensus on online vs paper applications? Is one of them faster than the other based on previous experiences?

iyerSri4Spouse

May 19, 2015
Bryanna said:
Your mom will get her TRV. It's just a matter of time. NDVO would have noted the changes after receiving the email from the Bangalore VO

Don't worry :)
Hi Bryanna,

:) Finally ....!!! We got the passport request for Mom as well. Huge Relief.

Thanks again for your support and insights.

Somehow the last general inquiry did the trick (but will never know why 2 applications got split)

-Sri.

oncoders

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
tim50 said:
How much time to get visa/passport back from CIC for online visitor visa application. I have submitted passport to CIC on Mar 3rd. mycic showing as below.

Application status - We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents. 
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. 
I have also submitted passports on the 3rd to VAC , our kids passports got delivered today by courier. For us it is showing the same message as you, for the kids it was showing approved in the Final decision since yesterday.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
iyerSri4Spouse said:
Hi Bryanna,

:) Finally ....!!! We got the passport request for Mom as well. Huge Relief.

Thanks again for your support and insights.

Somehow the last general inquiry did the trick (but will never know why 2 applications got split)

-Sri.
That's absolutely great. I'm happy for you :) :) :) :)

Yeah, it almost seems like they had forgotten about her application until you emailed the Bangalore visa office

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
phymaniac said:
lots of pictures of our wedding
a very touchy letter (purpose of visit).

Am I missing anything? Her application is as straightforward as it can be.

2. While her TRV was under review she managed to secure (with offer letters, hasn't decided on which one she is gonna take) two internship positions at Research labs. From what I understand after browsing through the web is that she needs a work permit of some sort (OWP or Co-op WP) to be able to conduct research for the proposed internship. So, I was wondering whether she should apply for the work permit now or when she is here. I have also heard rumors that one can get a WP from the POE. Just wanted to know what is the best course of action in her situation. Mind you that she is getting really anxious to be here with me, so that would be our first priority and she thinks that the internship can wait a bit longer in the worst possible scenario.
Hi,

Your wife has applied fairly recently. Processing times posted are only estimates. Actual time can be much longer/much faster than this.

IMO, the *touchy letter/purpose of visit* and lots of wedding photos + 3 months's visit..... will work against her getting a TRV approval. It indicates a strong desire to be with you = overstay her visit.

She will have to apply for a SOWP. No, she cannot get a WP at the border because she is not from a visa-exempt country

I hope she gets her TRV soon

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oncoders said:
I have also submitted passports on the 3rd to VAC , our kids passports got delivered today by courier. For us it is showing the same message as you, for the kids it was showing approved in the Final decision since yesterday.
OK. Keep posted updates. Typically, it's take around a week to get passports back.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna,

I noticed my visa was given for 6 month n single entry. My wife has applied for her extension of permit yesterday. Do u think if she secures her permit then ill b able to extend or change my visa to open work permit within canada?

guyfromtoronto

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
tim50 said:
How much time to get visa/passport back from CIC for online visitor visa application. I have submitted passport to CIC on Mar 3rd. mycic showing as below.

Application status - We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents. 
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. 
Did you track the passport status at VFS tracking website? What does it show?

jincyraju

Mar 8, 2017
Bryanna said:
Hi Jin,

There's a lot more that both you and your mom must submit. I suggest you go through this forum + the Visa Office Instructions/Document checklist posted on the IRCC website for India applicants.

Do post specific queries or the list of documents which you intend to submit, and I will surely help you

Hi Bryan a. ...thanks for the prompt reply.

1.If I do the paper application do my mom needs to go to the visa office.
2. Do I need to send her an invitation letter my pay statement.
3. She is widowed no bank balance to show do she need to keep property doc along with the app.
4.do she need to submit her passport along with the application.

Thanks
jin

jincyraju

Mar 8, 2017

3. She is widowed no bank balance to show do she need to keep property doc along with the app.

Thanks
jin

Report to moderator 209.18.102.249

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

How long it will take after we submit our passports to CIC.? Can anyone please comment on current trend. As per VFS tracking I see my parents passports are transferred to Bangalore. We submitted on March 6th, Monday 2017.

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
jincyraju said:

Hi Jin,

I recommend you go through the Document Checklist and the Visa Office instructions.

If you have any specific queries or if you want advice on improving your mom's TRV approval chances then I will definitely help you.

Having said that, you must include:
As the host: An invitation letter + copies of your passport/immigration status in Canada + your employment letter/ NOA/ pay stubs, etc + your bank statement

For your mom:
1. Does she have any financial investments? For example, FDs, RDs, shares/mutual funds, pension funds, earn a rental income, jewelry, etc?

2. Does she live with any other dependent family members? For example, your grandparents, siblings, etc?

3. Does she live in the property which she owns? If it is an apartment then is she a member of the housing society (if applicable)?

4. Has your mom traveled abroad in the last 10 years?

5. Is your mom employed or has a business?

6. For how long does your mom want to visit?

7. Can she include some reason by which she must return to her home country by a specific date (with evidence)?

Cheers